BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I missing something? How is she going to get the 2/3rds majority to call it before 2020?

Unless the lib dems back her in the hope they could actually take control on the back of an anti-Brexit vote (which is insane). 

Corbyn is convinced that he will win, even though he is clearly unelectable. Fallon may pull off a surprise, but only if he campaigns on a single Brexit isn't Brexit platform and pull in votes from the anti-Brexit Tories and Labour voters. I can see both Labour and the Tories campaigning on a pro Brexit platform as both May and Corbyn are in favour. To be honest it looks like a no-brainer for May  as there's no credible opposition and it removes the un-elected jibes she's been receiving lately.

Just now, dave birch said:

OOT, there may be a deal of confusion about what to do, who to vote for.

Could be a time for independents with an agenda.

The result should give clarity Dave , but I agree many  voters may see this as a re-run of the referendum so there could be confusion and divided loyalties 

Just now, onlyonetugay said:

The result should give clarity Dave , but I agree many  voters may see this as a re-run of the referendum so there could be confusion and divided loyalties 

It should, oot, but hese are "interesting times" not just in the UK but worldwide.

Just now, dave birch said:

Glenn, Labour have said they will back the vote, Tim has said as much.

That is insane. I don't think labour have been less capable of winning an election in my life time! 

May should walk this as Labour are in disarray. But Labour will be probably be pleased because it means they can ditch Corbyn after they get trounced.

I expect a low turnout because I know Corbyn presses the buttons of generally crank elements in society but normal working class people really don't have anyone to vote for. Plus at the very least you need an effective opposition.

19 minutes ago, dave birch said:

Of course they do Jim, but with whom do they replace him with?

In such a short time to make some kind of impact.

Think he means after the election if it goes ahead.

If the left wingers are still pulling the strings expect Diane Abbott 

A clever move by May, putting the onus on the other parties to put up or shut up. 

13 minutes ago, Glenn said:

That is insane. I don't think labour have been less capable of winning an election in my life time! 

It's a bit of an odd one. Delusional as Corbyn is I think even he knows he stands zero chance of winning. Sad really as if Corbyn had stood down six months ago there could be a new leader in who could recover some ground on the Tories. As it is the Labour position is likely to weaken.

I wonder if someone will announce a new centrist party? Macron in France has set the formula. Others are bound to follow if they can't get centrist representation in the main parties.

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Whats happened to Diane Abbott?

I watched her on question time a few weeks back and she came across as aggressive, rude and completely at odds with the audience?

I know shes had a really tough time of it lately, threats of rape, threats to murder the poor woman and kill her kids, which is disgusting by the faceless cowards on social media, but her whole demeanor was out of sync with the Diane Abbott of a few years back.

As for the election, well the people of this country are infatuated with themselves, b0llox to anyone else suffering, so its a Tory landslide I'd imagine and more cuts, more poor and disabled people to suffer, more food banks, and if its an extra £10 a week in the pay packet for the Tory voter all the better.

Think he means after the election if it goes ahead.

A clever move by May, putting the onus on the other parties to put up or shut up. 

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we were rid of Dianne Abbott , Emily Thornberry and Shami Chakrabati  ( a triumvirate of hypocrisy) from our TV screens?  Grass roots Labour is still  dominated by the hard left , so even if they are  trounced , I doubt a Kier Starmer, a Dan Jarvis  or a David Milliband would get close 

I personally don't see it that way. I would take convincing to vote for Farron, but I couldn't vote for a party/leader who's primary concern is developing a majority capable of pushing this country in a direction that does not suit the majority. That's my view, but the reason I think it is foolish is her previous stance.

The PM talks about a reluctance to chose this option, this is a big fat lie. Opportunity for more power to deliver the interests of only a minority of those she represents.

Five more years damage to the NHS, Schools, Policing and other services? I can't see many voting for that. It won't take a miracle for the Tory majority to dissipate. Politics isn't the same as it was in the 80s, making such a greedy snatching decision on a poll... foolish! 

Archived