BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People have had a taste of the modern day right, and they don't like it.

Today is an important day, and the first happy one politically in what has been a horrific two years. Turns our arrogance and ignorance don't prevail.

The light shining once more? Big middle finger to The Mail, The Sun and The Express. You are everything that's wrong with this country, and as the youth rises and the platforms of media change to those of social/ online media, may you die the death you deserve.

Regardless of who people voted for this is a disaster for the country. Either way needed a majority govt. 

For the second time in 2 years a Tory pm in a 'strong and stable' position calls an election that doesn't need to happen which doesn't decide anything other than that we can't really decide anything!

Who is going to start the negotiations with the EU in 11 days time? The problem is that she will have to negotiate with parliament as well as 27 other countries. It's impossible. I think she's fatally wounded. This won't suit the EU either because whoever negotiates for the UK is on uncertain ground now. Disaster. Total shambles.

Didn't like either candidate hence I spoilt my ballot paper admittedly in an area which was likely to get 10-15,000 Tory majority anyway. So what if the 2 lemons we had to pick from: 1) Theresa May is unlikable. She never had the skill set. She doesn't engage people. She does u turns. 2) Corbyn is a scatty terrorist sympathising communist loon. 

AS UK PEOPLE WE DESERVE BETTER THAN ALL THESE CRETINS.

What would have been a disaster is a Tory majority. This is a great result for those who don't want a reckless unelected Tory pushing through a Hard Brexit many people don't won't.

Today is a step in the right direction.

Initial thoughts that either we are going to have a very slim and weak Con/DUP coalition, or call another election (and that promises to be hugely unpredictable). .

A surprising alternative might be a con/lab unity government... Only option that would offer genuine stability for fast approaching Brexit negotiations. I think it could happen. We might not really have any choice.

What a mess!

May's campagin was mess from start to finish. Media wise very poor. 

Should May go? Probably. Wasnt in favour of her when she was took over. 

Cameron should have stay. 

Osborne's comments was spot on last night. Awful policies. 

On ITV GMB, Says May will not resign

Very pleased to see the revival and surge of support for Labour. You have to wonder what could have happened if Corbyn hadn't had to fight his own party in recent times. 

I've woken up this morning quite incredulous at the Conservatives ability to screw things up for this country, mostly driven by self interest. 

We've had seven years of austerity which has achieved nothing. Cameron promised s referendum to appease his MPs in the belief it would be a remain vote.

When things don't go his way Cameron cuts and runs. Surprise, surprise the leading Tories who campaigned for Leave run away at the first opportunity. 

Next we get a PM who is now proven to be an incompetent liar who is effectively defeated at the first opportunity. 

Next week Brexit negotiations begin with a defeated, discredited and weak leader of a minority government leading the way. 

So thanks to the Tories we have austerity, a country woefully lacking in investment, our currency weakening, the economy heading for the toilet, our security forces severely weakened, a minority, toothless government and we are about to walk away from our largest trading market and our geographically closest neighbours. 

There are people out there who over the last seven years have actually voted for and supported this. Crazy. Totally crazy.

I forgot - a world class health service falling apart at the seams through cuts, underfunding and a lack of staff. 

• Backroom
Just now, Paul said:

Very pleased to see the revival and surge of support for Labour. You have to wonder what could have happened if Corbyn hadn't had to fight his own party in recent times. 

I've woken up this morning quite incredulous at the Conservatives ability to screw things up for this country, mostly driven by self interest. 

We've had seven years of austerity which has achieved nothing. Cameron promised s referendum to appease his MPs in the belief it would be a remain vote.

When things don't go his way Cameron cuts and runs. Surprise, surprise the leading Tories who campaigned for Leave run away at the first opportunity. 

Next we get a PM who is now proven to be an incompetent liar who is effectively defeated at the first opportunity. 

Next week Brexit negotiations begin with a defeated, discredited and weak leader of a minority government leading the way. 

So thanks to the Tories we have austerity, a country woefully lacking in investment, our currency weakening, the economy heading for the toilet, our security forces severely weakened, a minority, toothless government and we are about to walk away from our largest trading market and our geographically closest neighbours. 

There are people out there who over the last seven years have actually voted for and supported this. Crazy. Totally crazy. 

The utter incompetence of the Tory party is absolutely staggering. If people had any sense they would be obsolete by the next election.

19 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Regardless of who people voted for this is a disaster for the country. Either way needed a majority govt. 

For the second time in 2 years a Tory pm in a 'strong and stable' position calls an election that doesn't need to happen which doesn't decide anything other than that we can't really decide anything!

Who is going to start the negotiations with the EU in 11 days time? The problem is that she will have to negotiate with parliament as well as 27 other countries. It's impossible. I think she's fatally wounded. This won't suit the EU either because whoever negotiates for the UK is on uncertain ground now. Disaster. Total shambles.

Didn't like either candidate hence I spoilt my ballot paper admittedly in an area which was likely to get 10-15,000 Tory majority anyway. So what if the 2 lemons we had to pick from: 1) Theresa May is unlikable. She never had the skill set. She doesn't engage people. She does u turns. 2) Corbyn is a scatty terrorist sympathising communist loon. 

AS UK PEOPLE WE DESERVE BETTER THAN ALL THESE CRETINS.

You need to stop swallowing the rubbish in The Daily Mail.

Just now, DE. said:

The utter incompetence of the Tory party is absolutely staggering. If people had any sense they would be obsolete by the next election.

May's finished, she was a broken woman last night at her count. Staying on for any length of time would just be another bad decision after the election decision.  Having said that I don't think it'll be her decision to make.

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What a mess!

:lol:

Fickle much?

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

May's finished, she was a broken woman last night. Staying on for any length of time would just be another bad decision after the election decision.  Having said that I don't think it'll be her decision to make.

The difficulty is this gives us yet more chaos. The BBC are suggesting leading Conservatives will rally round May to ensure Brexit goes ahead as they wish. Alternatively that rallying round could be to steady things, line up a new leader and attemp a clean change in the leadership.

May should resign, the country has spoken and I for one will enjoy watching her go. 

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What a mess!

Chaddy you voted for this telling us how it would be good for you and your family. Don't complain you supported this mess.

What did people tell you? 

Just now, Paul said:

The difficulty is this gives us yet more chaos. The BBC are suggesting leading Conservatives will rally round May to ensure Brexit goes ahead as they wish. Alternatively that rallying round could be to steady things, line up a new leader and attemp a clean change in the leadership.

May should resign, the country has spoken and I for one will enjoy watching her go. 

The likes of Johnson and Gove won't be hanging around for that. They'll be putting the skids under her as we speak.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not Diane Abbott's biggest fan but her majority was over 42,000. So much for the people who mocked her when she wasn't well.

To be totally honest I don't think that has too much to do with Diane Abbott. Stoke Newington is as Labour and Remain as it gets. I used to live there and know plenty of people who are not keen on Diane Abbott (including me) but vote for her as they see it as a party vote, not a personal one.

Just now, Paul said:

I don't think anyone knows, nor will for days as there is a lot of horse trading over coalitions/support deals.

Changing the Conservative Leader would only really help if it wins back Remainers, but if its a soft Brexit person the Right will be out in force. Boris Johnson has to be the favorite as potentially he could appeal to both camps. However he is a total maverick who no one trusts, and prone to serious mistakes.

I don't envy the Conservatives at all. A nightmarish situation.

Now who is predicting chaos and scaremongering about brexit?

Thank you general public for not allowing this joke of a politician, whom never answered one question from the off, to succeed in a political land grab!

Archived