BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

NHS spending on managers rise by 450% under Labour

https://fullfact.org/news/did-nhs-spending-managers-rise-450-under-labour/

Wasn't it Tony Blair who started privatising the NHS?

Blair and Cameron were good leaders of each party

Why don't you asked Nurses who are unhappy not me?

Like I said some nurses are happy and some not. My ex is very happy with her job in the NHS.

That's the problem with mean testing people but what other way is them?

No nurses are telling me they'll vote for a party that took their bursaries, pay rises and reasonable working conditions, that's why I'm not asking them.

The other way is; you've paid your NI for 40 odd years, you are a pensioner, you get 300 quid a year for winter bills.

The idea that this is an "acceptable" cut is completely beyond my scope. It's literally picking on the old or weak!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's only 2 years since Cameron, Osborne and Duncan Smith said that means testing winter fuel payments would cost more than just giving it to everyone.

Just now, Baz said:

It's only 2 years since Cameron, Osborne and Duncan Smith said that means testing winter fuel payments would cost more than just giving it to everyone.

I wish Cameron was still PM with Osborne and Duncan Smith in the cabinet

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

NHS spending on managers rise by 450% under Labour

https://fullfact.org/news/did-nhs-spending-managers-rise-450-under-labour/

Wasn't it Tony Blair who started privatising the NHS?

Blair and Cameron were good leaders of each party

Why don't you asked Nurses who are unhappy not me?

Like I said some nurses are happy and some not. My ex is very happy with her job in the NHS.

That's the problem with mean testing people but what other way is them?

Some nurses are happy and some are not? Are you trying to justify that as a 50:50 split? Most have had a pay freeze for 7 years. Would you be happy with that?

Thatcher introduced privatisationin in the NHS with the creation of the 'internal market'. A long time before Blair. John Major expanded it further with the 'citizens charter', again before Blair.

I wish Cameron was still PM with Osborne and Duncan Smith in the cabinet

Good grief. 

The first has delivered the biggest political and constitutional crisis since the second world war then ran away from the damage he caused, the second borrowed more than every other Labour govt in history combined, attacked the poorest in society while giving tax giveaways to the rich, plus gave us 7 years of austerity that have decimated public services, while the the third is a clueless clot who is better known as Drunken Smith for obvious reasons.

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Good grief. 

The first has delivered the biggest political and constitutional crisis since the second world war then ran away from the damage he caused, the second borrowed more than every other Labour govt in history combined, attacked the poorest in society while giving tax giveaways to the rich, plus gave us 7 years of austerity that have decimated public services, while the the third is a clueless clot who is better known as Drunken Smith for obvious reasons.

Give it a bloody rest. 

Clueless unelected Brown has leader off a country he was even as PM. constitutional not right. Or Len McCluskey the true leader party or Ed Millband wrecking his party by challenging his brother for leadership. Just imagine where Labour would be in David Millband as Labour leader. 

Cameron was a good PM. If you disagree fine but thats my opinion. 

Give it a bloody rest. 

Clueless unelected Brown has leader off a country he was even as PM. constitutional not right. Or Len McCluskey the true leader party or Ed Millband wrecking his party by challenging his brother for leadership. Just imagine where Labour would be in David Millband as Labour leader. 

Talking about giving it a rest.

Stop stating things as fact, that are either your opinion, or that of a right wing media.

You can have whatever opinion you like, but its infuriating to continually correct you.

Cameron will likely go down as one of the most disastrous PM's in history as a result of Brexit. He says his greatest achievement in office was gay marriages, which says it all about the arrogance of a born-to-rule member of the southern English elite for whom politics was just a game en route to amassing more tax-evading fortunes for his family. Offshore trusts anyone? How any ordinary folk identify with these people is extraordinary

• Backroom

Vote Conservative if you want to:

-Take heating and homes from pensioners.

-Take away children's school meals (while MPs continue to have lavish 5-course meals for free).

-Legitimise animal abuse.

-Risk the security of having schools at all.

-Continue the ruination of the NHS.

-Continue the decimation of the education system.

-Have a leader who uses a slogan first used in any meaningful way by one of history's worst mass-murderers.

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Give it a bloody rest. 

Cameron was an utter fool for the referendum alone. He either thought he'd comfortably won it, or he lost it on purpose. He was an awful Prime Minister. In my opinion. Or it's possibly just fact.

How is Osborne's balancing of the deficit by 2020 coming along?

It beggars belief that you can actually want that failure of a crew back.

From the Conservative party press office..... they're just simply lying now. 

Jeremy Corbyn's plan to pay for elderly care: increasing the basic rate of income tax to 25p for millions of working people #GE2017 

Fair play to BBC political reporter Laura Kuennsberg (sp?) on the news last night. She's normally biased towards the Tories but wasn't taking any of the nonsense May was trying in an effort to deny her U-turn over social care. 

May insisted "there was no change" from her previous position but Kuennsberg spelt  it out that the prime minister had made a complete about-turn in the face of attacks from Tory supporters and was clearly "rattled" by the affair.

Incidentally, I thought May was about to burst into tears or start getting abusive during her interview with Andrew Neill. The woman is clearly over-promoted and not fit for office. 

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Fair play to BBC political reporter Laura Kuennsberg (sp?) on the news last night. She's normally biased towards the Tories but wasn't taking any of the nonsense May was trying in an effort to deny her U-turn over social care. 

May insisted "there was no change" from her previous position but Kuennsberg spelt  it out that the prime minister had made a complete about-turn in the face of attacks from Tory supporters and was clearly "rattled" by the affair.

Incidentally, I thought May was about to burst into tears or start getting abusive during her interview with Andrew Neill. The woman is clearly over-promoted and not fit for office. 

She didn't really get promoted Jim, she just fell into the job.

Just now, preston blue said:

Watching events in Albert Sq, Manchester tonight gives me hope.

Muslim, Jew, Christian, Sikh and non believers all together showing solidarity and their disgust at terrorism.   Thank goodness and well done.

This is the message we need to be demonstrating, not the hate filled vile nonsense we get from certain posters around here.

This of course makes me a "terrorist sympathiser," I'm sure.

Archived