BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

Just now, Speedie Dived said:

Because education advances society. You know the car you drive to work and the internet that you are reading this on and planes that fly over your head? They don't just happen.

The golden rule of voting is never vote for yourself. 

Like I said before not everyone has to go to university but some do. I would like Businesses to be closer to universities to the top businesses in this country get their top people from university.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

People who go to university should pay for it themselves after earning so much. Whether they should pay 9k is a different story. 

You do know even if tuition fees got abolished maintenance loans would still exist and would still need paying back (once they earn so much, 21k at the moment). So nothing at all different to how it is now, just making it easier for the less fortunate to access the higher standard of education.

Please read up on the things you think you know about Chaddy, and you are clearly misinformed about a lot.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do they? 

I disagree there. 

As a person who declined to University due to lack of jobs in the field I was looking to enter. I took a different course and get a job and work my way up the job ladder 

So because you chose not to go to university you don't want to pay tax for it. Pretty selfish.

The truth of the matter is that university graduates on average earn more over their careers, and therefore more than pay their fees back in higher income tax over their lifetimes, funding those low earners. It's called society, a method whereby everyone benefits.

I'm a graduate, and would pay more tax to help fund free university education, as I think it's not fair for those who have benefitted (most MPs) to pull up the ladder and saddle our young people with massive debt to placate people like you.

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Oh give it a rest

A provided a link to unhappy Labour MP. Link wasnt with The Sun or Daily Mail. But you overlooked it. 

Labour didnt get a majority and was well short of it in all honest. 

No, you scraped around the bottom of the barrel and found something on MSN for crying out loud. A story no serious news carrier saw worthy of reporting. 

9 hours ago, cmb211087 said:

You do know even if tuition fees got abolished maintenance loans would still exist and would still need paying back (once they earn so much, 21k at the moment). So nothing at all different to how it is now, just making it easier for the less fortunate to access the higher standard of education.

Please read up on the things you think you know about Chaddy, and you are clearly misinformed about a lot.

He doesn't know the first thing about anything he talks about on this website, and I couldn't care less if me saying this leads to particular people criticising me.

He drags every single debate down to that of two half cut lower sixth students who argue based on the headlines they have seen.

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Just when you think it couldn't possibly get any worse, the unctuous Michael Gove returns to government.

Gawd help us

Horrible little pip squeak and his wife is just as bad. As my wife would say - " At least they're not spoiling another couple".

Worse news is the truly dreadful Esther McVeigh got back in at Tatton, George Osbourne's old seat. 

Survation poll today gives Labour a six percentage lead over the Tories. Puts Labour on 45% Tories on 39%.

she doesn't change does she? Theresa May said that she has "brought in talent from across the party".  The only person she's brought in so far is Michael Gove

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Horrible little pip squeak and his wife is just as bad. As my wife would say - " At least they're not spoiling another couple".

:lol: I'm keeping that!

5 hours ago, den said:

Survation poll today gives Labour a six percentage lead over the Tories. Puts Labour on 45% Tories on 39%.

she doesn't change does she? Theresa May said that she has "brought in talent from across the party".  The only person she's brought in so far is Michael Gove

With Labour now ahead in the polls, I can't see the Tories wanting another election any time soon.

Lots of open questions now:

• Should the Tories stick with Theresa May?

I can't see how they can win another election with her as leader.  She's shown that she can't campaign and, quite frankly, I think the British public just don't trust her anymore.  The problem is, who else wants to be the Tory leader right now.  I can't think of a worse time to be Tory leader - they've just lost their majority and are seen as arrogant and out-of-touch, their main opposition has risen from the dead and is suddenly gaining popularity with every day that passes, and there's the Brexit negotiations around the corner that are likely to be a disaster for the economy, whoever leads them.  The problem is, they may have to get someone as...

• How long can the minority government stay in power?

Not long in my opinion.  May will have her failure at this election thrown in her face every time she speaks, the arrangement with the DUP will be disastrous for Northern Irish politics and will lead to even greater discontent amongst the Tory back-benches, and the pressure should steadily build from the opposition parties.  Which leads me to...

• Can Labour unite behind Corbyn?

