BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What a mess!

May's campagin was mess from start to finish. Media wise very poor. 

Should May go? Probably. Wasnt in favour of her when she was took over. 

Cameron should have stay. 

Osborne's comments was spot on last night. Awful policies. 

On ITV GMB, Says May will not resign

What did you actually vote for then?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dulwich said:

Tribal innit. Thankfully a huge youth vote have stopped Theresa destroying our manufacturing sector as a consequence of brexit.

Imo the biggest mistake tha Theresa May made was not being able to answer the question;

"do you believe in brexit?"

How could you not answer that and base your entire campaign on it?

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

To be totally honest I don't think that has too much to do with Diane Abbott. Stoke Newington is as Labour and Remain as it gets. I used to live there and know plenty of people who are not keen on Diane Abbott (including me) but vote for her as they see it as a party vote, not a personal one.

That may all be true but a 42,000 plus majority ! 

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

What a mess!

That's a U-turn Theresa May herself would have been proud of! ;)

29 minutes ago, Batman. said:

:lol:

Fickle much?

Labour only won 261 seats..

So Corbyn didntla

22 minutes ago, Paul said:

Chaddy you voted for this telling us how it would be good for you and your family. Don't complain you supported this mess.

What did people tell you? 

Labour didnt win the election tho. 

Only back to similar number of seats that Gordon Brown got 2010. Hardly a win.

Just now, dulwich said:

Already explained what I voted for. 

Just now, dulwich said:

Now apparently you didn't like either...

So explain again why you voted the way you did?

I didnt like any of the leaders..always said this. 

Just now, K-Hod said:

That's a U-turn Theresa May herself would have been proud of! ;)

Celebrating a win with 261 seats out of 650 seats. Hardly a win unless you cant add up ???

• Moderation Lead

Not celebrating anything Chaddy.

Just stating that's quite a U-turn based on your posts from the get go. You've done a massive 180 just now and it wouldn't take much trawling through this thread for you to end up with a hell of a lot of egg on your face. If you put your neck on the line like you have and as have many others, then you've got to be prepared to live and die by what you've said. It already sounds like you're unwilling to do so.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

So Corbyn didntla

Celebrating a win with 261 seats out of 650 seats. Hardly a win unless you cant add up ???

Is it still too difficult to admit that the party you voted for offered;

No costed manifesto

No concrete answers bar platitudes

Only fear tactics and smears.

Thankfully the people of this country have seen through it.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

What a mess!

Wow. You sound exactly like U-turn Theresa. She was your Queen 5 minutes ago. Every policy of hers was anything but awful to you.

Be a man, have some self respect and admit you were duped by the right wing media because you where too gullible to realise what was being put in front of you was just a load of tripe.

• Backroom

Chaddy, you have just said you didn'tlike May or her policies. So you voted for them based on...what exactly?

If you didn't like any of the options, a spoiled vote may have suited you (I'm not aiming to criticise, I just don't really understand your logic after being so pro-Conservative.)

• Moderation Lead

Tories lost 12 seats and Labour are 29 seats up.

But voter share is up for both parties. 

K-hod, if you trawl through the thread if you want too. I couldnt care less..

You today- 'I didnt like any of the leaders..always said this.' Which definitely isn't true, you've praised May on plenty of occasions.

Also you a couple of weeks ago- in response to me 'the person is as important to me as the policies'. While slating Labour and their MPs (which is fine, that's your right) and salivating over anything Conservative (also fine, that's your right to believe as you please).

:huh:. At least be consistent.

So, you've either 'changed your mind' after the event :rolleyes: or are lying.

So Corbyn didntla

Lol.

A great night for the Labour voters amongst us but the hard work starts now. We'll have to play our cards cleverly. I like Jeremy Corbyn as a campaigning politician, that's his strength no doubt about that. His record as a Parliamentary leader isn't as good, but in my opinion that has not been helped at all by the massed ranks of Labour MP's either sitting on their hands or actively working to oppose him. With his party behind him and the Tories in disarray things may change.

To the Parlimentary  party I say this - The backstabbing has to stop and it has to stop now. I'm sure Corbyn will offer a sincere olive branch to his opponents in the Labour Party. The whole Parlimentary party needs to shape up and get with the programme. Labour voters and party members will not take kindly to any more foot dragging by MP's on the right of the party.

The old Tory lite policies of the Labour Party have failed in the past,  the current anti austerity progressive policies have brought us a degree of success. Get behind your party !

So the Scots and Irish return the Tories to Downing Street - how ironic is that ?

Disappointed with the result. I wanted the Tories out. Labour is not in power, and the Tories will form a govt in the next 48 hours and then jettison May. 

How long that will last is anyone's guess but the DUP is pretty close to the Tories so the arithmatic works.

So near yet so far as far as I'm concerned. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What a mess!

Ludicrous comments in view of your previous support for May and Tory policies.

You're as weak and wobbly as May. 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

A great night for the Labour voters amongst us but the hard work starts now. We'll have to play our cards cleverly. I like Jeremy Corbyn as a campaigning politician, that's his strength no doubt about that. His record as a Parliamentary leader isn't as good, but in my opinion that has not been helped at all by the massed ranks of Labour MP's either sitting on their hands or actively working to oppose him. With his party behind him and the Tories in disarray things may change.

To the Parlimentary  party I say this - The backstabbing has to stop and it has to stop now. I'm sure Corbyn will offer a sincere olive branch to his opponents in the Labour Party. The whole Parlimentary party needs to shape up and get with the programme. Labour voters and party members will not take kindly to any more foot dragging by MP's on the right of the party.

The old Tory lite policies of the Labour Party have failed in the past,  the current anti austerity progressive policies have brought us a degree of success. Get behind your party !

Important to keep engaging with the country's youth and finding ways to encourage them to vote.

Labour also needs to form a new message to the Brexiteers in the north to get them back on board. There were a number of seats eg Mansfield and Middlesbrough that should never have gone blue last night. 

Canterbury made me laugh though. And it's a shame Amber Rudd survived; that would have made up for the disappointment of not winning outright. 

What a deaperate, despicable woman. Scramble around begging for seats in N. Ireland and then straight to the Queen to ask to form a Government.

Obviously doesn't dare face the people.

I can't wait for her crucifixion.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Very pleased to see the revival and surge of support for Labour. You have to wonder what could have happened if Corbyn hadn't had to fight his own party in recent times. 

I've woken up this morning quite incredulous at the Conservatives ability to screw things up for this country, mostly driven by self interest. 

We've had seven years of austerity which has achieved nothing. Cameron promised s referendum to appease his MPs in the belief it would be a remain vote.

When things don't go his way Cameron cuts and runs. Surprise, surprise the leading Tories who campaigned for Leave run away at the first opportunity. 

Next we get a PM who is now proven to be an incompetent liar who is effectively defeated at the first opportunity. 

Next week Brexit negotiations begin with a defeated, discredited and weak leader of a minority government leading the way. 

So thanks to the Tories we have austerity, a country woefully lacking in investment, our currency weakening, the economy heading for the toilet, our security forces severely weakened, a minority, toothless government and we are about to walk away from our largest trading market and our geographically closest neighbours. 

There are people out there who over the last seven years have actually voted for and supported this. Crazy. Totally crazy.

I forgot - a world class health service falling apart at the seams through cuts, underfunding and a lack of staff. 

Don't forget the debt! Supposed to be obliterated in Cameron's first term---the whole point of austerity supposedly.

Has it doubled or trebled? Can never remember.

Archived