preston blue

Previous Game: Wolves Away: 22nd April / (plus Villa vs Big Club)

705 posts in this topic

T-shirts ready for next season

Get (real) behind the Double D FFS!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I too struggle to see what the two Davids have brought to the party I simply think it's a nod to a lot of the youth in the team and in preparation for next season with more in it replacing what Senior shifts out to earn his coin. Who'd be surprised to see the 2 Davids the only men in the dugout next season apart from subs etc ?  Not me......

If that is the case and with more cost culling of players we will go though the divisions faster than pliss through a colander :(

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, arbitro said:

Lambert on things nor being right at Rovers. It's what most of us have in o w for some time but it's good to see an ex manager actually say it.

 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15236732._I_thought_it_wasn___t_right_what_was_happening_there____Wolves_boss_Paul_Lambert_on_his_decision_to_leave_Rovers/?ref=mac

Let us win so Paul! 

 

Interesting comments. Not very specific though is he? What did he envisage happening that he didn't envisage 3 months prior? Is it just the lack of communication from the owners? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Let us win so Paul! 

 

Interesting comments. Not very specific though is he? What did he envisage happening that he didn't envisage 3 months prior? Is it just the lack of communication from the owners? 

It could well be that Lambert was painter a far rosier picture that the reality of it. Once in there he realised just how bad things were. I fear that Mowbray, may just be feeling the same way with now and may throw the towel in too, irrespective of the outcome of the relegation battle. It is plain to see the lies coming out of the club and I genuinely feel Mowbray has integrity.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, arbitro said:

Lambert on things nor being right at Rovers. It's what most of us have in o w for some time but it's good to see an ex manager actually say it.

 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15236732._I_thought_it_wasn___t_right_what_was_happening_there____Wolves_boss_Paul_Lambert_on_his_decision_to_leave_Rovers/?ref=mac

Great stuff so how many of this board are just wrong now? Beetle and whoever can carry on. There is a reason they only post on LET 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Let us win so Paul! 

 

Interesting comments. Not very specific though is he? What did he envisage happening that he didn't envisage 3 months prior? Is it just the lack of communication from the owners? 

Broken promises. Venkys reign has been littered with these from day one. Remember 'we will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy'. That is in my opinion their biggest let down and why every Rovers fan should despise them.

 

10 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“I was involved in it and could probably see the problems that were starting. That’s why I decided to leave because I thought it wasn’t right, what was happening there."

This bit is interesting. My guess is that the owners are leaving the club to die now eventually ending in administration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair do's though to the LT for running with that story. Mind you it tells little and I would like to know what Lambert really knows.

I too am sure that it is about where the incoming transfer fees have gone and that there is going to be little if any investment back into the Club.

Rape and pillage followed by a slow and painful death.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Venky's put very little if any of their own money into the club. As has been pointed out already the money they paid for the club, along with the debt at the time are still on the balance sheet, in the publically available accounts. Now that their credit line has dried up, the can't put any more in, as they simply can't borrow it to do so and won't out their own funds in. Transfer fees for Duffy and Hanley, along with the sell on clauses, have funded the running of the club this year. The club now borrowing from the FA and other none high street lenders, at double digit interest rates, tell it's own story. The next big announcement from Ewood, will be the players haven't been paid. Relegation or not, we are on the precipice.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lraC said:

Venky's put very little if any of their own money into the club. As has been pointed out already the money they paid for the club, along with the debt at the time are still on the balance sheet, in the publically available accounts. Now that their credit line has dried up, the can't put any more in, as they simply can't borrow it to do so and won't out their own funds in. Transfer fees for Duffy and Hanley, along with the sell on clauses, have funded the running of the club this year. The club now borrowing from the FA and other none high street lenders, at double digit interest rates, tell it's own story. The next big announcement from Ewood, will be the players haven't been paid. Relegation or not, we are on the precipice.

All true, however following the anticipated wage cuts , we will still have a wage budget around mid table. So we should not be getting relegated. 

