BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Thimbleweed Park

If anyone has a PS4 with PS Plus account, Tales from the Borderlands (Telltale Games adventure game) is free this month. It's not in the traditional style, but it gets excellent reviews.

It's been on my want list for a while so I'm glad I waited.

I've had very little time to play, but I've made it into the factory grounds at last.

Anyone know how many chapters there are? One of the chaps at work mentioned he was on Chapter 9, which was far more than I expected, but after what you learn from the will reading, I suspect there is a chunk more story to unfurl. I know I could google it, but I'm scared I might accidentally spoiler the ending.

I got it as a gift on Steam :D

Seems a lot simpler than Monkey Island, so I'm not entirely sure about it yet, as there's LOTS of talking and picking things up, but not much puzzle-solving. At least so far.

I'm sure the drunkard right at the beginning is a tribute to the Seattle Airport bum from Zak McKracken.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017. 4. 19. at 08:06, ultrablue said:

I think im in part 3 too now. The map has opened up, Ive got 5 playable characters and a hundred things on my to do list. Solving puzzles across multiple characters is pretty cool. It reminds me of Monkey Island 2 when all three islands open up. 

If you ever come grinding to a halt and need a hand try this:  http://philome.la/IndieGames_Muso/tiny-incremental-hints-for-thimbleweed-park

Its not a walkthrough per se. The first hint is always just a gentle nudge.

Try this Phil - should nudge you in the right direction before you have to google the full spoiler.

Archived