BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Glenn said:

The way I see it, people do what they feel is best. It's not a competition, nobody has to justify their choice. 

Good luck with that, where have you been for the past 5yrs :D

When we were relegated from the PL at the turn of the millennium, gates fell by c6000, which kind of hits the idea on the head that all the fans who've left since this relegation,simply want PL football. 

There aren't fans who've walked away this time because of the owners? Get real and stop trying to defend yourselves from the fact that the attendees - rightly or wrongly - are in fact supporting the owners. They are. It's up to every individual to decide whether to continue to turn up or not, but don't tell us that paying your money and turning up every week isn't supporting the owners and what they're doing. You might well hate what they're doing, but you ARE supporting them. You're supporting them financially which is just about the best support any fan can give.

i don't really care tuppence any more what the fans do, but whinging about the owners, while still attending doesn't compute for me.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Please will you not swear? (Even if you have spelt it incorrectly).

Anyway, it's been a heartbreaking decision for many people to stop going for a host of reasons because they feel a disconnect from the club due to Venky's. I find it quite staggering that people can see the damage they have caused, acknowledge this, then trivialise the views of those at the end of their tethers. But then, these people of course expect their opinions to be respected, whilst simultaneously not respecting others' views. The internet is magnificent, isn't it?

Venky's out.

For my Dad with 64 years of Season Tickets to give up Rovers, knowing he doesn't have much time left, shows the damage Venky's have done (he didn't give up after the Cup Final mess, but has now).

According to Rev, that's 'boasting' :P (I'm joking Rev, I know you're not that odd).

#VenkysOut

Not my club anymore. its a sad shell.

I'll say it one more time---if every Rovers fan stayed away for ONE home game it would be all over for Venkys.

But that will never happen for reasons I do not respect so, instead, we will die slowly, week by week, for however long suits Venkys.

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

I'll say it one more time---if every Rovers fan stayed away for ONE home game it would be all over for Venkys.

But that will never happen for reasons I do not respect so, instead, we will die slowly, week by week, for however long suits Venkys.

How do you work that one out? 

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Steve1 said:

Ye every1 knows this...but people still like to go n cheer the boys on :wub::rover:

Steve, I promise I'm not picking on you, but please can you type in full sentences and not in text speak, please? It will only take a couple of seconds more if you're a fast typist. I have faith that you are! :brfc:

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It is beyond me how some of our fans still don't realise that it is the club that is hurt, not the owners, when boycotts take place. 

The boycotts are not causing the club harm, they are a symptom of the club being harmed by the owners. 

It amazes me that after 6 years of this nonsense, so many still haven't grasped the simple truth that attendance is irrelevant. If we had 30k on every second week at Ewood, do people actually think the owners would be putting money into the club? That a white knight investor would have come riding in to save us? That our team of increasingly poor players and revolving door of poor managers would have somehow performed substantially better because there were more people at the ground cheering and singing songs? 

Our plight and our peril goes so far beyond this. I can understand why supporters want to keep this at a simple level, but the brutal truth is that attending games by itself will not save the club from what I believe has now become a terminal decline. All we can say for sure is that the likes of Suhail, Cheston, Silent Bob and Senior will be very happy to see fans sniping at each other rather than redirecting their anger and frustration at the source of our problems. 

Just now, DE. said:

The boycotts are not causing the club harm, they are a symptom of the club being harmed by the owners. 

It amazes me that after 6 years of this nonsense, so many still haven't grasped the simple truth that attendance is irrelevant. If we had 30k on every second week at Ewood, do people actually think the owners would be putting money into the club? That a white knight investor would have come riding in to save us? That our team of increasingly poor players and revolving door of poor managers would have somehow performed substantially better because there were more people at the ground cheering and singing songs? 

Our plight and our peril goes so far beyond this. I can understand why supporters want to keep this at a simple level, but the brutal truth is that attending games by itself will not save the club from what I believe has now become a terminal decline. All we can say for sure is that the likes of Suhail, Cheston, Silent Bob and Senior will be very happy to see fans sniping at each other rather than redirecting their anger and frustration at the source of our problems. 

Do you not get that if we had 30,000 fans creating a encouraging atmosphere for our players and an intimidating one for our opponents, it would be a good thing? 

I watched a documentary about Boca juniors last night. The atmosphere at their games is incredible. Would it be incredible if half the stadium was empty? No. 

