BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

Just now, preston blue said:

Sorry Jim but non of your business.  But I can assure you it is not Labour (and I doubt it ever will be with Corbyn or his fellow marxist extremists in charge). 

Poliitics in the UK will never be the same again.

You can't come on here and criticise parties while hiding your own allegiances

We've all nailed our colours to the mast on here- so time to show yours.

Corbyn's a  Scandinavian type social democrat. The extremists are in Ukip and the right wing of the Tory party.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jim mk2 said:

You can't come on here and criticise parties while hiding your own allegiances

We've all nailed our colours to the mast on here- so time to show yours.

Labour for 40+ years.

Labour no longer..........as per many trade union members and activists.

Nail - bang.

Just now, dave birch said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/feb/23/net-migration-to-uk-falls-by-49000-after-brexit-vote

Not making any comment about the hows , but these are the latest figures I could find

Net immigration 273000 mainly due to a drop in students. Nowhere near down to the tens of thousands promised by the Tories in their last manifesto Dave. 

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Corbyn lied about his role with the IRA

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3684741/jeremy-corbyn-told-bare-faced-lie-on-tv-debate-to-hide-having-honoured-eight-ira-members-claims-audience-member/

More lies from Corbyn. 

Dont trust Corbyn, McDonell or Abbott one bit. All have said things about supporting IRA at some points

Chaddy. They call it "The Scum." A vile rag for the easily led and the downright stupid.

Quoting it carries zero weight.

On 29/05/2017 at 23:36, chaddyrovers said:

Just watched the May/Corbyn debate tonight on Channel 4/Sky news

Thought Corbyn didn't properly answered some questions like the IRA question, Drone question, The small business question by the guy from Manchester who has 22 workers and owned a pharmacy/ies,

He totally ignored the small business question about raising taxes on him, putting in a higher wage, getting rid of zero hours contracts.

I thought I'd watch the programme again before answering this post. I am aware of Corbyn's mess up on Women's Hour so please don't divert to that  

IRA

The questioner asked "in view of IRA support how can we trust him to tackle terrorism?"

Corbyn responded he wanted dialogue, a peace process which involved talking to people to bring about peace.

Would provide adequate police resources to keep us safe.

MANCHESTER BUSINESSMAN

The questioner asked how can I vote Labour because of your shortsighted policies on:

Corporation tax at 26%

Abolish zero hours contracts 

£10/hour minimum wage (£19500)

VAT on school fees

The questioner stated he was raised by Labour supporting salt if the earth Salford parents. 

Corbyn replied:

Corporation tax was 28% in 2010. Labour will raise it back to 26% to help pay for social care, education, NHS etc.

Labour wants to put in place mechanisms to protect and help small business.

£10/hour minimum wage would make people better off which would be spent in the local economy  - a LOCAL businessman!

I'd suggest if the small business owner was raised by salt of the earth Labour voting parents he should have some appreciation of the need for taxes to support government spending, the common decency of proper employment contracts and a living wage of (£19500) not far off what you said you earnt till recently. 

The man can afford to send his children to private school. I don't approve but it's his choice. When my children were schoolage my wife and I went without to give them what they needed. I suggest this "proud Mancunian" do the same or else find other ways to exploit his zero hours workforce.

chaddy you're listening but not hearing!!

6 hours ago, preston blue said:

No.  Someone who hates those who support terrorist organisations. Can you see your mate Diane Abbott as Home Secretary?   Please give a serious answer.

A significant faction of the people who formed the state of Israel were terrorists. They were every bit as bad as the IRA.  You will know what I mean , " The Stern Gang " , "Irgun ". They invented the truck bomb.  They also killed hundreds of British troops in Palestine after the war. I worked with a guy who did his national service out there many years ago. He knew one of " The Two Sergeants " who were hung in public by Israeli terrorists. The same terrorists who put a land mine under the hanging bodies so anyone coming to cut them down would also be killed. My pal was a tough old sweat but tears came to his eyes when he recounted his time in Palestine.

Any more comments on terrorism ?

