BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU!

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well it's better than your blinkered approach. Deflecting a mute point  back on someone who doesn't even live in the country, to draw attention from the fact that your entire approach is stupid. 

You're slagging people off for not going and you don't go yourself?

Are you incapable of understanding the irony in that post?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Glenn said:

*cough* chaps, this is going in a direction I'm not keen on and I'm trying to maintain the air of civility that's been pervading the place recently, so lets keep it to subject and away for personal spats and "I'm a bigger fan than you"  point scoring, please (obviously that's a gentle request to everyone).

You can cough all you want, he needs calling out for the gross hypocrisy of his posts.

Surly you're not clamping down on debate? 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm not boycotting. I go when I can. 

Do you understand? 

I've explained it to you several times now, I won't explain it again.

Stop slagging posters off for not going when they can count on 1 hand the amount of times you've been this season.

Just now, Gav said:

Stop slagging posters off for not going when they can count on 1 hand the amount of times you've been this season.

There is a difference between boycotting and not boycotting. The amount of games I go to is irrelevant. 

Just now, Gav said:

Pipe down. You do more slagging off than anyone. Then go running to the other site to join in there. Puerile. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have said before no protest or boycott will have an affect on the owners and only affect the club not the owners

It would have zero affect and impact on the owners. They are in the country but in India. Zero Impact on them

Just because you have written that umpteen times doesn't make it true. Same goes for "No-one will ever stop me from going to Rovers" or what ever the mantra is.

32 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Pipe down. You do more slagging off than anyone. Then go running to the other site to join in there. Puerile. 

"Puerile" is responding "Morning sweet cheeks X" to another poster"

26 minutes ago, 47er said:

Just because you have written that umpteen times doesn't make it true. Same goes for "No-one will ever stop me from going to Rovers" or what ever the mantra is.

No protest or boycott has had any affect on the owners so far. So why in the future will it affect them?

49 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

So how'd it go today blueboy chaddy and co?

did the boys get plenty of backing?

Really stupid comment tbh

Stick to Boycotting but its done in getting rid the owners at all. The only thing it affect is the team and players

30 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Not even a peep of #VenkysOut even after that disgrace of a 'performance'.

Venky's must love fans like ours.

Did you try to start a chant? 

From my point of view it has zero impact on the owners. So to be blunt its pointless

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Stick to Boycotting but its done in getting rid the owners at all. The only thing it affect is the team and players

Rubbish. No protesting for the last few games and they still aint winning. What will it take to get you and a few others to get off your hands or are you just a match day fan? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You throw it large on boycotters whom don't protaganise half as much as the "Stayers" 

It's not stupid you all built it up this week, emphasised on getting behind the team etc.

So simple question did you get behind the team? Plenty of back and noise? or apathy?

We both know it's not just boycotting i look at as evidenced when you PM etc, the players are grown men, it isn't IBROX or Old Trafford FFS like they are @#/? if another 3k turn up given the boycotters are apparently only a minority as ridiculed this week then what difference will it make if we are such a minority?

Players are grown men and if they can't take the heat now then they shouldn't have taken the @#/? all season, deserve all they get.

The crowd just seemed shell shocked today.

Think back to the QPR game, both owners and manager got both barrels. The Mowbray appointment was a line in the sand for many- survival had to be the priority.

Could be good as relegated by Easter Monday, be interesting to see how the crowd reacts that day.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

The crowd just seemed shell shocked today.

Think back to the QPR game, both owners and manager got both barrels. The Mowbray appointment was a line in the sand for many- survival had to be the priority.

Could be good as relegated by Easter Monday, be interesting to see how the crowd reacts that day.

Interested to know Matty as you obviously still attend and based on the following;

The "Stayers" have had a go all season at missing fans, PL glamour fans and recently boycotters. Cries for some to return and rallying calls issued this week even from Mowbray and repetitively from the team. This all in aid of "Getting behind the team" etc.

Given numerous reports featured in the match topics and disappointing atmospheres this season, do you think the "Stayers" could have done more to get behind the lads? Would it have made a difference with the 10k ish left behind still making an effort to get behind the team?

Ewood is not Ibrox or Old Trafford in my opinion and seems a futile point to make at those not attending out of all sorts of reasons, what's your take personally? 

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Not even a peep of #VenkysOut even after that disgrace of a 'performance'.

Venky's must love fans like ours.

They have robbed Rovers fans of everything. Premier League, boardroom, managers, players, fellow fans, passion, voice, heart, pride, dignity.

I don't even expect a pitch invasion if we are relegated against Villa. I don't even expect tears. Just a shrug of resignation. The players will traipse off, get changed and climb into their expensive cars and go back to their expensive homes. They will be on the phone to their agents about their next club.

It's like rubber necking at an accident that you can't drive past. But hey, let's all stay positive because... well, because it sounds like a good thing to say.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Interested to know Matty as you obviously still attend and based on the following;

The "Stayers" have had a go all season at missing fans, PL glamour fans and recently boycotters. Cries for some to return and rallying calls issued this week even from Mowbray and repetitively from the team. This all in aid of "Getting behind the team" etc.

Given numerous reports featured in the match topics and disappointing atmospheres this season, do you think the "Stayers" could have done more to get behind the lads? Would it have made a difference with the 10k ish left behind still making an effort to get behind the team?

Ewood is not Ibrox or Old Trafford in my opinion and seems a futile point to make at those not attending out of all sorts of reasons, what's your take personally? 

There has been a marked difference in atmosphere since Mowbray's appointment, a very audible attempt to actually 'get behind the lads'. When Barnsley scored their opener, the crowd reaction was still one of vocal support.

That had dissipated completely by full time.

There has been a marked difference in atmosphere since Mowbray's appointment, a very audible attempt to actually 'get behind the lads'. When Barnsley scored their opener, the crowd reaction was still one of vocal support.

Thanks Matty, i do appreciate.

That appears recently but the course of this season, have the stayers done enough at home "Getting Behind the Lads"? Could they have backed them more? Have they sat there in silence like what has been reported?

Enough ridicule of those who protest, boycott etc to come back, after being regarded by "stayers" as only a minority, rallying calls this week to come back from Mowbray etc, has there been enough done by the "Spectators" over the season?

Agree with this. Mowbray is not the problem. I hope he stays in League One.

He looked a broken man at the end. Pacing around, he stopped short of kicking the water bottles but more idly tipped them over with his foot. I felt very sorry for him. And for myself really. Barring Mahoney, and probably Bennett, the team are not interested in the shirt. Regardless of ability you would expect them to be scrapping for ever ball. They are not.

Archived