Not very inspiring and a sad time for the club, but thats the best we can hope for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

All true, however following the anticipated wage cuts , we will still have a wage budget around mid table. So we should not be getting relegated. 

Not very inspiring and a sad time for the club, but thats the best we can hope for. 

Without wanting to sound too pessimistic, where will the money come from to have a wage budget around mid table? We are paying around £1.9 million in interest payments, the season ticket money for next year is already spent and we have no players of any value to sell. If we stay up, we will have very little money to pay wages and if we go down, we are under lower league restrictions anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lraC said:

Without wanting to sound too pessimistic, where will the money come from to have a wage budget around mid table? We are paying around £1.9 million in interest payments, the season ticket money for next year is already spent and we have no players of any value to sell. If we stay up, we will have very little money to pay wages and if we go down, we are under lower league restrictions anyway.

Isn't the current wage budget 15% over turnover? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Isn't the current wage budget 15% over turnover? 

Not too sure what you mean there to be honest. Do you mean the rule for league one, or our current wage bill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lraC said:

Not too sure what you mean there to be honest. Do you mean the rule for league one, or our current wage bill?

 

1 minute ago, lraC said:

This link might help clarify the position for the wage cap in league one.

 

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

I mean our wage budget is currently 15% above our turnover. Currently we have the 9th largest wage budget in the Championship. Taking 15% from that would put us around mid table in terms of amount of money spent on wages.

 

Interesting stuff on the implications of relegation there. Wages at 60% of turnover. I really don't want to see how we would work that out. Decimated.  

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

 

I mean our wage budget is currently 15% above our turnover. Currently we have the 9th largest wage budget in the Championship. Taking 15% from that would put us around mid table in terms of amount of money spent on wages. 

Okay, I see what you mean and did miss understand you initially. What you have to remember, is that we have subsidised the wages this year, with funds from incoming transfers. As you will know if you have read the minutes from the recent meeting, the club are taking out loans at interest rates of between 14 and 18%. This obviously suggests serious cash flow issues exist. The season ticket money for 2017/18 has already been Mortgaged, so no Income from there. We have also been told by Mike Cheston, that we cannot rely on the owners, funding the club. Once the players on loan leave at the end of the season and the likes of Lowe move on, due to being out of contract, I see a problem. We will not have the income to fund wages, at the level you are suggesting and we have no one of value left to sell. That leaves us in a very vulnerable position, so just getting though the season, will be a challenge, never mind achieving a mid table finish. No way in this world can we bring new players in on wages at the level you are suggesting, so it will be academy players, or new loans with the hosts club subsidising the wages, if we are lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lraC said:

Okay, I see what you mean and did miss understand you initially. What you have to remember, is that we have subsidised the wages this year, with funds from incoming transfers. As you will know if you have read the minutes from the recent meeting, the club are taking out loans at interest rates of between 14 and 18%. This obviously suggests serious cash flow issues exist. The season ticket money for 2017/18 has already been Mortgaged, so no Income from there. We have also been told by Mike Cheston, that we cannot rely on the owners, funding the club. Once the players on loan leave at the end of the season and the likes of Lowe move on, due to being out of contract, I see a problem. We will not have the income to fund wages, at the level you are suggesting and we have no one of value left to sell. That leaves us in a very vulnerable position, so just getting though the season, will be a challenge, never mind achieving a mid table finish. No way in this world can we bring new players in on wages at the level you are suggesting, so it will be academy players, or new loans with the hosts club subsidising the wages, if we are lucky.

The high interest loans are very concerning. The most concerning thing of all is Venkys attitude of letting all this happen from their ivory tower in Pune. How the FA allow this to happen is a downright travesty. 

