BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

1 hour ago, Batman. said:

Chaddy, The Daily Heil and The Scum are not quotable references I'm afraid.

Propaganda machines, doing everything they can to ensure general public feel exactly how they want them to.

The reality is that the polls continue to close, and although TheConservatives should win, a large majority is looking more and more unlikely.

All newspapers have bias towards Tories or Labour. 

The Daily Mail article on Corbyn I posted was an very interesting and some of his actions have too be questioned. His comments 2 years have to question, his actions towards IRA after 1996 Manchester bomb should make People serious think whether he is fit to lead this country. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Theresa May’s ‘strong’ handling of the terror crisis has put her back on track for a strong lead in General Election, poll reveals

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3666236/theresa-may-terror-crisis-general-election-poll-lead/

She is a minor, yet significant, reason it even happened!

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The Daily Mail article on Corbyn I posted was an very interesting and some of his actions have too be questioned. His comments 2 years have to question, his actions towards IRA after 1996 Manchester bomb should make People serious think whether he is fit to lead this country. 

Maybe you should stop quoting the papers then, especially the ones you read and quote. 

• Backroom

As opposed to the Tories having an actual IRA activist within their ranks?

Theresa May decimating our wonderful police force to the extent that they are stretched so thinly should make you question her leadership.

'More police on the streets' = 'none of the remaining cops allowed their days off for a while'.

'Army on the streets' = 'we made the police cut their forces too much'.

That isn't a matter for disagreement. That is exactly what has happened, as forecast by the Police Federation 5 years ago.

Theresa May has failed in a smaller role and indirectly allowed a Terror attack in Britain. She declares herself to be a 'difficult woman' in negotiations, immediately before negotiating the most politically important decision this country has faced since in a long time.

That shouldn't make you think she's suitable for the biggest job in Britain. She is out of her depth in keeping us safe literally and politically imo.

At the very least, Corbyn's approach to conflict (while I disagree with his position on Trident) is the approach every world-admired leader has had.

9 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

If you want a good NHS and education system don't vote Tory. Good public services cost money, which means higher taxes. You can't have it both ways.

"Strong" on defence and security is straight from the Tory propaganda machine songbook. It's meaningless.

We're heading for a hard Brexit under May. That'll be tough on your family because we will all be poorer

What is a hard brexit? 

And how do.you know I and family will be poorer?

4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

She is a minor, yet significant, reason it even happened!

Nobody is to blame apart from the people who did this terrible awful attack in Manchester. They believe in this idelogo. 

But according to Corbyn its ok for Britons to join ISIS cos it Value Judgement. Really?

The Tories have failed to guarantee tax increases in VAT, income TAX and have committed only to reduce Corporation tax.

Labour have guaranteed no increase in VAT, income tax (unless you earn over 80k), and increase corporation tax to a level we had in 2005 (and still pretty much the lowest in europe).

If a government refuses to rule out tax increases, it means at best, they are considering it.

• Backroom

Nobody is to blame apart from the people who did this terrible awful attack in Manchester. They believe in this idelogo. 

But according to Corbyn its ok for Britons to join ISIS 

Show me the quote where he says that, please?

No comment on Maria Gatland's IRA activism? As opposed to Corbyn condemning all bombing and aiding the Irish peace process (which you and others seem to inexplicably, maliciously twist into IRA support).

When the Muslim community notifies police multiple times in the last weeks about the attacker and they do not have the men available to investigate properly, it is also a fault of the Home Secretary. That role was Theresa May's for the last few years. Not 'to blame', but she must take some of it. If she did, I would actually be more likely to vote for someone who can admit their mistakes.

29 minutes ago, Phil T said:

It's interesting to see how they take a poll of their own readers and then proceed to write "The nation wants...". No! The Sun readers want...!

If there's anything that The Sun is good at, it's celebrity gossip. They should really stick to that instead of doctoring what the nation politically wants.

What they really mean is - " Rupert Murdoch Wants ".

But according to Corbyn its ok for Britons to join ISIS cos it Value Judgement. Really?

Do you think Police cuts may have had an impact? They do.

Why? Cos they dont agree with your views. 

No,- for the reason you gave. They're highly biased.

oh and they carry little credibility as serious political commentators, as well as not being averse to simply lying about things.

• Backroom

I posted the Daily Mail article link

They quote two words 'value judgement', using entirely their own context and not the context in which he said it.

Ie: There's literally no clue what he was talking about when he used those two words, yet you actually believe the Mail without even fact-checking?

I've just double-checked and it would appear the context in which he said that was basically 'one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter'.

Far from defending them, he is implied letting people fight for whom they want, but history will judge their actions as right or not. Indeed, there IS an undertone of condemnation in his speech, so I conclude that the Mail has (surprise surprise), twisted his entirely reasonable speech on the basis of a soundbite.

Events like the ones in Manchester don't happen in a vacuum. There has to be reasons for security failings. For some reason that  I don't understand Teresa May has had a downer on the Police Force from the day she took office as Home Secretary. You only have to watch her addresses to the Police Federation Conferences to see evidence off this.

No Labour Party Home Secretary would have dared to talk down to the Police as she did.

As a result massive cuts have been made in the national Police Force and the support services. According to my paper there are 20,000 less police men and women than there were in 2009 and yet there are 20,000 people with possible extremist tendencies on the police radar.

Teresa May is directly responsible for this state of affairs.

• Backroom

Are these polls going to accurate this time? Wasnt right in the last 2 elections

Also Diane Abbott still cannot say she regrets her comments about IRA 34 years

Yes, but actual IRA activism surely trumps comments about the IRA in terms of 'awfulness'?

Just now, Mike E said:

Yes, but actual IRA activism surely trumps comments about the IRA in terms of 'awfulness'?

She should be kick out of the party..end of story

Anybody who has been supportive of them should be kick out of politics aswell

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Are these polls going to accurate this time? Wasnt right in the last 2 elections

We don't know the answer to that Chaddy, but there are reasons to believe that the public are far more behind Labours policies of investment in the NHS, Education, raising police numbers, house building etc, etc,  and there are good reasons why people are turning against the totally negative Tory policies of more and more cuts, further Austerity, hitting pensioners on their incomes on their fuel tax (while deeming the Scots as more needing) and then taking the family home away with their dementia tax - while at the same time giving money to their rich friends. 

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Agreed on the first bit, but you are fundamentally wrong on the second bit imo.

'I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.'

You disagree with their politics in support of Irish nationalism, but to not allow their voice to be heard (which allows us the opportunity to debate and educate) wouldn't work. Indeed, talking and negotiating the peace process was the best outcome for all. In part, thanks to those with Mr. Corbyn's attitude.

However, even as a Labour-leaning citizen (for now), I cannot abide Diane Abbott.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You're Murdoch and the like's wet dream. So malleable.

What will be will be be, Hughesy. 

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I guess you've seen Michael Fallon making an absolute idiot of himself over this affair Chaddy?

Archived