BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Labour won 32 seats and still way off winning a majority and running the country.

if it was a great night why only 30 seats

here is 1 Labour MP not happy

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/not-good-enough-labour-ex-minister-blasts-jeremy-corbyn-despite-strong-election-performance/ar-BBColoo?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartanntp

so not the entire political world is it?

You have to remember where the party has come from. After Blair, Brown and Milliband - the party was at a low ebb.

180 members of parliament of the labour voting for a second leadership campaign, countless arguments and disagreements over direction.

This election was called to give the conservatives a 80+ seat majority. To quote Mrs May "If we lose 6 seats, Corbyn will be Pm". Well, you lost 16 and if it wasn't for Ruth Davidson, she'd already be gone.

If I was a conservative- this would be my opinion (speculation);

1. We need a new leader

2. We need a new team around them to get a proper manifesto costed and published.

3. We need new ways to engage with younger voters and tweaks to re-engage with older voters we've ostracised.

Labour had a great night - they haven't swung the vote like that for 50 years, it was unexpected and deserved for a good campaign that breaths some hope into politics for all not just the rich.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Biz said:

You have to remember where the party has come from. After Blair, Brown and Milliband - the party was at a low ebb.

180 members of parliament of the labour voting for a second leadership campaign, countless arguments and disagreements over direction.

This election was called to give the conservatives a 80+ seat majority. To quote Mrs May "If we lose 6 seats, Corbyn will be Pm". Well, you lost 16 and if it wasn't for Ruth Davidson, she'd already be gone.

1. We need a new leader

2. We need a new team around them to get a proper manifesto costed and published.

3. We need new ways to engage with younger voters and tweaks to re-engage with older voters we've ostracised.

Labour had a great night - they haven't swung the vote like that for 50 years, it was unexpected and deserved for a good campaign that breaths some hope into politics for all not just the rich.

"But you lost, I'm right."

Just now, Biz said:

1. We need a new leader

Blair won elections for them by having the right policies for the UK at that time#

Polls were wrong again and it becoming a habit. on Election night after 10pm, Daily Mail were reporting 96 seats majority.

I agree on all points you have mention. David Cameron could do that and had personal experience of the NHS and other things. But he know how to campaign and talk to young voters.

I would like to see George Osborne to return to the party and be leader. I expect Johnson or Davis to be the leader in 12 months time

Just over 2% difference in overall number of votes Chaddy. The fact that the Torys have altered constituency boundaries to give them a higher number of seats per vote is the key reason for the higher number of seats. 

Anyway, what's your opinion, after all your Corbyn / terrorism posts, about the Tories and the DUP? I presume you think it's an outrage, and that whoever agreed that should be nowhere near leading a party?

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I didn't like any of the leaders.

I like the Trident, NHS, Counter terrorism Police budget increases, Tories will be the best for Brexit talks.

But the Social Care policy were clueless and miss guided. Not proper thought out or researched.

But her campaigning was weak and couldn't connected to Voters. I haven't read the Manifesto but according to George Osborne is was the worst ever written.

Chaddy, genuine question, how do you know what the policies were if you haven't read the manifesto??

I'm not trying to catch you out, but you've baffled me and others with your stance.

You did rile me with your views on the NHS, and pay for nurses, but I'm genuinely interested where your views are coming from.

Blair won elections for them by having the right policies for the UK at that time#

Polls were wrong again and it becoming a habit. on Election night after 10pm, Daily Mail were reporting 96 seats majority.

I agree on all points you have mention. David Cameron could do that and had personal experience of the NHS and other things. But he know how to campaign and talk to young voters.

I would like to see George Osborne to return to the party and be leader. I expect Johnson or Davis to be the leader in 12 months time

I can't agree on Cameron. If it wasn't for May, Cameron would be the worst PM of recent times due to austerity and the referendum, and his reputation as a fan of pork....

Osbourne is a chancer Chaddy. He is culpable for a financial strategy that worsened the debt, stagnated growth and his poor remain campaigning made a bad situation worse.