Armageddon at the club isn't inevitable, contrary to what some of you think. 

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Do you not get that if we had 30,000 fans creating a encouraging atmosphere for our players and an intimidating one for our opponents, it would be a good thing? 

I watched a documentary about Boca juniors last night. The atmosphere at their games is incredible. Would it be incredible if half the stadium was empty? No. 

Armageddon at the club isn't inevitable, contrary to what some of you think. 

Huge crowds are absolutely irrelevant if the team and manager are no good. See Newcastle and Sunderland for modern proof of that. Also worth noting that in Man Utd's pomp their crowds could hardly be considered "intimidating", as acknowledged by Roy Keane's "prawn sandwich brigade" comment. But you know what was intimidating? The fact they had good players and one hell of a manager. That's what causes teams to get nervous, not crowds chanting "BARMY ARMY" on repeat.

As for Armageddon not being inevitable - unless we are saved by an investor or new owner, how are we on anything less than the road to oblivion? Or do you think we'll be able to survive on emergency loan funding forever?

Where is your season ticket again? which stand? 

The atmosphere or number of people turning up isn't directly related to on the pitch performance. If it was then Newcastle wouldn't have been in this league to begin with and wouldn't have needed to spend £50 million to go back up, they would have just relied on 50,000 fans making an intimidating atmosphere. Likewise Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday wouldn't have been in League One recently and would have been promoted by now. The fact that this last season they have been in the top 6 is more to do with getting owners prepared to do things properly and getting decent managers.

The point is that no matter how much revenue supporters generate or don't generate, the regime in place at this club is not fit for purpose and hasn't been for 6 years. Increased revenues would merely be squandered at the first opportunity by the people running this club by signing more Leon Bests and Anthony Stokes. If we'd have had 30,000 turning up in 2012 would they have sacked Kean quicker? Appointed a proper manager instead of Berg and Appleton? Not let Shebby Singh wreck the club? Appointed qualified competent board members rather than leave Cheston to run it on his own needing permission from India to make decisions? No way they would.

The most important thing at any club is the structure. An owner prepared to invest (wisely), a board qualified and empowered to make decisions and changes, managers of a good enough quality who get sacked when results aren't good enough and who are supported from above and given a chance to build something. We've got none of the above and haven't for 6 years, yet none of those things are reserved for clubs with 25,000 a week turning up or bigger revenues. Even AFC Fylde have those things. How does having 14,000 a week instead of 24,000 a week prevent you from appointing a capable board or making sensible decisions? It doesn't, nor would it encourage them to do things differently if we had those bigger numbers.

The only thing it might do is make the club more attractive to potential buyers, but given Venkys track record of ignoring/rejecting any offer of investment or help in the club it doesn't really matter if Bill Gates and Warren Buffet team up to buy the club because they wouldn't get past first base with the Indians.

You ran off on another thread when I asked you a question you couldn't answer. You seem to prefer sniping around at posters with very little substance. You are a bore. 

Dead simple question - in reply to your rallying call above for 30k in the stadium and you generally slagging off boycotters over the past few pages:

Just now, Gav said:

Dead simple question - in reply to your rallying call above for 30k in the stadium and you generally slagging off boycotters over the past few pages:

I live in Ireland, but I try get over a few times a season.

It doesn't weaken the argument that boy cotters are accomplishing nothing other than saving themselves money. It has a negative effect on the players and on gate receipts ie money for the club. 

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

It's easy to preach when you don't live in the area, work in the area and feel the pain first hand.

What stand are you in this Saturday BGS? Practice what you preach.

Boycotting only damages the team. Venkys don't know or care how many are at games. So those who do it because they think it hurts Venkys, are doing it for the wrong reasons. 

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

It's easy to preach when you don't live in the area, work in the area and feel the pain first hand.

What stand are you in this Saturday BGS? Practice what you preach.

I know thats not aimed at me, but I feel bad now :lol:

I live in Ireland, but I try get over a few times a season.

It doesn't weaken the argument that boy cotters are accomplishing nothing other than saving themselves money. It has a negative effect on the players and on gate receipts ie money for the club. 

You want to have a word with yourself, slagging people off for not going and you hardly ever step foot in the place, irony wrapped hypocrisy. 

Just have a think about that next time you consider slagging of people that don't go.

