BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blair won elections for them by having the right policies for the UK at that time

Best thing about discussion is it promotes a thirst for knowledge! When you said this yesterday, I never replied to it but I wanted to read up and see what helped gave Labour a huge landslide.

Didnt take much research to find two big differences between 1992/1997;

1. In the run up to 1997, regardless of Blair's policies, the conservatives had been involved in lots of corruption highlighted in the press. Cash for questions, Black Wednesday etc. 

2. The Sun supported the conservatives in 1992 but Labour in 1997.

Its quite evident just what a difference social media has made for the "new" new labour under Corbyn. A way of avoiding the press push in some ways, a way of getting out a message in a more direct way.

That front page with the list and the bin was shared and ridiculed. I think it did more damage  and if I was part of the Conservative party I'd want this discussion to be had- rather than this grotesque arrogant political tactic that may have worked in the past.

In terms of the DUP. The tories are talking about putting their differences (on homosexuality, LGBT etc) aside for "the greater good". Are the conservatives aware that these people see austerity and brexit very differently? 

To sum up the election in a nutshell; it was a failed political land grab.

To sum up this prospect of a DUP coalition; sheer desperation that could case chaos in the UK (NI including).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not in favour at all

May should have run with minority goverment and run a middle road of policies. 

On Brexit talks May and Davis should talk to Corbyn and his shadow brexit secretary should have talks about Brexit and what type of deal we want..

The country need to unite and both parties need to stop the politics and do what best for country. This is crucial time for us. 

Will it happen? No chance. 

But expect May out shortly with Johnson taking over. May has been a walking nightmare. 

Chaddy, - you know those "newspapers" that you always quoted on here, the mail, the sun etc - what would their headlines be like now if Corbyn was trying to patch together an agreement with the DUP?

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

Are you describing Osbourne or Cheston? #confused

What is the pork remark? Reference to your IS support again?

How the hell do they let you teach young people...

more importantly 

WHAT do you teach them?

obviously not to think and speak for themselves !

You will believe in climate change, vote labour and read the Quran

Think you need deporting !

You're out of order matey. I'm not religious in any way, shape or form but I respect the rights of others to worship as they choose just as long as the don't expect me to join in. I also refuse to debate with any one who needs the link between David Cameron and Pork explained to them.

31 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Agreed

google knows infinitely more than Batman who attempts to be a patronising bully... but his opinions only matter to himself. Big gob thats all

He says just before suggesting a fellow poster needs "deporting..."

2 hours ago, Biddy said:

So he does research and agrees with those views?

It's amazing how patronising you are just because you don't agree with him.

Research would lead to consistant views.

Chaddy goes with the wind - it's not that I don't agree with him, it's that he gives nothing consistant to agree or disagree with. Only that the tories should be in power, his reasons for which change on a daily basis, depening on what the Mail online says.

21 minutes ago, Biz said:

Best thing about discussion is it promotes a thirst for knowledge! When you said this yesterday, I never replied to it but I wanted to read up and see what helped gave Labour a huge landslide.

Didnt take much research to find two big differences between 1992/1997;

1. In the run up to 1997, regardless of Blair's policies, the conservatives had been involved in lots of corruption highlighted in the press. Cash for questions, Black Wednesday etc. 

2. The Sun supported the conservatives in 1992 but Labour in 1997.

Its quite evident just what a difference social media has made for the "new" new labour under Corbyn. A way of avoiding the press push in some ways, a way of getting out a message in a more direct way.

That front page with the list and the bin was shared and ridiculed. I think it did more damage  and if I was part of the Conservative party I'd want this discussion to be had- rather than this grotesque arrogant political tactic that may have worked in the past.

In terms of the DUP. The tories are talking about putting their differences (on homosexuality, LGBT etc) aside for "the greater good". Are the conservatives aware that these people see austerity and brexit very differently? 

To sum up the election in a nutshell; it was a failed political land grab.

To sum up this prospect of a DUP coalition; sheer desperation that could case chaos in the UK (NI including).