You would hope so now as Corbyn's position has never been stronger.  I hope Corbyn can offer an olive branch to some of the big beasts on the centre-left, not that they really deserve one, and they take it and form an even stronger shadow cabinet.  A united Labour party against the Tories now can only increase the pressure and lead to another election.  But, after saying that, do Labour really want to be the party that has to negotiate Brexit?  I'm struggling to see how any party can be seen as making a success of that.  Unless....

• Can a party bite the bullet and put together a cross-party Brexit team?

It would give everyone their say, it would potentially remove any extreme hard or soft Brexit scenarios, and it would get the party leading the negotiations off-the-hook somewhat as they could say it was a collaborative process.  Can't see it happening though.

Surely May shouldn't get to delay the Queens speech? Either she has a agreement, or not. If not, time to move aside.

The Brexit talks start next week, how on earth can this disaster of a PM and government be in a position to hold those talks, when they are still trying to work out if they have enough in common with the DUP to have some kind of workable agreement.

Farce.

For the sake of the country Corbyn should offer to form an interim government to get through the talks, and insist on a general election to be held once the deal has been formulated.

Sorry for the opt and paste, but I liked this one.....

"As Michael Gove becomes Environment Secretary, farmers say his first job should be stopping idiots running through wheat fields. ?"

On 11/06/2017 at 22:50, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said before not everyone has to go to university but some do. I would like Businesses to be closer to universities to the top businesses in this country get their top people from university.

Sandwich courses offer that, whereby you do a year's placement in a business before completing your final year.

However, employers generally don't like undertaking them. Put simply, the student more or less needs someone from that business dedicated to their training throughout the year. Alongside a part-salary that the business must pay to the student for the year, and the loss of staff manpower needed for their training, it ultimately costs the business more time and money than it's worth. From their point of view, they're better off just getting someone after they've finished their degree course, giving them a starting salary, and chucking them in at the deep end.

Perhaps the onus is on the government to encourage sandwich courses by compensating the businesses more for taking students on. I wouldn't bank on the "laissez-faires" Tories doing that.

5 hours ago, Steve Moss said:

You were right and I was wrong.  Kudos.

It was pretty obvious to people who live in the UK, which isn't a dig. Personally I wasn't surprised by Labour's success but was by the SNP losses. The momentum, direction and positivity created by Labour was such I was gutted we didn't actually win. The lack of those three attributes in the Conservative campaign and subsequent "government," if the current shambles can be called that, will result in at the least May being sacked and probably a second election.

Another two weeks of campaigning and Corbyn would be PM. 

If you say so. I don't agree but don't have time right now to respond other than to say wait and see. May for one is finished even the Tories acknowledge this. Did you listen to Heseltine yesterday?

• Moderation Lead

People don't even know why they think Corbyn is unelectable, the press just keep saying it and they keep repeating it. Pretty much every single quote he ever makes is taken out of context and used as a smear, that's the only joke.

Corbyn suggests housing victims of the London fire in a luxury empty tower block- Reported as 'Corbyn wants to give away all our money'.

Corbyn says it's a shame we should have to kill people 'Corbyn opposes shoot to kill policy'.

Also- the police cuts are very much related to the terror attacks. Think about it, if we still had the amount of officers cut in the force, don't you think we'd have had more resources to deal with those suspects in the London bridge attack? (who were known to Police and had been reported by his local Mosque and others).

May suffered a backlash because enough people saw through her weaknesses. So 'strong and stable' she wouldn't agree to a live TV debate with her 'unelectable' opposition.

The thing that people failed to predict was the power of social media news (which was key in Brexit/Trump elections, so quite a hell of an oversight, really) and enough people seeing through the rubbish spewed in The Mail/Sun/Express etc. Quite incredible that Corbyn got any votes at all, given he was up against all that.

Ahead of the election, I wasn't that into Corbyn, but he's won me and many others round.

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

1. Corbyn is unelectable and would never be PM.

2. Labour played politics

1. Hello Murdoch?

2. In a general election campaign? How dare they use politics.

• Backroom
6 hours ago, Steve Moss said:

You were right and I was wrong.  Kudos.

Eh as I said I don't know enough about it I was only going off the picture that was materialising 

Archived