8 hours ago, den said:

I thought about voting for the lib dems PB, mainly based on their commitment to offer a second referendum on brexit and again because of my doubts about Corbyn. Got to be honest though, this country's going down the pan for the ordinary man. The NHS is falling apart, A and E's are closing, Doctors are moving abroad (one of our GP's is off to Ozz), schools are sending letters to struggling parents almost on a weekly basis asking for money for anything or everything, councils can hardly afford to provide even the basic of services. Pensioners are now a target, while the whole reason for buying your own home - the ability to pass it down to your children, is being taken away as well. People talk now of older people being better off. Well my generation was really the first generation that benefitted in any real numbers from inheriting a house. That gives a lot of financial assurance to those people lucky enough to have benefitted from that, but this government doesn't see that for being the very important driving force that it is. Take that away and there's nothing left for the less than wealthy in this country. Why save? Why buy your own home? The poor are being hit in the pocket day after day. Food banks everywhere and I'm sick to death of not being able to Take in the views in case I'm swallowed up by any one of a million, unattended potholes. And you know what? This government isn't going to change any of that.

The Lib Dems haven't taken off in the ratings and I've got to be honest here. I'm prepared to put behind me the misgivings I have of Corbyn because the country needs to change direction before these services become completely irrelevant. Modern societies need modern services and the infrastructure to build upon. So there are only two real choices. I can't possibly vote for one of them.

Exactly den. I thought long and hard about voting Lib Dem in the hope they might provide an alternative. It looks like their impact will be negligible this time.

I then discovered just how tight the projected vote is in my constituency with the Conservative forecast to nudge out Lindsay Hoyle. 

For me this meant this is no time for any form of protest vote. The only choice is to vote for Lindsay and return a decent, proven, hardworking MP to parliament for Chorley and its people. 

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

1. I'm not worse off tho at the minute.

Point 3. You really want hard brexit by Tories so you can say told you so

On the NHS, and a person who using the services weekly/monthly I have more experience than most people. The tories dont want to dismantle at all. Its just Labour favourite saying

Sterling tanked because of impending Brexit. Because sterling tanked prices are now higher. Because prices are higher YOU ARE WORSE OFF.

7 hours ago, preston blue said:

As a follow up comment I met Jezza many times in he 1980's and early 90's.

He was always the joke.  A man of opposition and protest.  He supported the lost causes - the anti establishment, and some pretty obnoxious causes.

I think, and what I never hear mentioned, and is certainly true of myself is we all do, say and support things in our youth which we would view very differently in later life.

I'm not sure his stance in the 80s and 90s is relevant today. 

Only one way to vote in the Blackburn constituency (by proxy in my case and not a postal vote as Blackburn is a very dodgy place with these as we have seen in the past.) and that is for Duncan Miller , a block of cheese with the red rosette will get in regardless , At least Corbyn realised Hollern was a waster and moved her away from a potential defence minister post.

As there ever been a general election with a line up of politicians so incredibly dis-likeable and seemingly  not fit for purpose  on all sides ?, I am really struggling to think of the last time.

With just over a week to go think it's fair to say that on balance ,policy wise on paper Labour clear winners, although its costed it still does not add up to me, but would I trust them to implement it without doubling the projected costs.? definitely not.

Conservatives believing their own hype and lead in the polls previously, complacent with their manifesto and campaigning, fox hunting back on radar wtf!

Libs and their love for the Fourth Reich will hopefully see them stay as a tiny minority party.

Can only see a Conservative win with a very much reduced majority, always a good thing to have a strong opposition , but unfortunately in this case will just be the number of seats and not the standard of a shadow front bench.

Tenuously linked to the election but I didn't know where else to put this - does anyone have any dealings with Councillor Mick Higgins of Bamber Bridge? We're desperately trying to get hold of him, or indeed any member of the Social Committee of the Trades Hall Club re. the traditional relegation coffin burial and seem to be hitting brick walls. If you have any contacts for him or any of the members, please could you pm me ASAP? Many thanks.

10 hours ago, preston blue said:

As a follow up comment I met Jezza many times in he 1980's and early 90's.

He was always the joke.  A man of opposition and protest.  He supported the lost causes - the anti establishment, and some pretty obnoxious causes.