The Tories would have been thrashed  in that election if the  embalmed body of V I Lenin had been removed from his sarcophagus in Red Square  to be the leader of the Labour Party ! The vast majority of the country were absolutely sick to the back teeth of the Tories and all they stood for. There was nothing they could have done to prevent a landslide, they were like the proverbial " Dead Parrot " . Dead.

When the Sun backs Labour that tells you all you need to know.

42 minutes ago, den said:

Chaddy, - you know those "newspapers" that you always quoted on here, the mail, the sun etc - what would their headlines be like now if Corbyn was trying to patch together an agreement with the DUP?

Look at what I said. 

Take to take the polictics out of this. Country is divided and neither have a majority so time both unite through Brexit talks and get us the best deal we can. 

May will be gone in a few weeks imo. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Look at what I said. 

Take to take the polictics out of this. Country is divided and neither have a majority so time both unite through Brexit talks and get us the best deal we can. 

That wasn't what I asked you.

so after continually arguing that Theresa May was the best person to negotiate brexit, now that she's lost that argument, you want to take the politics out of it? 

TBH, I doubt Labour or anyone else are going to help save May or any other Tory leader. They're a broken party Chaddy.

Just now, Batman. said:

Research would lead to consistant views.

Chaddy goes with the wind - it's not that I don't agree with him, it's that he gives nothing consistant to agree or disagree with. Only that the tories should be in power, his reasons for which change on a daily basis, depening on what the Mail online says.

Oh give it a rest

A provided a link to unhappy Labour MP. Link wasnt with The Sun or Daily Mail. But you overlooked it. 

Labour didnt get a majority and was well short of it in all honest. 

Just now, den said:

That wasn't what I asked you.

so after continually arguing that Theresa May was the best person to negotiate brexit, now that she's lost that argument, you want to take the politics out of it? 

TBH, I doubt Labour or anyone else are going to help save May or any other Tory leader. They're a broken party Chaddy.

Depends what people voted for. 

Under new leadership and new middle of road policies the Tories would be a strong force. Expect Boris Johnson to be leader shortly. 

I wouldnt vote for Corbyn cos I dont agree with some of policies

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When the Sun backs Labour that tells you all you need to know.

Murdoch is a pragmatist; he sniffs the mood of the country and bends with the political wind. He saw the Tories were finished, plus Blair courted him assiduously in the run-up to 1997.

Deep down he's right wing though, and as he says he's never liked the EU because Brussels doesn't do what he says, whereas Downing Street does. 

Heavens knows how he'll position the Sun if Corbyn is clear favourite to win the next election.

Depends what people voted for. 

Under new leadership and new middle of road policies the Tories would be a strong force. Expect Boris Johnson to be leader shortly. 

I wouldnt vote for Corbyn cos I dont agree with some of policies

But you voted for the Tories despite thinking their policies this election are really bad? Your words the day after the election by the way

Heseltine reckons brexit won't happen now. Everything's up in the air. May lost the argument for her style of brexit, so doesnt that reinforce the argument that the people voting for leave didn't know what they were voting for? All they knew was that they had ticked a box on a ballot paper. There is no mandate for any particular brexit.

Just now, cmb211087 said:

But you voted for the Tories despite thinking their policies this election are really bad? Your words the day after the election by the way

Chaddy's the epitome of weak and wobbly. Done more U-turns that May.

On 6/8/2017 at 16:33, Biz said:

Thanks for this input. Sure as hell beats reading complaints, and I apologise for you got the sharp end, because lots of posters have been turning this and the Manchester Bombing threads into out and out racial hatred and intolerance, hence why the "tap on the head" comment was relatively mild compared to most.

I think I agree with your predictions TBH. I think May will fall on her sword though. I don't think I've ever seen a politician fall from grace so quickly without being embroiled in some sort of scandal(running through fields of wheat etc...)

I can't see the conservatives taking much of Scotland to be honest, whilst it may be predicted I just can't see many jocks voting for TM and her hard brexit.

I do think that lib dems could be wiped out but my democrat friend (a rare breed in the NW) has explained they could take a few marginal seats back, especially after the damage in 2015  with many being over the Clegg debacle.

Apology accepted.

