BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I havent read the Tories manifesto. Its 88 pages long. And I wont be either. 

But its promises more funding in Education and Health. Strong on Brexit. And increase on defence spending. 

From a purely selfish point of view unless you're on big bucks voting Tory is not in your interest.  The Health Service won't exist as we know it after another ten years of this lot. You'll need deep pockets then if you get something drastic.

They wouldn't need to increase defence spending if they didn't waste mega money on projects that never come to fruition. By time the aircraft designated for the new aircraft less aircraft carriers are ready it'll be time to scrap the ships.

it's an uphill struggle for the Labour Party regarding the media in every election but this time they've been particularly disgraceful. The BBC in particular are obviously toeing the line. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But its promises more funding in Education and Health. Strong on Brexit. And increase on defence spending. 

Don't get your information from TV chaddy, you should actually read the manifestos. A problem with so many voters is they don't actually understand what they vote for, instead relying on the opinions of others to decide for them.

• Backroom

The school meals debate is a complete farce. While MPs can claim free 5-course dinners in the commons, it looks as if children will be deprived of school meals.

This woman is rapidly becoming vile.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

From a purely selfish point of view unless you're on big bucks voting Tory is not in your interest.  The Health Service won't exist as we know it after another ten years of this lot. You'll need deep pockets then if you get something drastic.

They wouldn't need to increase defence spending if they didn't waste mega money on projects that never come to fruition. By time the aircraft designated for the new aircraft less aircraft carriers are ready it'll be time to scrap the ships.

it's an uphill struggle for the Labour Party regarding the media in every election but this time they've been particularly disgraceful. The BBC in particular are obviously toeing the line. 

I aint on mega bucks either but I will be voting Tory as I always do. 

Wouldnt vote Labour not with the leadership they have and people leading them. 

Just now, Mike E said:

Don't get your information from TV chaddy, you should actually read the manifestos. A problem with so many voters is they don't actually understand what they vote for, instead relying on the opinions of others to decide for them.

I didnt get my info from tv. I read the Indepedant paper on what key points are in the Tory manifesto. 

People dont have hours to read them. People have f

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I didnt get my info from tv. I read the Indepedant paper on what key points are in the Tory manifesto. 

So you read a Tory paper aboutique the Tory manifesto? That would only tell you the 'good'.

If you go down that route, read from the opposite wings of politics about both manifestos. Find out what won't work as well.

I don't have hours either, but I've read enough of both manifestos to know that the Labour manifesto is for the country as a whole (the elite don't even come out of it badly), while the Tory manifesto wants to take away vital services from the disabled, and poor, and even the middle classes.

A soundbite I like is that Mein Kampf by Hitler also contained many references to needing a 'strong and stable' government, all the while creating a weaker, more dictatorial society.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I aint on mega bucks either but I will be voting Tory as I always do. 

Wouldnt vote Labour not with the leadership they have and people leading them. 

So it's true then - Turkeys do vote for Christmas.

Just now, Mike E said:

The school meals debate is a complete farce. While MPs can claim free 5-course dinners in the commons, it looks as if children will be deprived of school meals.

This woman is rapidly becoming vile.

The Tory party in the past has always contained the odd person who you could see had integrity and although you didn't agree with them you had a modicum of respect for.  This lot haven't got one. I watched Johnson on the TV last night, what a dodge pot he is. If he told me today was Monday I'd have to look at today's paper to be sure.

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The Tory party in the past has always contained the odd person who you could see had integrity and although you didn't agree with them you had a modicum of respect for.  This lot haven't got one. I watched Johnson on the TV last night, what a dodge pot he is. If he told me today was Monday I'd have to look at today's paper to be sure.

Make sure it's not a Tory paper :lol:

Her whole pitch has been about Strong and Stable leadership.  This is anything but Strong and Stable.  It was completely ill thought out policy by a party who thought that they could say anything in this election and it would not affect the polls.  

She looked flustered today when being asked questions that had not been vetted.  No wonder she doesn't want to take part in an head to head debate.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

So it's true then - Turkeys do vote for Christmas.

I know plenty of people who are the same way. To say "I don't have the time to read the manifesto of the party that will govern the country I live in, but I'll vote for them anyway" is absolute madness imo. But Chaddy is far from alone.

