BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 'Fans United' Protest - Pool v Orient

Neal

There is a 'Fans United' protest planned for the Pool v Orient game. I'm going to do my best to attend. The issue of poor ownership in football has to be brought to light by supporters coming together and supporting each other. This is a prime opportunity to throw some stones the way of the F.A. and being supported ny the FSF I'd expect a decent amount of media attention for this one also. 

The pool fans are a decent bunch and very welcoming, on top of that it should be a fun day out. 

Screenshot_20170412-015725.thumb.png.c3ab99e52460eeb2256cac2342e11181.png

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't sure where to stick this, shocking from the FA and EFL that they received so called financial assurances in March (last month) and allowed Bechetti this cowboy a former bankrupt into English football. Now staff unpaid can't afford there rent.

C-K7boFXoAAp1bw.jpg

Just now, 1864roverite said:

And then there was more silence.........disgusting to treat the club like they have done and continue to do

Exactly, looks like the monies 1 million he was due to put in aint arriving either. Successfully fought extradition to Albania over a failed hydro electric company recently. 

His 25 million pad in Mayfair still looks nice (for the moment). 

Yet just as we've found out the good old ownership test, FA and EFL just give you a big wave on the way down.

So its expected there will be 4k plus for this, with fans from clubs around the country attending. A pool friend of mine has been speaking to the BBC and other media for this so hopefully it will attract some decent media attention. 

If you decide to attend then be loud, proud and bring any banners you have access to. 

Fans United. Venkys Out.

Can I just be clear on this... This banner was paid for by the WMC fighting fund. The banner belongs to the fans and has been passed on to fans attending tomorrows game. 

Well done to all that got this one done, got a lot of media attention today. 

Fans United. Venkys Out.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Great effort, right message but if we see the banner on the TV then it's likely to be because we are down and out. :(

It shouldn't matter with the way club is being run into rhe ground.

Thought i'd do little report on Saturdays protest and post some pictures from the protest.

Arrived with the EWC banner around 3.30 with not many people there, did an interview for the FSF. Met up with Chrimpshire and another Rovers fan called Anthony which was un planned. Shortly after we had another Rovers fan turn up randomly who helped us with the banner, i forget his name but another decent bloke. When we got the banner out everyone was taking photo's, many Blackpool fans came up to me saying they thought we were in a worse situation than them, which I agreed.

We made acquaintances with the lads from 'Total Eclipse Of The Sun' who were really sympathetic to our situation and couldn't believe the depths of mismanagement and corruption when briefly telling our strory. 

As we walked down the sea front at 4pm i realised the sheer scale of the protest, the police estimated around 6,000 and others upwards of 5,000.

As we walked with banner, we noticed fans from Coventry, Orient and Pool with similar messages to ours. People were constantly taking photos, applauding and giving thumbs up. 

As we got closer to the ground Orient fans started songs about the efl, we got chatting to those and they were really decent people, shortly after I was interviewed by Rock FM and another person who I'm not sure of but was with the Orient fans.

When we got to the ground the Blackpool fans had started a fire where they burned an effigy of Carl Oyston, which we found hilarious. 

The fans gathered outside the hotel/player entrence where they began to let off flares and sing loudly about Oyston. It got a little heated at one point as the hotel staff had antagonised the supporters and they then tried to rip open the doors to get inside. 

We then started to walk around the ground, we walked up to street level to hold the banner up above the protest and got a really big round of applause and had lots of fans coming up to us to shake our hands. I managed to get a chant going of "You left us to die, you left us to die, F.A. Scumbags, you left us to die!".

We walked back to the main entrence again where there were 2 vehicles equiped with full P.A. Systems with people getting chants going, my friend Lee being one of those and got a nice 'Venkys Out' chant going. 

We then walked the banner to the second vehicle which was a massive truck trailer on the car park across from the main entrance. There were guest speakers from the FSF giving some inspiring talks, we were asked to bring our banner in front of where the talks were being given and got a massive round of applause from everyone which was a really nice way to end the day. The Orient and Pool fans thanked us for coming and wished us good luck. 

My views: This was exactly how a protest is supposed to be. I spoke to Blackpool fans who was almost 80 with his wife, fans from Pool, Orient, Liverpool, Newcastle, Coventry, Portsmouth and more. The organisation was incredible, the amount of Pool fans, men and women of all ages pitching in and getting things sorted was great. Most of all it was great to be surrounded by fans as @#/? off as myself, It was crazy to think that there were thousands of fans from around the country which i've never met saying all the same things me... This problem is no coincedence, it's a result of mismanagement and neglect from our governing bodies. There are tough times ahead for our own fan base and if things are going to start hotting up then we have a lot to learn from days like this. 

Venkys Out. Oyston Out. Bechetti Out. Sisu Out. Fawaz Out. Duchatelet Out. Fans United. 

You briefly see us here:

DSC_1054.JPG

DSC_1051.JPG

DSC_1040.JPG

Fair Play Neal, it shows you how the FA have let things slip when you have supporters from so many clubs coming together to protest. English Football has become about money and has lost its meaning. As long as the FA get paid they don't care.

Can we not coordinate and contact other fan groups who have been mistreated by the FA whether it be Blackpool, Leyton Orient, AFC Wimbledon, Leeds, Coventry, Nottingham Forest, us, Bolton, and anyone else that I am missing out. 

Archived