BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Bristol City Easter Monday

Paul

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to a wonderful supporter we have.. the exact transcript on giving away free tickets is below:

Fan: The question’s for Mike or Paul. Sorry, I’m XXXX. I’m not from around this area but I am a massive supporter of the club. I actually come from the Fleetwood/Blackpool area. Now I live between the two. Both clubs do a lot for the community, they do a lot of free tickets being given out. I’m quite surprised because I work in a school myself to look at all the empty stands. I’m quite surprised that you’ve not targeted the children as a new income and a way of getting the support base up. You’ve got so many schools in the catchment area – the catchment area’s massive. So I’m quite surprised that you don’t go around the schools giving free tickets out because they are your future.

Mike Cheston: We do engage with the schools. We do provide free tickets to the community for every match. Our Community Trust is extremely engaged with the local community and you saw the number of participants, etc, etc. And we’re very proud of what the community does and we do support, obviously we recognise that to get into some schools and the local community is one of the ways forward in terms of bringing future fans towards the club.

Paul Senior: We have one of the most successful community trust programs nationally and we have to be very measured about the amount complimentary tickets we can give out. On average it’s a certain allocation because we have paying customers: people who pay, so there is something  about the product holding its value because if we do give out an inordinate amount of complimentary tickets, what does that say about the folk who have actually paid? So it is, I get what we’re saying about future fans and future opportunities and things of that nature but we are targeted, the Community Trust in our work with schools, so there are opportunities out there. But at the same time these tickets, people pay for them and they have to hold their value.

23 hours ago, USABlue said:

Same boat here jim.  No ide where ht notion came from but a handful seem to be hanging their hats on it.

How long since Bristol won away, do they have a player that has not scored for donkey's years?  We Rovers fans know we cure whatever is ailing the opposition.  We also know how good we are at bringing us back down with a bump.  If Mowbray can exorcise these demons and give us a win Monday then his stock rises,  we NEED this one.

There's no guarantee Venky's will walk away at any point - even if we sink into the fourth division or, god forbid, non-league.

Why should they - we're not costing them much anymore.

The Bristol game is set up for a massive disappointment unfortunately - we've done it so many times in the past. A lot at stake, bigger crowd than normal, high expectations after a good result, and then thud back down to earth.

Hope I'm wrong though.

3-0. Nothing to see here. The clubs in this position purely down to lady luck rather than the nasty poisonous lies about scum owners and incompetent malcontents.

2017/18 Championship to Premiership promotion charge starts here. Pip Pip!!

• Backroom
On 15/04/2017 at 9:44 PM, Tom said:

Starting to feel nervous about this one, wasn't nervous at all before Friday as I was convinced it was over. That bit of hope is a killer.

Akpan og?

13 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

The Bristol game is set up for a massive disappointment unfortunately - we've done it so many times in the past. A lot at stake, bigger crowd than normal, high expectations after a good result, and then thud back down to earth.

Hope I'm wrong though.

I agree this is how we see it as it does seem to occur every time. It's not always true and there must be other examples:

Newcastle VE day 

Sheffield Wednesday league cup

Ipswich FMC

2 hours ago, Paul said:

I agree this is how we see it as it does seem to occur every time. It's not always true and there must be other examples:

Newcastle VE day 

Sheffield Wednesday league cup

Ipswich FMC

Willington FA Cup

Matlock FA Cup

etc etc

-_-

2 minutes ago, preston blue said:

I feel positive this morning.

I just hope the players did not tire themselves out yesterday and eat too many cream eggs.  We can't have Lowey being sick on the pitch.....can we :blink:

Hows the feeling in the water today?

• Backroom

Hope for once we turn up when the pressure is really on, another Barnsley would be catastrophic.

A win has us within 2 points of 3 teams at worst. A loss could see us back to 5 points adrift. Whopper of a game!

I apologise in advance for taking this slightly off topic but didn't no where to post and need a quick answer. I really want to go to today's game but have my three yr old. Can they freely roam around the family stand or do they have to sit still the whole game.

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I apologise in advance for taking this slightly off topic but didn't no where to post and need a quick answer. I really want to go to today's game but have my three yr old. Can they freely roam around the family stand or do they have to sit still the whole game.

Family stand is a free for all. There's kids everywhere. As long as you don't try and force yours to watch the @#/? on the pitch I'm sure they will have a whale of a time. 

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Send a PM to Tom.  He should be able to advise.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

And nobody is picking the phone up in the ticket office. .......is it open does anyone know? ,??

At 10:15 this morning there were 3 windows open for sales.  A queue of 3 in from of me then 6 behind me.

I expect they are busier than expected.

Archived