Forgetting what newspapers say for a moment, forgetting the hindsight arguments that a man talked to another man in 1994, or any other irrelevant "the Sun terrorist sympathiser" sound bites;

Just looking at voting records, I know which has the correct moral compass for this country.

If you believe in someone who wants fox hunting, less gay rights, no climate control measures, less taxes on rich, higher loans for education costs, lower social care budgets, lower corporation tax and higher bonuses, then Theresa and her party is the one for you.

Personally, id like to think we live in a more progressive society, free of barbaric animal cruelty, that supports its infirm, sick and elderly and protects the interests and prospects of its youth.

Most people my age will never own a house in their life time, yet people are voting against a leader "because he met Gerry Adams"...

How to be hoodwinked by a "ruling class" 101.

IMG_0335.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Biz said:

Forgetting what newspapers say for a moment, forgetting the hindsight arguments that a man talked to another man in 1994, or any other irrelevant "the Sun terrorist sympathiser" sound bites;

Just looking at voting records, I know which has the correct moral compass for this country.

If you believe in someone who wants fox hunting, less gay rights, no climate control measures, less taxes on rich, higher loans for education costs, lower social care budgets, lower corporation tax and higher bonuses, then Theresa and her party is the one for you.

Personally, id like to think we live in a more progressive society, free of barbaric animal cruelty, that supports its infirm, sick and elderly and protects the interests and prospects of its youth.

Most people my age will never own a house in their life time, yet people are voting against a leader "because he met Gerry Adams"...

How to be hoodwinked by a "ruling class" 101.

IMG_0335.JPG

The meeting Gerry Adams thing was to facilitate the peace process. Thatcher also did loads of deals with The IRA and the Tories even have a former IRA member as an MP FGS!

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

The meeting Gerry Adams thing was to facilitate the peace process. Thatcher also did loads of deals with The IRA and the Tories even have a former IRA member as an MP FGS!

It's all twisted BS to buy off people who don't make their own minds up.

The "elite" are petrified. In other news, the monarchy in "terrorist sympathiser" outrage;

IMG_0336.JPG

10 hours ago, preston blue said:

No.  Someone who hates those who support terrorist organisations. Can you see your mate Diane Abbott as Home Secretary?   Please give a serious answer.

He talked to them - as have all political leaders over the past 40 years.

Diane Abbott isn't my mate. She'd do a better job than your heroine Theresa May, whose only achievement in six years in the Home Office was to pick a fight with the police service (which she lost) and who failed spectacularly in her pledge to reduce immigration to the "tens of thousands".

The focus by the right wing press on Corbyn's so-called "terrorist links" appeals to those people who cannot think for themselves. Very surprised that you've fallen for it,

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

He talked to them - as have all political leaders over the past 40 years.

Diane Abbott isn't my mate. She'd do a better job than your heroine Theresa May, whose only achievement in six years in the Home Office was to pick a fight with the police service (which she lost) and who failed spectacularly in her pledge to reduce immigration to the "tens of thousands".

The focus by the right wing press on Corbyn's so-called "terrorist links" appeals to those people who cannot think for themselves. Very surprised that you've fallen for it,

Abbott has home secretary would be awful. Shes clueless and my 10 year step daughter could do better. 

The world would run rings Abbott. Complety numpty

8 hours ago, Batman. said:

Chaddy. They call it "The Scum." A vile rag for the easily led and the downright stupid.

Quoting it carries zero weight.

Sun reported what Corbyn even tho he cant admit this..

15 hours ago, Baz said:

Your voting on what Corbyn said 30 years ago. It's over, gone, pretty irrelevant now. I can't stand Abbott either, but hypocrisy over private schools is nothing in comparison to compare with some of the Tory cabinet - BoJo was claiming last week that the £350m a week for the NHS was IN the manifesto etc.

May told bare faced lies last night about the NHS, but you seem to swallow everything she says as fact.

Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott cant be trust. Plus their support for IRA Says everything. 

Even a labour supporter for 40 years wont voted for Corbyn 

15 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Daily Mail doesn't count - sorry.

Ask again, who would you trust May who has made so many U-turns over policy that it's impossible to know what she stands for?

Strong and stable = weak and wobbly.

Daily Mail counts just like the daily mirror counts. 

Archived