BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brfcc.. A new start?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abbey and a few other former regular posters have formed their own forum at http://RoversFans.com . I think it's a great thing for the community as a whole as both sites have very different vibe, offer a different experience and there is room out there for both of us and will hopefully bring back lots more people, who like me, felt they were previously stuck in the middle of two warring factions where brfcs was the battleground. It's certainly a lot friendlier, civil and positive around here now not necessarily because of the people who have left, but because the war is over (hopefully I explained that better than Facebook, where somebody got very upset by it)

A few people see it as an us vs them battle, but personally I encourage people to use both sites.

And don't, I repeat don't, let this thread turn into an us v them bitching thread

• Backroom

I like both sites, I agree it's probably better for discussion on both sites, it wasn't one way but there was a lot of tiresome back and forths and factions developing.

I rarely venture outside the football threads though which is where a lot of the back and forths take place.

Good luck to Abbey, drog and co and to this place.

Not sure i ever understood why it went from BRFCS to BRFCC and now back to BRFCS?  

Glad we are now finding things more balanced.  Felt it had got to the stage off us vs. them on Venkys out.  I think we all want things to improve and if we get behind TM then we stand a chance of staying up.

Am I the only one who knew nothing about this but now finds it makes sense as to why the more tiresome element had got louder on here all of a sudden?

You'd think the squad wasn't nailed on for relegation, the worst in the clubs history with a defeatist manager and owners who should be thrown into Vesuvius

:lol:

24 minutes ago, Tom said:

Traffic seems quite high to be fair 

Traffic is actually up considerably, number of posts were down but are now back close to where they were (it's actually up in the football section), however the distribution has changed a bit.

6 hours ago, Tom said:

I rarely venture outside the football threads though which is where a lot of the back and forths take place.

and

6 hours ago, 47er said:

I'm with you on that Tom. I hardly ever venture outside the football threads andI have not posted a word on Brexit. Given what's gone on I think I made the right decision.

I urge you to give it another look. ICBINF is where the most noticeable difference in atmosphere is, even the Brexit threat has now found a new level of polite debate rarely seen in that section.

It is in need of some new blood though. Far to many posters (understandably) give it a wide berth because of how it used to be and it's just not like that any more.

• Backroom
Just now, Glenn said:

Traffic is actually up considerably, number of posts were down but are now back close to where they were (it's actually up in the football section), however the distribution has changed a bit.

and

I urge you to give it another look. ICBINF is where the most noticeable difference in atmosphere is, even the Brexit threat has now found a new level of polite debate rarely seen in that section.

It is in need of some new blood though. Far to many posters (understandably) give it a wide berth because of how it used to be and it's just not like that any more.

I'd like to see someone post in a pro-Leave manner as vehemently as the pro-remain stance before making that assertion tbf.

But as you say, it's much more civil on the face of it.

• Backroom

The problem is Glenn, secretly (or not so secretly) I'm a bit thick so discussing politics isn't the wisest thing.

Difference between me and some people you get into arguments with in the pub if you're not careful is I'm smart enough to realise when I'm too thick to get into a debate! You can tell when an opinion is based on actual thought rather than a recycled soundbite.

One way it helped modding was that I was rarely swung by a political viewpoint - as I'm as fence sitty as fence sitters come! 

• Backroom
Just now, Tom said:

The problem is Glenn, secretly (or not so secretly) I'm a bit thick so discussing politics isn't the wisest thing.

Difference between me and some people you get into arguments with in the pub if you're not careful is I'm smart enough to realise when I'm too thick to get into a debate! You can tell when an opinion is based on actual thought rather than a recycled soundbite.

One way it helped modding was that I was rarely swung by a political viewpoint - as I'm as fence sitty as fence sitters come! 

You must have a sore arse!

Just now, Tom said:

Nothing wrong with that at all. But thankfully all the politics seems currently limited to one thread and even there, there is a level of civility that is unpresidented (see what I did there ;) ) but I'm with Mike. whilst there are still a few pro-Brexit posters in there, I'd love to see a more even debate happen to see whether folks can still avoid it getting personal.

I demand BRFCS and RoversFans work together to create some sort of 'no mans land' section - where if you click a Brexit, Trump or Gun Control thread on either forum you are taken to a seperate land where everyone can continue making arses out of themselves. 

Tom, nothing divides people like politics. Brexit has even seen splits in families where one partner won't speak to the other or "children" won't speak to their Mums and Dads.

I honestly have always seen this as a Rovers site. That's why I'm here. If we allowed nothing but Rovers talk on the MB it wouldn't upset me.

But if all/most of the leavers have er left then it's not surprising the debate is less hostile.

That new site has theno and yoda as moderator/administrators - how can anyone take it seriously ? The Brexit thread is particularly pathetic - all the old Brexiteers who couldn't hack opinions other than their own on here all agreeing amongst themselves with not one dissenting voice.

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

That new site has theno and yoda as moderator/administrators - how can anyone take it seriously ? The Brexit thread is particularly pathetic - all the old Brexiteers who couldn't hack opinions other than their own on here all agreeing amongst themselves with not one dissenting voice.

Great to see that you are a reader of it, Jim. Broadening your horizons is good for you. :tu:

All publicity is good publicity and al that (sic). Nothing like a bit of free advertising too. Nice that you are doing your bit for inter-site relations. You'll be organising a 5-a-side game next!

Archived