BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Nope, I posted precisely what I believe.

I only know that I cannot trust Theresa May to run the country, I can't take her at her word as she u-turns every month, I can't trust Hammond any more than Abbott, I can't trust Boris Johnson to do anything other than embarrass the UK.

Jeremy Corbyn and Keir Starmer are the most formidable pair of negotiators on offer for Brexit and I believe that is the priority (and that's before I think about the Conservatives' AWFUL record in government).

For years people have said 'politicians are all the same', and now someone different has come along. I believe that if Labour don't get in this time, they're pretty much guaranteed a majority in 2022. 

I think that's pretty much my thoughts.

I don't trust May, and whilst I don't agree with Corbyn on some things, I feel he's a man of principle, and will follow out his manifesto.

I trust Kiev Stanmer far more than David Davis.

I think I would vote Lib Dem if it was a straight choice, but they are a distant third in my constituency, and I can see Farron doing a deal with May to support her in a coalition government - but without the second vote.

A few weeks ago I had decided, for the first time ever. not to vote. The reason I have changed my mind is the excellent Labour manifesto and the honest, skilful campaign run by Corbyn, and the sheer, lying, embarrassing, awfulness of Theresa May. 

Although Corbyn gets my vote I'm still expecting a sizeable Tory victory. Anyone with a modicum of sense would not vote for May but it's a sad fact that 95 per cent plus of the electorate  don't really care about politics and only make their minds up in the polling booth - where the constant media battering of Corbyn will take its toll. 

This country desperately needs reform and a radical change of direction, starting with an overhaul of the voting system. But I fear the establishment and the elite are sadly on course for victory - helped in no small part by the Tory-voting lemmings in the midlands and north. 

Daily Mail going all in on the hatred for Corbyn, whilst applauding Mays latest U-turn on ripping up the human rights act. 

Running scared.

Incidentally, how come Ofcom controls tv and radio over an election period to make sure it's balanced, but the print media can do whatever they want?

Yes. I've never felt so despondent about this country as I do now. The Tories will win easily, I fear, and we'll have 5 more years of austerity, more running down of public services, a likely recession as we crash out of the EU without a deal, and nothing will be down to tackle the ever growing inequality between north and south. No other major economy is an unequal as the UK's, no other leading nation has one city and region so dominant and sucking the life out of the rest. It needs radical change. . 

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 12:20, den said:

Bloody hell Dave. Way over the top.

It was a joke. Don't take it too seriously.

You and your mates seem to think it's funny. Wrong.

It's worth repeating: violence against women isn't funny.

22 hours ago, Paul said:

I was going to quote three or four posts you made in reply to my one liner but for the sake of brevity this will suffice.

The definition of a 'one-liner' according to the online dictionary is: "a short joke or witty remark." Your statement was neither of those. So, let me help you out again. Violence against anyone is not acceptable under any circumstances. Not even as a 'joke'.

22 hours ago, Paul said:

...You will have read my views on many occasions and should understand I would not advocate physical or mental violence against anyone be they male or female...

That's not true though, is it?

You've made previous comments, to that effect.

34 minutes ago, BaldEagle said:

You and your mates seem to think it's funny. Wrong.

It's worth repeating: violence against women isn't funny.

Are seriously still talking about the "may tap on head" post? Honestly?

After all of the racial hatred and xenophobic comments? 

In other news- the media has one last shot. It shows how paranoid they are to focus on this "terrorist" sympathiser BS.

The sun and mail today are disgusting. I won't be quoting or linking to that level of @#/?. 

We all expect a Tory majority tomorrow, but personally I think those tactics will lose Theresa May credibility, and I think she'll be gone sooner rather than later!

36 minutes ago, BaldEagle said:

Violence against anyone is not acceptable under any circumstances.

Has Paul been violent then, or has he incited violence, or has he indicated that violence is acceptable? 

Very strange that den's initial remark has been blown out of proportion so badly. It's almost like you're on a wind-up as well

Just now, Biz said:

Are seriously still talking about the "may tap on head" post? Honestly?

After all of the racial hatred and xenophobic comments and linking posters to British Army atrocities? 

In other news- the media has one last shot. It shows how paranoid they are to focus on this "terrorist" sympathiser BS.

The sun and mail today are disgusting. I won't be quoting or linking to that level of @#/?. 