If I was a Tory, I'd want a clean sweep, a more centric image and a potential coalition under a new leader with a less extreme party personally.

On 09/06/2017 at 15:12, Biz said:

Isn't this just delightfully ironic?

How does the Daily Mail spin a May/Dup alliance when they've spent months smearing Labour with links to Irish terrorism...

You couldn't script this level of ridiculous.

It's almost like ISIS are in power.

You've got The Conservatives under the pay of the Saudi Arabian filth. Then you add in another hard-line religious party (DUP).

Talk about heading back to the stone-age!

Just now, dulwich said:

Chaddy, genuine question, how do you know what the policies were if you haven't read the manifesto??

I'm not trying to catch you out, but you've baffled me and others with your stance.

You did rile me with your views on the NHS, and pay for nurses, but I'm genuinely interested where your views are coming from.

the honest answer is TV and newspapers.

Will I read the Manifesto in the next election? Yes I will. But at this current time and in the past month or so,  I have more important things to do like starting a new job, buying a house and everything to do with that like Mortgage and solicitors, spending time with Family and friends. Plus one or two other issues aswell.

I believe in the NHS and as someone with loads of experiences of NHS through personal experience and family/friends working in that sector and social sector.

Just now, Biz said:

1. We need a new leader

The thing is all that won't be in the Daily Mail so how can he find that out ?

Just now, Biz said:

I can't agree on Cameron. If it wasn't for May, Cameron would be the worst PM of recent times due to austerity and the referendum, and his reputation as a fan of pork....

Osbourne is a chancer Chaddy. He is culpable for a financial strategy that worsened the debt, stagnated growth and his poor remain campaigning made a bad situation worse.

If I was a Tory, I'd want a clean sweep, a more centric image and a potential coalition under a new leader with a less extreme party personally.

we will have to disagree on Cameron and Osborne.

B):lol::D

I have my views and certain people don't like it

What's your opinion on DUP / Tory coalition, given their relationship to terrorists?

Apparently there are going to be a few meetings organised between the Tories and the other side of terrorism  from over the water, to get on the same page regarding policy and the meetings will go under the umbrella of 

Conservative Unionist Negotiating Team Seminars

2 hours ago, Baz said:

What's your opinion on DUP / Tory coalition, given their relationship to terrorists?

Not in favour at all

May should have run with minority goverment and run a middle road of policies. 

On Brexit talks May and Davis should talk to Corbyn and his shadow brexit secretary should have talks about Brexit and what type of deal we want..

The country need to unite and both parties need to stop the politics and do what best for country. This is crucial time for us. 

Will it happen? No chance. 

But expect May out shortly with Johnson taking over. May has been a walking nightmare. 

Sinn Fein not happy this morning, accusing the DUP of betraying N. Ireland by going in coalition with the Tories.

So, by attempting to "crush and kill Labour once and for all (I'm paraphrasing Owen Smith)," The Conservatives have created a "coalition of chaos (something they said Labour would do)," with Northern Irish terrorists (something they said Labour would do), providing only instability and uncertainty (something they said Labour would do) with a Leader in an untenable position (something they said Labour had). 

This could be the end of that party for a long time. 

What will happen if Sinn Fein take those seats? 

More chaos ahead.

32 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Not on a predominantly left wing political thread for sure ;)

I admire your steadfastness to a lost cause though.

As harmless as he is, he doesn't really "have views." He just googles and finds views that he would like to have.

I prefer to thick of him as the "greatest ever comedic troll" rather than the "most hapless political forecaster."

In the Sunday Times, Airbus threatening to take wing production out of Britain and shift it to Germany if UK doesn't agree to free movement of workers around Europe and no tariffs on parts - something I forecast would happen last year.

May's version of Brexit is finished but how will a self-confessed "bloody difficult woman" work with the vested interests in the DUP to come up with a "softer" version that she clearly does not believe in?

Her position is untenable and sacking her "advisers" Timothy and Hill is like a football club sacking the coaches but keeping the manager after relegation. She needs to go very soon.

Archived