Looks like we should both keep the day jobs; no much future in political punditry for either of us... 

9 minutes ago, cmb211087 said:

Already explained which policies I didnt like. 

Plus her campaigning around was pathetic. 

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Chaddy's the epitome of weak and wobbly. Done more U-turns that May.

Funny guy arent you. 

On 6/8/2017 at 23:11, joey_big_nose said:

Only two options if the exit poll is right. Either a coalition or another election.

Personally I think a national coalition between Conservatives and Labour could be possible in that eventuality as it would be such a total @#/? show and there would be no guarantee another election would return a strong majority for any party.

Been too busy to follow events over the last couple of days, but when I read that the Conservatives had chosen to get in to bed with a sectarian party that harbours apologists for terror and those that murder civilians and their political opponents, and provides a safe space for those who hold vile attitudes toward people of a certain religion - I assumed that's precisely what had happened...

2 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Are you describing Osbourne or Cheston? #confused

What is the pork remark? Reference to your IS support again?

How the hell do they let you teach young people...

more importantly 

WHAT do you teach them?

obviously not to think and speak for themselves !

You will believe in climate change, vote labour and read the Quran

Think you need deporting !

? oooosshhhh ?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good, she needs to go. She's out of her depth.

Whilst I voted labour, an impartial comment next. I watched several of the pre election debates and at times, there were looks of sheer horror on the faces of the participants of the two main parties when asked to explain and account for the financials regarding aspects of their manifestos.

Poor quality leaders and their side kicks, all around, I'm afraid.

Just now, Jeff said:

? oooosshhhh ?

Haven't you anything better to do than create fake profiles under different names? Even if you aren't one, if think it's acceptable to make those sort of comments, infact you applaud it, as far as I'm concerned you don't belong on this forum. 

I'm sure there is a forum nearby, where you can speak like that, use stereotypes from the 50s, group different races together and say a female MP "needs shooting" but it's not this one as far as I'm concerned.

to be honest all Parties are out of touch with real people and voters. I would enjoy one of 2 major party leaders to come to my house and let me asked them proper serious questions. Because these politicians have no proper idea what real life is about and what our lives are about

to be honest all Parties are out of touch with real people and voters. I would enjoy one of 2 major party leaders to come to my house and let me asked them proper serious questions. Because these politicians have no proper idea what real life is about and what our lives are about

Honest question for you Chaddy. What would it take for you to vote for Labour in the next Election which likely to happen later this year? As reading this thread their policies seemingly match your values a lot more than the toies' do

I emailed all the candidates for Hyndburn and only Graham Jones replied.

Just now, cmb211087 said:

Honest question for you Chaddy. What would it take for you to vote for Labour in the next Election which likely to happen later this year? As reading this thread their policies seemingly match your values a lot more than the toies' do

To be honest, I fed up of politics all together.

all parties are clueless and out of touch with real people.

I want a properly leader who believe in working hard, investing in education(up to 18 years old) and NHS/social care, owning my own house, tough on national security/laws and immigration. I want to go to work and work hard, so naturally I want to keep as much of my income as possible as I am the person who is working hard for it not these MP's who have expenses paid for them and second houses in London. I would love to see these MP's come and do my job and 12 hour shift. I wonder how much MP's have ever done a 12 hour shift in their lives. Probably not many.

Just now, Biz said:

I emailed all the candidates for Hyndburn and only Graham Jones replied.

that's no surprise. Graham Jones is a decent guy. I would love him to knock on my door but yet again no body ever does.

I might start

21 minutes ago, Biz said:

Haven't you anything better to do than create fake profiles under different names? Even if you aren't one, if think it's acceptable to make those sort of comments, infact you applaud it, as far as I'm concerned you don't belong on this forum. 

I'm sure there is a forum nearby, where you can speak like that, use stereotypes from the 50s, group different races together and say a female MP "needs shooting" but it's not this one as far as I'm concerned.

What planet are you from ??

The comments amused me. Not my fault you don't have a sence of humour.!

Btw it's my choice what I applaud and don't applaud! Not every one can jump on the biz bus I'm afraid.

Anything else you want to add feel free to pm me

Archived