We all expect a Tory majority tomorrow, but personally I think those tactics will lose Theresa May credibility, and I think she'll be gone sooner rather than later!

Corrected and more accurate.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Corrected and more accurate.

See that's offensive, not Dens comment. Unfortunatley sometimes, winding people up leads to anger and a response, believe it or not. 

The only regret I have is I wasn't more specific. I find it remarkablely funny that one side can see publicly slandering someone's ability and suitability for their job as completely acceptable, but switch it round and it's heinous...

Double standards AAR. Now, have you anything political too add or not? I'm sure there is a thread for personal abuse ont'other site for this, where you'll find people who enjoy and buy into this kind of @#/? 

Just now, Biz said:

See that's offensive, not Dens comment. Unfortunatley sometimes, winding people up leads to anger and a response, believe it or not. 

The only regret I have is I wasn't more specific. I find it remarkablely funny that one side can see publicly slandering someone's ability and suitability for their job as completely acceptable, but switch it round and it's heinous...

Double standards AAR. Now, have you anything political too add or not? I'm sure there is a thread for personal abuse ont'other site for this, where you'll find people who enjoy and buy into this kind of @#/? 

ROFL truth hurts.

I tend to keep out of commenting on UK Election issues not have been born in nor ever living within UK Electoral Roll areas.

I suppose that makes me a 'foreigner' of sorts.

I do follow UK Politics as they have a direct bearing on other family members who chose to live and work in the UK. Hence I read this thread.

Why refer to roversfans.com? You do have some issues that you need to address and get help with.

As you obviously read that site you will know that I have never posted on there in a degrogatory manner about BRFCS or any of its posters. Nor will I but here you go again telling people what to do.

You should learn not to post in anger.

3 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Has Paul been violent then, or has he incited violence, or has he indicated that violence is acceptable? 

Very strange that den's initial remark has been blown out of proportion so badly. It's almost like you're on a wind-up as well

I can't imagine Paul being or inciting violence or even saying that it is acceptable.

Regarding Dens remarks, here in NSW there is a zero tolerance towards DV. It may have been put up as a joke but with the NSW police, it's not a joke.

Violence against anyone is not a joke, and no, I'm not BaldEagle, though whoever it is talks sense.

Finally I'll address any issue I have with Paul following his comment to me earlier, by PM.

ROFL truth hurts.

I tend to keep out of commenting on UK Election issues not have been born in nor ever living within UK Electoral Roll areas.

I suppose that makes me a 'foreigner' of sorts.

I do follow UK Politics as they have a direct bearing on other family members who chose to live and work in the UK. Hence I read this thread.

Why refer to roversfans.com? You do have some issues that you need to address and get help with.

As you obviously read that site you will know that I have never posted on there in a degrogatory manner about BRFCS or any of its posters. Nor will I but here you go again telling people what to do.

You should learn not to post in anger.

You should learn to not use forums as a method of trolling/winding up others for sport 

That is a blatant lie and insult.

I don't and never have.

However I respect you view to differ.

How can you suggest that you aren't, when you've started off today by trying to take this thread down that route? I'm assuming you do not agree with me, that moaning about Dens comment whilst ignoring the countless examples of BNP/EDL posters that've been removed thankfully is ridiculous? 

Just now, dave birch said:

Regarding Dens remarks, here in NSW there is a zero tolerance towards DV. It may have been put up as a joke but with the NSW police, it's not a joke.

Violence against anyone is not a joke, and no, I'm not BaldEagle, though whoever it is talks sense.

That's not regarding Den's remarks though, is it? You've gone off at an obtuse tangent and tried somehow to give the impression Den is somehow wrong because domestic violence is treated seriously in New South Wales.

Quite amazing, but perhaps you are serious, after all. Very bizarre.

Just now, Biz said:

How can you suggest that you aren't, when you've started off today by trying to take this thread down that route? I'm assuming you do not agree with me, that moaning about Dens comment whilst ignoring the countless examples of BNP/EDL posters that've been removed thankfully is ridiculous? 

I think your comment on a poster re BA atrocities, Den's comment re the 'shovel' and the BNP/EDL (your terms) style posts were all out of order in varying degrees. As such they could all have been removed.

I believe Den's was actually tongue in cheek and yours posted a bit in haste/anger.

The others were more agenda driven.

Archived