On your points above, all very well laid out. We just have to hope that some of the academy players come good and Mowbray gets them integrated into the team quickly. All in the championship. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lraC said:

Venky's put very little if any of their own money into the club. As has been pointed out already the money they paid for the club, along with the debt at the time are still on the balance sheet, in the publically available accounts. Now that their credit line has dried up, the can't put any more in, as they simply can't borrow it to do so and won't out their own funds in. Transfer fees for Duffy and Hanley, along with the sell on clauses, have funded the running of the club this year. The club now borrowing from the FA and other none high street lenders, at double digit interest rates, tell it's own story. The next big announcement from Ewood, will be the players haven't been paid. Relegation or not, we are on the precipice.

Can't believe some still don't grasp this when all the info is out there. Just proves they are conjobs and i'll believe until my dying day that they or at least one of them has had cold hard cash regularly out of the club whilst their banks and head corporation carry the debt.

It's been a right money go round with % going off in all directions probably.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tomphil said:

Can't believe some still don't grasp this when all the info is out there. Just proves they are conjobs and i'll believe until my dying day that they or at least one of them has had cold hard cash regularly out of the club whilst their banks and head corporation carry the debt.

It's been a right money go round with % going off in all directions probably.

I used to get wound up with this type of thing, but now believe that some people just want to know about the on pitch action, rather than what is going on, behind closed doors. Your point about someone taking cold hard cash out of the club, is perfectly valid and you need only look at the takeover of Watford by Lawrence Basini, to see what he admitted to receiving from an agent, on that takeover. Why an agent would offer a sweetener of this amount to a purchaser of a club, is open for debate, but I have my own views on it.

Edited by lraC
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done to Lambert for saying it as it is.

He's been criticised on here for his behaviour and yet I commend him. He took decisive action when he saw things were going sour and has spoken out about it as much as is possible whenever he has been asked. He didn't hang on for dear life like some of his fellow managers just to boost his bank balance. He saw he'd been lied to, like we all have, repeatedly, and wanted no more to do with it.

Its a shame really because if this club was just set up properly I expect Lambert could have done a good job here even on a limited budget. I don't believe the nonsense that he demanded a £20 million warchest and stormed out when he didn't get it. He expected backing yes, like all decent managers do, but also important was the shambolic operation here. Fortunately for him he seems to have stumbled across both at Wolves and I expect he'll show what he can do moving forward.

Meanwhile the likes of Cheston, Coar and Senior sit behind a table at Ewood Park and rattle off their theories and claims that all is well with the world down at Ewood Park.

Amazingly I'd prefer to believe Lambert's take on events which is clearly that this club is rotten on the inside due to the behaviour from these owners and that the fans and regular staff deserve much better. Meanwhile in fantasy land Senior is preparing for a summer 'restructure' and Cheston is happy because wages have been reduced.

 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Well done to Lambert for saying it as it is.

He's been criticised on here for his behaviour and yet I commend him. He took decisive action when he saw things were going sour and has spoken out about it as much as is possible whenever he has been asked. He didn't hang on for dear life like some of his fellow managers just to boost his bank balance. He saw he'd been lied to, like we all have, repeatedly, and wanted no more to do with it.

Its a shame really because if this club was just set up properly I expect Lambert could have done a good job here even on a limited budget. I don't believe the nonsense that he demanded a £20 million warchest and stormed out when he didn't get it. He expected backing yes, like all decent managers do, but also important was the shambolic operation here. Fortunately for him he seems to have stumbled across both at Wolves and I expect he'll show what he can do moving forward.

Meanwhile the likes of Cheston, Coar and Senior sit behind a table at Ewood Park and rattle off their theories and claims that all is well with the world down at Ewood Park.

Amazingly I'd prefer to believe Lambert's take on events which is clearly that this club is rotten on the inside due to the behaviour from these owners and that the fans and regular staff deserve much better. Meanwhile in fantasy land Senior is preparing for a summer 'restructure' and Cheston is happy because wages have been reduced.

Agreed. I'd wager it was selling Rhodes and not getting any money to reinvest was the tipping point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just chucking some red wine down my neck in preparation for tomorrow.

It numbs the pain. :wacko:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Agreed. I'd wager it was selling Rhodes and not getting any money to reinvest was the tipping point.

I guess it was having lunch with Cheston.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now