What on earth does strong on brexit mean? 

Does it mean acting like a ball-breaker in negotiations where the other side holds all the cards, leaving you in a weaker position than you were before? 

This country is heading for disaster and the masses are getting their information from rags like the sun. 

Utterly hopeless. If brexit goes through, it will be the mid nineties recession all over again

1 hour ago, DE. said:

I know plenty of people who are the same way. To say "I don't have the time to read the manifesto of the party that will govern the country I live in, but I'll vote for them anyway" is absolute madness imo. But Chaddy is far from alone.

To be fair, have you read every page of every manifesto to make sure you are educated in everything each party is telling us?

My guess is that very few people actually read all (or any) of the manifestos and rely on word of mouth and media outlets to relay the salient points. 

Theresa May has now done 9 U-turns in the past 12 months - so much for strong and stable leadership

But she refuses to budge on certain issues. Why? Because those are the ones the swivels in the Tory party have laid down as red lines. So who are really governed by? The answer is: May's inner circle, up to policy on Brexit, and then the hard-core Eurosceptics from that point forward

In other words, people like Nick Timothy (unelected), and Jacob Rees-Mogg (possibly the single most elitist MP). Aren't these the kind of people that the public were rejecting during the referendum? And yet, here they are again.

I've said all along the so-called "elites" in Brussels aren't the problem - it's the elites in the Tory party that have screwed the rest of us for the past 40 years

Just now, jim mk2 said:

I've said all along the so-called "elites" in Brussels aren't the problem - it's the elites in the Tory party that have screwed the rest of us for the past 40 years

Are we conveniently forgetting 13 years of Labour rule somewhere along the line?

(and I actually agree with the rest of your post)

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Biddy said:

To be fair, have you read every page of every manifesto to make sure you are educated in everything each party is telling us?

My guess is that very few people actually read all (or any) of the manifestos and rely on word of mouth and media outlets to relay the salient points. 

I've read the Tory, Labour and Lib Dem manifestos, yeah. Skimmed certain sections as is only prudent. 

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So you haven't even bothered to read the Conservative manifesto on those key areas, let alone compare them to the other parties? The Tories are cutting the money put into health and social care, and have done consistently.

The money in education is to fund their continuing drive to bring back Grammar schools, free schools, scrapping GCSEs  to bring in baccalaureates, or whatever is the latest top down restructuring trend of the month.

And what exactly 'does strong on Brexit' mean?

I'd only agree that they are going to marginally increase spending on defence. 

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

They've put more money through the NHS into private contracts, and they will continue to raise that. That's not "funding" it, its selling it off. The last 12 months have seen absolute chaos. 1/3 of nurses are with 15 years of retirement and we've stopped the bursaries bringing new blood in. 1/10 nursing jobs is currently vacant. 1/5 employees of the total NHS are not "from" the uk so bringing immigration down to 10,000 or less (something else Theresa hasn't managed despite promising and working on it, and net immigration is currently higher than when she started as home sec) could worsen the staffing crisis.

Education... did you see the news about state schools writing to parents for money? Have you a clue about academy's bar the one that you might know something about from experience? The education system in this country is a complete Joke, and under a pro-corporate government, it suits them to a tee. Low employment, is that because more jobs are available or is it because more low skilled and low paid jobs are available?

You said yourself, you always vote blue - so don't try to justify that with a belief in their manifesto. You can't even justify the leadership angle because Theresa May has shown herself to be nothing but a complete liar, and Corbyn is not spinning on a top with U-Turn after U-Turn.

Corbyn is also a far better speaker than her also which I have to admit that I bought the rhetoric about him being dull, before seeing him passionately lead rallies in front of thousands of people.

Sky news latest attempt at making him look dodgy is highlighting just how "sheep like" certain "flocks" of the country must be. He actually said HE CONDEMNS ALL BOMBS AND THEN THE HEADLINE IS "FAILS TO CONDEMN THE IRA!!!!

So please Chaddy, don't get upset or angry at me, you've right dropped a bollock on this one. You have a right to choose who you see fit, but I'd advise you do more reading and research prior to posting in future; you have no idea how frustrating/insulting it is to read people say they want to help NHS or education by voting Tory, they put both public sectors on their absolute knees.

Archived