BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Wolves Away: 22nd April / (plus Villa vs Big Club)

Finally home after a pathetic, limp wristed display.

Brought some non-Rovers fans to the game and they couldn't believe the lack of enthusiasm/impetus to try and score. The Wolves fans we spoke to afterwards were equally bemused by our lack of attacking effort or ability.

Mowbray went for 0-0 and it will ultimately be another nail in the coffin. Pathetic display against a team already on the beach. We couldn't even muster a sustained period of pressure, never mind a decent chance.

Very disappointed in Mowbray and the players. Cowardly tactics and performance.

I considered dropping my boycott for next Saturday but no longer - these lot don't want it!

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, pk1875 said:

This isn't just a natural cycle though is it really? The fact that Keans contract accounted for League 1 where we are heading wasnt natural either. This was all so easily avoidable. 

I agree Paul.

It was a wee naughty dig at another poster.  I really should stop it.

Just now, sambo said:

Finally home after a pathetic, limp wristed display.

Brought some non-Rovers fans to the game and they couldn't believe the lack of enthusiasm/impetus to try and score. The Wolves fans we spoke to afterwards were equally bemused by our lack of attacking effort or ability.

Mowbray went for 0-0 and it will ultimately be another nail in the coffin. Pathetic display against a team already on the beach. We couldn't even muster a sustained period of pressure, never mind a decent chance.

Very disappointed in Mowbray and the players. Cowardly tactics and performance.

Ditto the Barnsley and Bristol C games. Mowbray is getting off very lightly for his cowardly performance as manager over the last few weeks.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Ditto the Barnsley and Bristol C games. Mowbray is getting off very lightly for his cowardly performance as manager over the last few weeks.

I agree actually. Today was a complete cop out, we won't even go down swinging based off today!

A disgraceful performance with only 5 shots.

Just seen brief highlights on channel 4. TM, embarrass the first team squad and (risk your job) play u23 team for remaining 2 games.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Well done to those again who went. Not easy in this situation to witness.

I think  collectively we all need to be more present away next year, fill the away grounds and empty ewood.

Totally agree.

25 minutes ago, preston blue said:

Matty, it is natural. It is the cycle of football, ups and downs.  It is the same shirt and badge and you should continue enjoying the 'experience' of watching Rovers and attending some new grounds.

Couldn't have put it better myself PB :D

22 minutes ago, preston blue said:

I agree Paul.

It was a wee naughty dig at another poster.  I really should stop it.

Keep digging PB - it's all good fun.

I honestly don't think some people realise how damaging relegation will be for us!! 

With our debts and lack of guidance I genuinely do fear for our mere existence. Senior and Cheston should be ditched and replaced with people connected to the club!!

Just now, Hi Mack said:

I honestly don't think some people realise how damaging relegation will be for us!! 

With our debts and lack of guidance I genuinely do fear for our mere existence. Senior and Cheston should be ditched and replaced with people connected to the club!!

Like who? 

36 minutes ago, Randy_Synge said:

Very depressing reading the comments from the die-hards on here tonight.

Approaching five years since the Wigan relegation night and nothing has changed. 

Are they really diehards ....or people connected with the running of the club ? 

1 hour ago, preston blue said:

Matty, it is natural. It is the cycle of football, ups and downs.  It is the same shirt and badge and you should continue enjoying the 'experience' of watching Rovers and attending some new grounds.

My sarcasm detector is bleeping like a goodun :lol:

Just now, broadsword said:

Will we still have a club to support in fourteen months ' time? 

Even if somehow or other the club keeps going, it will be as a lower league or even non-league entity

The future is exceptionally bleak

As long as the Rao's aren't still here does it really matter?

2 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

Anyone who cares, I'm not on the pay roll unfortunately so my opinion doesn't really count! You've missed the whole point of the post though! 

No, I think you didn't really think your initial post through. Lots of that kind of talk here, get Cheston out, get Senior out, but who replaces them? Do we just not have a financial director? Whoever is in that job, is going to have to do the exact same thing as cheston is. 

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Well done to those again who went. Not easy in this situation to witness.

I think  collectively we all need to be more present away next year, fill the away grounds and empty ewood.

Will be doing all home games and alot more away games next season whichever league we are in. 

If in league 1 next season they could be away games at Fleetwood, Blackpool, Rochdale  Bury, Oldham. 

If in the championship gamed at Sheff Utd, Bolton or Fleetwood, Boro and Sunderland

44 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

The bookies seem to think we're done for - 8/13 the best odds.

Mercer - you can still get QPR at 50s ;).

Got 9/4 on us staying up..

31 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

Senior isnt the problem. Thats is those in Pune. 

gutting results today,glad i was to drunk to care,but in the cold light of day we still have a chance,slender i know but were there is hope there is a way,brum will lose to villa and then they will gift us the points next sat,mystic meg told me.

Archived