BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

May's statement just goes to show how utterly out of her depth she is. Simple decency would have told her to step down immediately to secure what's left of her credibility.

Voter just screamed in her face that they want her out yet she clings to power as if nothing happened

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Another thing.

The DUP is a very right-wing party. Opposes gay marriage, opposes abortion rights, had to be dragged to the negotiating table with the North's nationalists, fully in favour of 'one nation' Brexit.

To me, this coalition looks like a hard Brexit wet dream, predicated on a non-existent mandate. Theresa May lost the election, the Tory platform failed, the people rejected a hard Brexit proposed in the Tory manifesto.

What do you have to do exactly to reject the hard Tory Brexit and the 'weak and wobbly' Theresa May ? Open a vein ?

No they're not Jim. They are in favour of an open border with the south and a soft Brexit. It would be difficult for them not to be given the overwhelming support for Remain in NI.

Isn't this just delightfully ironic?

How does the Daily Mail spin a May/Dup alliance when they've spent months smearing Labour with links to Irish terrorism...

You couldn't script this level of ridiculous.

Just now, Audax said:

Hate seeing an anti-semitic group rise to power.

Unless you've got some good examples, bar what Ken Livingstone (who's suspended) said - please leave the smears to Murdoch's mates. It obviously doesn't work in politics anymore!

Just now, DE. said:

DUP.jpg

Honestly cannot wait to hear someone try and defend this alliance.

My prediction is some more centric Torys will rebel and we will end up with a Labour minority government.

All those Blairites that have spent the last 2yrs trying to undermine and oust Corbyn should hold their heads in shame today, you're a disgrace to your party.

Even leaked the manifesto as a final 2 fingered salute to JC, or was it leaked on purpose? didn't do Labour any harm did it :D

Just now, Gav said:

All those Blairites that have spent the last 2yrs trying to undermine and oust Corbyn should hold their heads in shame today, you're a disgrace to your party.

Even leaked the manifesto as a final 2 fingered salute to JC, or was it leaked on purpose? didn't do Labour any harm did it :D

This.

He has performed unbelievably, and has single handedly rescued the party, as a man democratically voted into his position by the people. Twice.

• Backroom

To be fair Theresa May did warn of a coalition of chaos propped up by extremist Irish terrorist sympathisers.

She just failed to mention that she'd be the one leading it...

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I think there's a strong chance of a  second election this year and a Labour win. 

If there is another election I think the greater threat to Labour is voter fatigue. Corbyn has to keep this going and continue to build a huge groundswell of support. We can't wait five years, there won't be a country left to govern. 

2 hours ago, Gav said:

On the other hand, if May hadn't been so confident, this wouldn't have happened at all.

Hilarious outcome, for many reasons. 

Can't believe she made a run for the Palace before even having a cabinet meeting. 

Agree with Jim, Labour have to go for PR in future, the FPTP system is giving the Tories an unfair weighting.

I suppose the good thing overall is that we are now more likely to have a soft brexit.

What is needed, is as I said after the Brexit vote, is a cross party coalition of the best negotiators, working for the best deal for ALL of the population. I also imagine the harshest aspects of austerity will be scrapped too, as the party will recognise there's no appetite.

On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 08:56, chaddyrovers said:

Expect the tories to have around 400 MP's by 9th June with Labour around 150 and Lib Dem's around 20. 

I will be interested to see what policies are going to announce in the next few weeks. 

Wont be voting Labour as Corbyn is unelectedable and was picked by Big Len(unions leader) but nationally he cant will. If David Millband was in charge then I would listen to the policies. 

Dont like Tim Farron's comments this morning I was reading about homesexaully. Disgraceful tbh. 

So its like I will be voting Tories. 

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Well I'll hold my hand up, I certainly had BIG doubts about him, but you have to admit that people got behind him in big numbers. He had huge followings at his pre election meetings. One Labour Party member said at the time, that they didn't get turnouts like that during Blairs time.

Last night was incredible, so many factors at work. A PM needlessly going to the country for support for Brexit, which she had anyway. The Brexit situation itself meaning that the electorate was split before the election was called. A Labour Party split over a leader that 80% of its own MP's didn't want as leader. Corbyn himself the least popular leader ever according to opinion polls. Then we had Theresa May showing unbelievable arrogance from day one and throughout the entire campaign. Corbyn moved the party further left than its probably ever been, a move that many thought could never succeed, but a piece of the population tired of austerity embraced it. The Lib Dems offered a second Brexit referendum once the facts of exit were known, but couldn't persuade anyone to go along with it, even though they believed that 48% of the electorate would grasp at that.

so many factors, but the truth is it took the emergence of two factors to produce this situation. Theresa May, her arrogance and awful manifesto - along with an unrufflable Corby and his anti austerity offer. Without both of those occurrences, last night would never have happened. Without both of those, we would be looking at a Tory landslide.

IMO.

On 08/06/2017 at 00:16, DaveyB said:

In that scenario, would you be happy for your civil liberties to be taken away, to be detained indefinitely, knowing that some genuine bad guys had also been taken off the street, or would you prefer the authorities to investigate thoroughly and determine the bad guys from the good guys before they started locking people up?

If people were dying in large numbers like in the current climate and I had gotten close to people of dodgy repute, or spent time watching and researching dodgy videos online, or had travelled to areas which I knew were breeding grounds for terrorists, then yes I honestly think I wouldn't mind if it involved clearing my name. 

The problem with waiting to investigate fully is that people are dying before the investigation is completed and the good and bad guys are determined. 

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

If people were dying in large numbers like in the current climate and I had gotten close to people of dodgy repute, or spent time watching and researching dodgy videos online, or had travelled to areas which I knew were breeding grounds for terrorists, then yes I honestly think I wouldn't mind if it involved clearing my name. 

The problem with waiting to investigate fully is that people are dying before the investigation is completed and the good and bad guys are determined. 

The things is, you can ALREADY be detained and even jailed or deported for those things.

The PM needs to be questioned, until she answer (which she can't), on precisely WHICH civil liberties are getting in the way of stopping terrorism.

The problem isn't the powers the police and other agencies have, it the resources.they (don't) have. The whole civil liberties thing is about swiftly removing us from the ECHR (which has lots of pesky employment related provisions) without anyone questioning why. Terrorism is just the excuse, nobody can name a single human right that is getting in the way of stopping terrorism.

Tories + UKIP 44.2% 

Labour/ LibDems/ SNP 50.4%

That's on number of votes.

I think that shows the people are voting for anti-austerity and soft-Brexit.

Archived