BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

The health service is better under the Tories Chaddy? Is that it? Anything to back that up?

the health services problems are down to the buildings not being big enough? Jeez, give me strength. Well waiting lists started getting bigger from the moment the Tories took power in 2010. Did the buildings shrink at that point somehow.

the extra 10 billion Cameron promised still hasn't been given yet. At the same time care has been cut resulting in people not being discharged when they should be.

sorry for the tone of my post, but that's the biggest bit of garbage I've read in a long time.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I tell anyone who'll listen. But they're all selfish tossers, it would seem.

'Why I should I pay more tax for someone else's healthcare just because I earn more?'

Or words to that effect. The traditional British social ideals (even among many Tories post-War) are that you pay to ensure we are ALL safe, we ALL get quality health care free at the point of use, and ALL children get a free education.

The Tories are determined to get rid of that so that the wealthy get the care and education they can already afford anyway, while the rest of the UK can rot for all they care.

I can't stand Corbyn for many reasons, but his politics are more affordable than the Tory ones being put forward, and are also with a view to keeping those at the bottom safe.

You mention that you have spent a lot of time in hospital for various reasons recently and (forgive me if I'm out of order) I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would vote for a party that has seen many hospitals and health centres close or be rendered inadequate.

I agree that the solution is to get rid of middle-managers in the NHS but it was the Tories who put them there instead of investing in the education and development of the NHS workforce.

It's the same in education. Academies are great when they work. But unlike state-funded schools, it only takes the man at the top to decide he doesn't fancy paying money in for whole villages and towns to be without schools for our children.

Look at everything that's wrong with the governance of football. That's where the Tories want to take our public services.

The bold highlight part is true and correct and I believe in that.

my step daughter is going to academy this year so I will get a much better insight into the.

50 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

1. Comedy hour. 

2. Had your council tax bill lately ? In the past few months, the Tories have shifted social care costs on to local authorities, so your council tax will be going up dramatically in coming years. So yes, lower taxes are wonderful, except the Tories will be taking the money out of your pocket by other means.

3. Which Tory govt ? The current one has been in power for barely a year; the previous one was more than 20 years ago. In the past 12 months average pay has risen less than inflation, so you're worse off than 12 months ago.  

My council tax bill has gone up by 20 pounds a month roughly. No problems paying for the social care but I mention this previously that explained why it gone up and where the money is going to show that local government can been trusted.

sorry I meant since 2010

44 minutes ago, den said:

The health service is better under the Tories Chaddy? Is that it? Anything to back that up?

the health services problems are down to the buildings not being big enough? Jeez, give me strength. Well waiting lists started getting bigger from the moment the Tories took power in 2010. Did the buildings shrink at that point somehow.

the extra 10 billion Cameron promised still hasn't been given yet. At the same time care has been cut resulting in people not being discharged when they should be.

sorry for the tone of my post, but that's the biggest bit of garbage I've read in a long time.

Only my own experiences and the people I know who work in the NHS and the social care sectors.

Buildings not big enough was from a senior doctor at NHS hospital. Because patients demand has gone up and ward beds has not.

Look at Blackburn Hospital where it doesn't have enough space on A and E Wards and people are in corridors instead on wards.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

My council tax bill has gone up by 20 pounds a month roughly. No problems paying for the social care but I mention this previously that explained why it gone up and where the money is going to show that local government can been trusted.

Local govt in the Blackburn area is largely Labour controlled. 

Remember to put aside the income tax you're "saving" by voting Tory to pay for all the other services you'll have to fund out of your own pocket: social care is just the start; next it will be doctor's fees and hospital visits,. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The bold highlight part is true and correct and I believe in that.

my step daughter is going to academy this year so I will get a much better insight into the.

sorry I meant since 2010

Only my own experiences and the people I know who work in the NHS and the social care sectors.

Buildings not big enough was from a senior doctor at NHS hospital. Because patients demand has gone up and ward beds has not.

Look at Blackburn Hospital where it doesn't have enough space on A and E Wards and people are in corridors instead on wards.

Because the Tories shut down all the Social Care, and now all the pensioners are taking up all the beds in the wards because they have nowhere to go.

Also the reason you now have a bigger council tax bill. Yet you think this is a thing to back them on? ?

Department of Health (DH) figures show that the amount of its funding that has gone to “independent sector providers” more than doubled from £4.1bn in 2009-10, Labour’s last year in power, to £8.7bn in 2015-16. 

Slow-release privatisation has also seen the percentage of the DH budget finding its way into private hands rising from 4% in 2009-10 to 8% in the last financial year.

Jeremy Corbyn condemns all bombing.

Theresa May nods her head in agreement with Tory voter who says shed be happier if those in the South could keep more than the £100,000 threshold, because it's not the same as £100k in the North. 

Boris lies on Peston on Sunday by saying that the £350m a week for the NHS after Brexit is in the Tory manifesto.

Which story does Sky News lead with?

Yep Corbyn refuses to condemn IRA.

Corbyn should condemn IRA but why wont he? 

Very insensitive comments on the falklands 

How about the foxes Mrs May wants to see hunted down and ripped apart - any comment on them? 

The comments attributed to Corbyn re Falklands are from a Argentinian assistant ambassador in 2015.

The Labour party's position is that the Falklands have the right to self-determination, at the last vote that was 99% of the population. The governor of the Falklands has said that Corbyn is no threat to the Falklands whatsoever.

As for the IRA, when Corbyn says ALL bombs, does that include those of the IRA or not? I think it also includes the bombs of the ulster defence force etc...

Here's another question for you.

A report out tomorrow shows companies in the UK have held down staff wages as they plug pension deficits, including those of lower-paid workers excluded from the schemes.

An average 10 per cent of the money that has been paid into defined-benefit schemes over the past 16 years has been funded by suppressing wages, according to new research

On average, workers are paid £200 a year, or 0.6 per cent, less than employees in similar companies which have not had to plug pension deficits, the Resolution Foundation said.

The impact has been largest on workers who are, or were, members of defined-benefit schemes, but Matthew Whittaker, chief economist at the Resolution Foundation, said that low earners were also being hit even though they “are not entitled to the pension pots they are plugging”

Who do you think is responsible for companies being able to treat their workers like that chaddy ?

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Who do you think is responsible for companies being able to treat their workers like that chaddy ?

No of course not. 

Can I just say I will be voting Tory but I dont agree with every policy.  Im sure you.dont with Labour

No of course not. 

Can I just say I will be voting Tory but I dont agree with every policy.  Im sure you.dont with Labour

Doesn't make any sense. Nearly everything they say and do is against your interests

Really?

78% on the Election quiz for Tories

Which of their individual manifesto policies do you think are better than Labours?

7 hours ago, Baz said:

Which of their individual manifesto policies do you think are better than Labours?

I havent read the Tories manifesto. Its 88 pages long. And I wont be either. 

But its promises more funding in Education and Health. Strong on Brexit. And increase on defence spending. 

Archived