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I know thats not aimed at me, but I feel bad now :lol:

You want to have a word with yourself, slagging people off for not going and you hardly ever step foot in the place, irony wrapped hypocrisy. 

Just have a think about that next time you consider slagging of people that don't go.

Well it's better than your blinkered approach. Deflecting a mute point  back on someone who doesn't even live in the country, to draw attention from the fact that your entire approach is stupid. 

*cough* chaps, this is going in a direction I'm not keen on and I'm trying to maintain the air of civility that's been pervading the place recently, so lets keep it to subject and away for personal spats and "I'm a bigger fan than you"  point scoring, please (obviously that's a gentle request to everyone).

20 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

That's another post now without you clarifying my comments further in regards to your first post, any reason why you've chosen not too?

The term "supporter" being used by yourself in this context appears too be thrown around rather carelessly. The term supporter derives many meanings, "Spectator" might be more appropriate if you are just attending games would it not? Other than games PB, do you actively look to "support" the club elsewhere in other capacities? 

In regards to myself claiming to be a supporter, i'll just confirm a few things which i think still makes me an active supporter;

• Past and presently dealt with various people within the Department of Sport in relation to them gaining a wider appreciation of the off field matters/fans views which have courted this club under the Indian regime, with that in mind it's actively purporting facts and plenty of research i have privately undertaken back to them of which they can question certain assurances previously given to them from the FA and seek further clarification on the interests and security/future of the club.
  • I've commuted on numerous occasions from my North West base P/T and Watford base to coming up and across to Blackburn at games this season to participate in the distribution of leaflets for an hour then doing the journey back again, this has included meeting various fan groups in the evenings and replicating the commuting. 
  • I've been approached personally by ex employees across different cross functions who previously worked or may have had ties at the club previously in some form to provide me with a better understanding of certain issues not just at the club but the governance of the game and as a result coming at personal great expense, days off work to then facilitate and meet or take phone calls at night.
  • Liaised with a supporters group regularly in regards to helping them submit proposals on certain subjects of interest. Spoke to ex sponsors, and local businesses now being affected by the demise of the club.
  • Initialized various ideas for things planned in the future etc.
  • Willingly offering further assistance to many great "supporters" with there own research into things.

Now i don't think I have to qualify your second post further given it's in reply to my initial post which i think somewhat sums things up for me presently, This town of which i have no personal connection with needs Rovers, it needs them away from Venkys to enable it to recover. The local businesses and micro economics are affected, the demenour of the local demographic is struggling with the role Rovers play in the town these days and as you've seen yourself on the terraces i suspect the division in which has been created. Now if you think staying up will make this better then I think you are sadly mistaken, it's broken beyond repair and it drastically needs change.

Furthermore in my post you picked up on you forgot to reiterate the following below, which is core to my non Ewood attendance these days amongst it being a sad fact and feeling given I've spent several years as a season ticket holder previously and it's been the source of taking family and clients to games in the past. I appreciate like Chaddy if Ewood was burned down tommorow you'd probably still sit in the ashes waiting for kick off BUT enough is enough for me, i won't be made a fool off.

I cannot doubt your commitment and passion for the things you do outside games.

Do I wish you attend home games? Yes of course I do

Can I PM you to asked you few questions about ex employees and other things? Thanks in Advance

14 hours ago, Steve1 said:

Maybe because no 1 can do anything about it...wot don't u understand mr. Slayer ???? 

I have said before no protest or boycott will have an affect on the owners and only affect the club not the owners in India. Said this for few years now

12 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Its about the team and the club on Saturday NOT the owners.

Radio Rovers had better have changed the play list to try and generate some kind of pre match build up. The fans should unite together as one for the match and the games v Bristol and Villa, they are all must win games.

After all is said and done do we really want to see Rovers in League one where any future protests wont even appear on a 3rd rate news feed !

ITS TIME TO UNITE AS ONE BRFC:brfc:

100% agree. I

11 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Isn't relegation inevitable? If it's not this season it's next season. 

The team we have this season is mid to bottom of the championship standard. 

Then they'll replace these with league 1 standard over the summer if we stay up. 

Then that's relegation confirmed. It's just delaying the inevitable staying up this season unfortunately. 

It will be very interesting Summer regarding signings and the quality of them.

Mowbray and Senior will be working hard on them.

8 hours ago, 47er said:

It would have zero affect and impact on the owners. They are in the country but in India. Zero Impact on them

Archived