BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brfcc.. A new start?

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I'm tired of reading about people being hounded off this site. One person was banned, the others chose to leave. What I find interesting is the subjects those people felt it so important to discuss on here barely warrant a mention elsewhere. I've drawn my own conclusions on this, I'll leave others to do the same. 

I wouldn't expect anything else from you Paul

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/04/2017 at 2:59 PM, Phil T said:

I don't miss LeChuck at all :o

Glad you're still using that Avatar! 

I noticed Al liked your post, although I'm sure he was doing so in a different context. Let's just say I'm not surprised he's on the other board now. :)

On 16/04/2017 at 4:19 PM, Phil T said:

The "Like" button, to a lesser extent, also has a similar effect.

As a nerd, I've sometimes wondered if there's a way to detect a popular post, for example the amount of times it's been read, the length of time people are sat reading that post, the number of reactions and replies it's received... It'd be a great way to read the message board if those popular posts were somehow featured.

I also prefer the like button being anonymous, but it possibly deterred people using it.

2 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

I wouldn't expect anything else from you Paul

I like to be consistent and entirely accurate so thank you for the compliment.

On 4/16/2017 at 11:19 AM, Phil T said:

The "Like" button, to a lesser extent, also has a similar effect.

As a nerd, I've sometimes wondered if there's a way to detect a popular post, for example the amount of times it's been read, the length of time people are sat reading that post, the number of reactions and replies it's received... It'd be a great way to read the message board if those popular posts were somehow featured.

On my mobile now but I noticed last night on my desktop a link at the top of the brfcs homepage that linked to popular topics and posts. Will link to it later after I get home. 

EDIT: Found it, it's called leader board and if you sort by today you can see all the hot topics for....well, today. https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/leaderboard/&time=today

7 hours ago, Paul said:

What I find interesting is the subjects those people felt it so important to discuss on here barely warrant a mention elsewhere. I've drawn my own conclusions on this, I'll leave others to do the same. 

I find this somewhat bizarre as well. Very dry on the Brexit front, and just very dry in general. Either way, certainly enjoying reading this place a lot more now, and feel the urge to contribute less, as I did for many years prior to some of the things that appeared in the political threads over the last year or so. Win win all around then! Here's hoping the football can upturn over the next year or two and the high atmosphere of old can start to return on a regular basis.

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, john.leigh said:

Happy to help where I can @Glenn but I honestly don't know what help I can be. 

PM me if you want to discuss further. 

I feel so distant, uninformed & powerless here at the other side of the world.

Great to see you back John, one of many many former regulars it's great to welcome back.

Is BRANZ still active? I guess if you feel isolated, it isn't? 

Hi Glenn,

BRSANZ still active - but given how spread out we are it's proving very difficult to arrange any actual meetings. Lack of TV games also affects this.

We're operating through Facebook & Twitter & our Web page brsanz.com so we all 'virtually' get together. I do miss the social stuff though...

My feeling of isolation is that we're reliant on second hand knowledge to have an informed view of what's going on at the club. When I was in the UK I'd go to youth/reserve first team home and away games and felt that my opinion counted because I had a fair idea what was going on. That don't happen these days and with us being so remote good reliable news is hard to source. 

For that reason I'm glad to see the message board is 'back' - I'd stayed away as it degenerated into a free for all in recent years.

By the way - as I no longer carry put an admin role can I please stop receiving the admin back up emails?

Cheers - John 

This site has been a pleasure to read and contribute to since the formation of roversfans.net.

I was worried traffic and contributions would be hit, but the site seems more popular than ever, with genuine debate and an overriding feel good factor, even in spite of all the turmoil both on and off the pitch.

Long may it continue. My only worry is old users returning to stir things up under pseudonyms after the dying duck finally kicks the bucket.

Well done one and all.

Just now, Batman. said:

This site has been a pleasure to read and contribute to since the formation of roversfans.net.

I was worried traffic and contributions would be hit, but the site seems more popular than ever, with genuine debate and an overriding feel good factor, even in spite of all the turmoil both on and off the pitch.

Long may it continue. My only worry is old users returning to stir things up under pseudonyms after the dying duck finally kicks the bucket.

Well done one and all.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion Batman, think you're on a fishing trip :P

The posters that walked had plenty to say on a variety of subjects, I never read the Brexit thread so no idea what went on, but this place in my opinion is worse without them.

Just now, Gav said:

I never read the Brexit thread so no idea what went on,

Course you didn't

'It could get like a local ku klux klan meeting at times, but I have to agree the moderation was often way over the top, but very lax at other times, its a tough job'

I wonder who said that on RoversFans in a discussion about the Brexit thread on here?

http://roversfans.com/index.php?threads/line-drawn.99/page-4#post-3080

What was it you once called me. Oh yeah, 'Liar'!

Have a nice day Gav lad.

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Course you didn't

'It could get like a local ku klux klan meeting at times, but I have to agree the moderation was often way over the top, but very lax at other times, its a tough job'

I wonder who said that on RoversFans in a discussion about the Brexit thread on here?

http://roversfans.com/index.php?threads/line-drawn.99/page-4#post-3080

What was it you once called me. Oh yeah, 'Liar'!

Have a nice day Gav lad.

Playing the man and not the ball again?

Did you read the post you've linked above? you missed this bit:

"I never read the Brexit thread so I'm speaking from personal experience only"

I was talking about BRfcs in general not the Brexit thread you numpty :lol:

You've now got more own goals than Duffy!

Just now, Gav said:

Playing the man and not the ball again?

Did you read the post you've linked above? you missed this bit:

"I never read the Brexit thread so I'm speaking from personal experience only"

I was talking about BRfcs in general not the Brexit thread you numpty :lol:

You've now got more own goals than Duffy!

Ha Touche! But where else was it like the KKK? And who made it like that? Those who have defected who you defend on here?

Archived