BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Wolves Away: 22nd April / (plus Villa vs Big Club)

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

An adult video was leaked of him. It was a private video so the account was either hacked or the video was deliberately leaked by the other participant. 

All building up to his pay off so he can square his fine and go to Hibs, you watch B)

All these quips about Stokes, reminds me of an old time Classic from the not the nine O Clock news team. The title is Kinda Lingers, as you will see at the beginning of the video and is pure class. To lighten the relegation mood, take a look and enjoy a laugh.

Tough looking fixture against an in-form Wolves over the last 8 matches. Six wins and two losses to Bristol and Brighton and 18 points from the last 24 available. It looked as though they were in trouble at one stage, but they now have 54 points in 16th place and a game in hand on others around them.

Some on here think Lambert is a very poor manager, so presumably they believe this will be a stroll in the park. I disagree and think he is a very competent manager who has got Wolves playing some good stuff and now winning matches. I don't think he will apply any special significance to this fixture, but will want their decent recent record to continue.

Always tough away from home and a draw would be a good result, albeit not really enough in our current circumstances. However, we must not panic, no prizes have been given out as yet and a team holding their nerve longest may well take the prize.

Birmingham may get the lift they need from Redknapp joining, but there is no guarantee of that. Burton look to be edging closer to safety, but Forest and Bristol are still under threat.

I don't think we will win and predict a 2-0 defeat.  

1 hour ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

Tough looking fixture against an in-form Wolves over the last 8 matches. Six wins and two losses to Bristol and Brighton and 18 points from the last 24 available. It looked as though they were in trouble at one stage, but they now have 54 points in 16th place and a game in hand on others around them.

Some on here think Lambert is a very poor manager, so presumably they believe this will be a stroll in the park. I disagree and think he is a very competent manager who has got Wolves playing some good stuff and now winning matches. I don't think he will apply any special significance to this fixture, but will want their decent recent record to continue.

Always tough away from home and a draw would be a good result, albeit not really enough in our current circumstances. However, we must not panic, no prizes have been given out as yet and a team holding their nerve longest may well take the prize.

Birmingham may get the lift they need from Redknapp joining, but there is no guarantee of that. Burton look to be edging closer to safety, but Forest and Bristol are still under threat.

I don't think we will win and predict a 2-0 defeat.  

I liked your post until the last line :D

A win would be huge, but that won't be easy. Wolves are a better side than forest. Hopefully we just want it more. In theory we have so much more to play for than our next 3 opponents. Let's see what the lads are made of.  Lenihan coming back could be exactly what we need. 

Usually I would lean to the side of caution with Lenihan coming back in and whether to risk him but with our recent leaking of first half goals, I would maybe be in favour of taking the risk as we have 3 games to try save ourselves. We unfortunately have to take a few risks if we are going to get anything. 

It is with trepidation that I trek down the M6 to Wolverhampton on Saturday.

What Rovers team will turn up?

Will it be a win and joy after 90 minutes?

Will it be the angst of yet another draw, or will it be the pain of a defeat and almost certain relegation.

Indeed much rides on other results that we have no control over.  As Philip says the only thing TM and the players can do is go for 9 points in 3 games......and pray.

I can live with relegation.  What I cannot deal with is the destruction of my / our Club.

I have no confidence the V's will go, I cannot see a saviour on the horizon any more.  If there is one they will need deep pockets to pay off the debt and another £20M+ per year running costs.

Whatever happens on Saturday on the field we are in the mire off the field and it will get worse.

COYB. Please give me 9 points to help deaden the pain.  If not 3 points then a decent Ardbeg whisky will help.

Charlie believes he's ready for Saturday:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15233837._I_feel_ready_to_go_on_Saturday____Rovers_defender_Charlie_Mulgrew_could_make_surprise_return_at_former_club_Wolves/?ref=mac

Personally I'd start Lenihan as he's a few days ahead and bring Charlie on later in the second half for some composure, and minutes.

• Backroom
Just now, thorpefleet said:

We are talking about a team that beat Newcastle twice here. we can win

I think we all know those wins were extremely fortuitous and far more about Newcastle's failures than our successes. They certainly aren't valid grounds for any real optimism. Yes, in theory any team on their day can get a massive amount of luck and beat a far superior team, but that's been the case for almost every win we've had this season and you can only go to that well for so long before it runs dry. 

10 wins out of 43 matches is our season total, and we've only won 2 matches out of our last 10. Realistically we probably need to now win 2 out of our next 3 to survive. Pessimism is completely warranted in this situation I'm afraid. We can escape but it will require this team to show more heart and desire than it has done the entire season so far, and personally I have very little faith in this group of players pulling through when it matters. 

If both Lenihan and Mulgrew say they are good to go they have to start, it's do or die time. Forest was a good win but against a team in free fall, it wouldn't be giving Bristol C or Barnsley too much credit to say they steam rolled us with ease and both could have won by 3/4 goals. They both must start if ready, they know their bodies.

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Have a safe journey Captain with Mark. Sorry I just couldn't bring myself to go along with you both.

Praying for a miracle but this is BRFC, we don't get them on our side !

That is how I feel watching Rovers these days......poor do Wazza.  Enjoy the shopping with the missus ^_^B)

Clean Sheet is Priority for me here with the chance of sneaking one. Experienced heads required so I'd be inclined to go with the following if Graham is out or he'd lead up top;

RAYA

WARD HOBAN MULGREW

BENNETT                                                CONWAY

LENIHAN LOWE GUTHRIE

JOAO GALLAGHER

To be fair to Lenihan and Mulgrew the fact that they've managed to get themselves fit again in such a short period of time and want to play is what we need character wise. Mulgrew is definitely our leader and will lift the whole side when he comes back in. He's not shy in putting a challenge I reckon they will definitely have a positive influence if they come back in. 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Clean Sheet is Priority for me here with the chance of sneaking one. Experienced heads required so I'd be inclined to go with the following if Graham is out or he'd lead up top;

RAYA

WARD HOBAN MULGREW

BENNETT                                                CONWAY

LENIHAN LOWE GUTHRIE

JOAO GALLAGHER

I don't think Conway would be good left wing back. I would also go for Emnes up front with Joao. We need some flair up front. 

Archived