BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Bristol City Easter Monday

Paul

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Who was booed pre match?

Considerig this past 6 years, everyone (owners, managers and players) have got off very lightly.

No-one near me, Matty.

EDIT: just re-read. Apparently Lowe.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I still can't get over the fact it took us 70 minutes to start playing yesterday.

It's pretty daft for people to be singling Lowe out, he was poor but certainly no worse than many others out there. Raya should have been MOM though, Jason Lowe must need a new watch.... A lot of the players don't seem to know where they should be playing in this complicated system of Mowbray's.

Just now, Steve1 said:

Singled out because he's meant to be captain 

And because he's been the common denominator (on the pitch) in the last 6 years of decline. Back in 11/12, he was the worst player in the squad, and he still is today. 165 appearances and I can count the times he's had a good game on one hand.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought Lowe had a good second half. He isnt a captain but booing him is a disgrace. 

Didn't you say you were shouting a lot of expletives yesterday? How is that different?

9 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Pathetic cheap shots at Lowe on here. 

Rovers fans love to have a player to hate and the singling out of Lowe is the latest example. The lad's a decent player at this level and has been in good form this season after a long injury layoff - he doesn't deserve this ridiculous constant criticism

Sorry Jim I totally have to disagree with your comment.

Lowe is NOT a decent player. He is not a captain or leader in any sense of the word. Just because he can run up and down the pitch doesn't make him good, passing sideways or backwards doesn't make him a good player. Driving players on, giving the team impetus, dragging the best out of the worst, leading from the front are all abilities that a captain has to have. LOWE HAS NONE of those attributes.

He has constantly given the ball away, caused mayhem in our own defence and is as culpable as the idiot Coyle for losing points.

In my 47yrs on Ewood he is the worst captain I have ever seen and is in the top 3 worst players ever to wear our famous club colours.

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

Are you certain ?

He certainly won't be hanging around if we go down - he has Prem clubs after him, didn't you know? While given our constant wage cuts I can't see us meeting his demands even in the event that we stay up. His under 21 cap haul alone will probably see him move onto some mediocre Championship club.

In one of the match highlight videos on youtube taken from BBE rhs it starts with the player intros on the big screen.

It does sound to me that Lowe gets quite a number booing him.

Not good at that stage!!!!!!!

I have no problem with audible criticism during a match or booing the group at half of full time if playing badly.

Booing individual Rover players is what I do not like...unless named Orr or Murphy.

Edit: it was a penalty 100%

Lowe got booed when his name was read out by the little lad on the singing stage behind the blackburn end at 2.15....there were only about 30 listening and he still got booed. And then to get another watch at the end for basically nothing  he must be embarrassed himself 

One really disapponting aspect of yesterdays game was the number of times players took awful first touches and ended up trying to retrieve the ball and on occasion put us in trouble. I can't think of one player who didn't miscontrol the ball at some stage. This is such a basic, elementary skill that should be almost second nature to a professional footballer.

Another disappointing aspect was how fatigued some players looked not just towards the end of the game but during it. The number of times I saw players walking with their hands on their hips was so frustrating and a sad indictment on them and the club they represent.

Tony Mowbray made a pertient point about peoples livelihoods being pretty much in the hands of the players. I wouldn't like my livelihood to depend on some of them players who I felt were hiding yesterday.

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Worst midfield Ive ever seen at ewood.  I can imagine Lowe is so submerged in the ckub. Nice guy captain, always in training first, out last. Proper professional.  Do you know what? As Dean Saunders(coach down ewood under GS) once said, "theyre the ones that get you sacked". Mr Nice Guy hard to drop.....especially as there is no glaring replacement. Going down with Captain Sensible

That's a great description and how many gaffers have put faith in him now yet they never prospered ?

Not that i'm saying the past few years is his fault it certainly isn't but putting blind faith ( or being told ) to pick the likes of him first and make him captain will never improve the situation it's been tried to death.

Just now, arbitro said:

One really disapponting aspect of yesterdays game was the number of times players took awful first touches and ended up trying to retrieve the ball and on occasion put us in trouble. I can't think of one player who didn't miscontrol the ball at some stage. This is such a basic, elementary skill that should be almost second nature to a professional footballer.

Another disappointing aspect was how fatigued some players looked not just towards the end of the game but during it. The number of times I saw players walking with their hands on their hips was so frustrating and a sad indictment on them and the club they represent.

Tony Mowbray made a pertient point about peoples livelihoods being pretty much in the hands of the players. I wouldn't like my livelihood to depend on some of them players who I felt were hiding yesterday.

I remember when we were in the old third division back in the 1970s the players spent half their time trying to win back balls they had miscontrolled or given away. We had a midfield player called Graham Oates who was well liked by fans because he was a "battler" but couldn't trap a bag of cement. Lowe was like Gerson compared to him. I guess that's what we'll have to get used to seeing as we're almost certainly heading back to the third tier again.

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Before the game you've got a point. During or afterwards people have a right to express their displeasure.

You are complaining about a very small minority of the 15k that were on yesterday.

It doesn't matter how big or how small the section of booing numptys we had, it in no way lends itself to championship survival booing players at anytime of the proceedings, but I was mainly referring to before kick off.

I can't ever recall booing my own player, ever, and that includes the **** Orr.

Anyway it had the desired effect with us only managing a draw at home to Bristol City, well done to all involved.

29 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I remember when we were in the old third division back in the 1970s the players spent half their time trying to win back balls they had miscontrolled or given away. We had a midfield player called Graham Oates who was well liked by fans because he was a "battler" but couldn't trap a bag of cement. Lowe was like Gerson compared to him. I guess that's what we'll have to get used to seeing as we're almost certainly heading back to the third tier again.

Oates was a great signing, a cornerstone in our promotion from the old third division, and did more for Rovers than Lowe ever has or will.

Are you Lowe's grandad by any chance ?

• Backroom
Just now, Gav said:

It doesn't matter how big or how small the section of booing numptys we had, it in no way lends itself to championship survival booing players at anytime of the proceedings, but I was mainly referring to before kick off.

I can't ever recall booing my own player, ever, and that includes the **** Orr.

Anyway it had the desired effect with us only managing a draw at home to Bristol City, well done to all involved.

I've only ever booed post-match. Even at HT I feel silence is better than booing but I came very close yesterday.

Just now, Mercer said:

Oates was a great signing, a cornerstone in our promotion from the old third division, and did more for Rovers than Lowe ever has or will.

Are you Lowe's grandad by any chance ?

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Looking forward to you fulfilling your pledge to leave this board after we're relegated !

5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I've only ever booed post-match. Even at HT I feel silence is better than booing but I came very close yesterday.

I've booed the team at H/T and F/T - nothing wrong with that in my book Mike.

Just now, Gav said:

I've booed the team at H/T and F/T - nothing wrong with that in my book Mike.

So if you boo at half time and the team loses at full time its your fault? just going off your reasoning in your previous post that the Bristol result was because a player got booed before kick off

Judging by the number of defeats and draws this season when a player was not booed before kick off think your theory is flawed.

Archived