BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Wolves Away: 22nd April / (plus Villa vs Big Club)

Just now, preston blue said:

Just chucking some red wine down my neck in preparation for tomorrow.

It numbs the pain. :wacko:

I am trying to think of things to do tomorrow while the game is on to distract myself from constantly checking the score. Too early to chug a bottle of red? 

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I am trying to think of things to do tomorrow while the game is on to distract myself from constantly checking the score. Too early to chug a bottle of red? 

A Rovers fan in front of me at Wolves a couple of seasons ago was snorting coke during the game - in front of stewards.  He appeared to be on a different planet.   Maybe J Lowe should try some tomorrow*.

* this is not a recommendation nor endorsement for cocaine, nor Jason Lowe.

• Backroom

So which one of them is hero material?

Conor seems to have that potential but was the worst player on the pitch bar none on Monday.

If anyone drags us out of it I see it being a Bennett stunner 

Extremely timely boost having Mulgrew return. He has been our captain this season in all but name.

The only leader we have on the pitch and going in to these last 3 games simply having the guy on the field will do us the world of good. 

Part of me is actually gutted I'm not there tomorrow which is madness really considering what we've put up with for the last however many years. Massive respect to those going and hopefully you'll be coming home with a massive three  points. 

There's no point harking back to what happened with Lambert last season, he was just another stooge recruited to push the impossible line that we might be able to do something. The club is a joke and deserves what comes to it and anyone who got out without ruining their reputation deserves respect. 

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

Agreed. I'd wager it was selling Rhodes and not getting any money to reinvest was the tipping point.

I think lambert was told by venkys or cheston when he came in that any money you raise you can spend for example Rhodes. When March came around he was told no transfer budget.  At this time he would be identifying  transfér targets. He announced after Preston that he was resigning. But who knows what happens behind closed doors 

I am somewhat suprised with the praise being given to Lambert and his revision of history.

Lambert knew fully the situation at Rovers when he joined in November 2015, hence the escape clause in his contract.

He stayed until Rhodes was sold and finally pushed out of the Brockhall gates by Lambert.

He only stayed until season end as he had notice to serve or lose cash. He even used this to make himself look good.

From reading Lambert you might think that things only turned bad after he arrived at Ewood but that is @#/?.

Actually he says nothing that he has not said already.

He has just chosen his moment to kick us again before an important game for Rovers.

Lambert a good guy? You must be fing joking.

I hope Rovers kick his Wolves up the arse.

COYB

Hip hip hooray, 

off to Wolves today

I hope that Lowe makes good passes,

and silences the masses.

What is the chance of that?

if he does I will eat my hat.

I must not forget my specs,

as Rovers are in it up to their necks

If Rovers get all three,

i will be in ecstasy 

In truth I expect us to bomb,

and trapdoor into Division 1.

(c) copyright of Balaji Blingo 

On Lambert, When he joined us I think knew he couldnt trust Venkys and whether they would deliver what they promised him. He put that clause in to protect himself. He wasnt happy about no proper CEO at the club. Plus I think he decided to go after Alan Myers went. 

I believe the dossier on his future plans for the club were detail and expensive but what was needed for promotion. But I think you have 2 parties(Lambert and Venkys) who were never trusted of each other. Lambert was happy to go cos he wasnt getting financially backing and Venkys happy to not paid another manager compo, didnt really want to back someone they didnt fully trust. 

Looks like it'll be shirt sleeve weather this afternoon, 'bout time.

Not worried at all today. I had my relegation depression after the Barnsley defeat. More worried about the trek back to the coaches, it gets harder every year.

Wolves to win, Rovers lack the fight.

41 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I am somewhat suprised with the praise being given to Lambert and his revision of history.

Lambert knew fully the situation at Rovers when he joined in November 2015, hence the escape clause in his contract.

He stayed until Rhodes was sold and finally pushed out of the Brockhall gates by Lambert.

He only stayed until season end as he had notice to serve or lose cash. He even used this to make himself look good.

From reading Lambert you might think that things only turned bad after he arrived at Ewood but that is @#/?.

Actually he says nothing that he has not said already.

He has just chosen his moment to kick us again before an important game for Rovers.

Lambert a good guy? You must be fing joking.

I hope Rovers kick his Wolves up the arse.

COYB

Did he know the situation though? 

He knew the club had been through the mill under these owners yet still took the job on. He probably inserted the escape clause as a back-up plan in the event things did turn sour, but it certainly appears things were offered to him prior to getting the job that didn't materialise, or at least he wanted things doing differently in terms of the structure and when this didn't happen and all he got was silence from India rather than action he knew it was going to end in disaster

As others have said, he clearly expected some or all of the Rhodes cash reinvested into his summer rebuild, and then when it became clear that wouldn't happen he told them he was off because he'd been lied to and misled, like so many others.

Of course its all meaningless now because he's managing elsewhere and we're worse off. But I won't deny it will hurt when we're in the 3rd division and he's leading Wolves on a promotion push to the Premier League.

Lambert was given very specific promises by Balaji which he proved unable to fulfil.

Feeling very very nervous

A defeat and we need two wins and a miracle to stay up

A draw and it still won't be in our own hands

A win and we might still be 22nd.

10 hours ago, Butty said:

Extremely timely boost having Mulgrew return. He has been our captain this season in all but name.

The only leader we have on the pitch and going in to these last 3 games simply having the guy on the field will do us the world of good. 

Part of me is actually gutted I'm not there tomorrow which is madness really considering what we've put up with for the last however many years. Massive respect to those going and hopefully you'll be coming home with a massive three  points. 

The returning wounded will boost the moral and competence level. Here's hoping they manage to see the game out. It's a huge risk, but understandable. 

Nervous. Beyond nervous.

Just now, philipl said:

Lambert was given very specific promises by Balaji which he proved unable to fulfil.

Feeling very very nervous

A defeat and we need two wins and a miracle to stay up

A draw and it still won't be in our own hands

A win and we might still be 22nd.

If we win we're at least out of the bottom 3 for 21 hours.

Nerves, what nerves? I am pleased we are battling on and still have a chance. Two or three more weeks of Coyle and we would be down already.

Wolves have won 6 out of the last 8. But lost two of the last three. They are not Barcelona, just well drilled and organised with growing belief and determination.

We have done ok in supposed bigger games this year and need to do so again.

Hope we win for our travelling fans.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Come on Rovers!!!

Just about to set off down the M6. 

Players need to be on it from 1 minute. 

Tony Mowbray's Blue and White Army!!! :brfc:

You will be nice and early Chaddy, the coaches don't leave until 11:30.  Are you travelling from Carlisle or Scotland?

11 minutes ago, preston blue said:

You will be nice and early Chaddy, the coaches don't leave until 11:30.  Are you travelling from Carlisle or Scotland?

No. Im staying over there. Park car up on the hotel car park and have a few pints before game. 

Plus I rather not get stuck in traffic on the M6. Ive been stuck for hours on the M6 previously and I dont take any risk. 

Archived