BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

Possibly Mike but one would imagine the original policy of being prepared to step in should the club fail, be available for sale etc. is well established by now. 

I would view new directions as additional to this rather than a change of direction. 

• Backroom

My general feeling, having spoken to John and others who are members, is that the main idea is simply to get the club into safe hands, with or without Trust involvement :)

Just now, Mike E said:

My general feeling, having spoken to John and others who are members, is that the main idea is simply to get the club into safe hands, with or without Trust involvement :)

That's the reason why I am finally signing up at RT.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That's the reason why I am finally signing up at RT.

Ditto. One of its previous failings was the idea that it would reject a safe owner who didn't co-opt the Trust onto the board.

Safe club first! Trust involvement is ideal, ofc.

• Like 1

On 2 May 2017 at 4:43 AM, Paul said:

I'm disappointed by this article. I had understood from the pre-election discussion the intention was to move the Rovers Trust in a new direction. This is same old, same old. 

Yes, it should be proofread. 

Tbf John Murray only officially took over Monday from Wayne.

Christ Paul a proofread? It was fine unless being ultra picky!!!!! though I'm sure the RT will get or build numbers up of volunteers who'd fulfill that role!

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Christ Paul a proofread? It was fine unless being ultra picky!!!!! though I'm sure the RT will get or build numbers up of volunteers who'd fulfill that role!

Honestly, I was annoyed at the errors and let him know last night :P told him to send EVERYTHING through me to proofread first.

• Like 1

Just now, Mike E said:

Honestly, I was annoyed at the errors and let him know last night :P told him to send EVERYTHING through me to proofread first.

Why? I'd rather it cracks on with action if I'm being brutally honest, it's a trust not a cooperate enterprise 

• Backroom
Just now, Dunnfc said:

Why? I'd rather it cracks on with action if I'm being brutally honest, it's a trust not a cooperate enterprise 

It's the perception bad grammar creates, that's all. I'm offering a chance for it to be one less stick for folk to beat the new Trust with.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Mike E said:

It's the perception bad grammar creates, that's all. I'm offering a chance for it to be one less stick for folk to beat the new Trust with.

Exactly.

4 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

It's about perception. When I worked I was often struck by the poor standard of English in business emails in particular but also in other documents. Poor use of language is sloppy. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Paul said:

It's about perception. When I worked I was often struck by the poor standard of English in business emails in particular but also in other documents. Poor use of language is sloppy. 

Poor use of language also puts people off.  An example is CV's; I would, and do, relegate any CV to the bottom of the pile if it included spelling mistakes and poor grammar.  These are CV's for professional roles by the way.

8 minutes ago, preston blue said:

Poor use of language also puts people off.  An example is CV's; I would, and do, relegate any CV to the bottom of the pile if it included spelling mistakes and poor grammar.  These are CV's for professional roles by the way.

Go to the bottom of the pile PB :lol:

• Like 5

Just now, Michael Doherty said:

“So she took great interest in my feedback that, in the absence of a CEO, COO or Managing Director; the continued absence of the owners’ direct representative in the UK (and uncertainty as to his name and employment status) and the refusal of the owners themselves to engage with the process then the aims of her reform were not being met.”

Let's hope her 'interest' translates into something tangible that she can do.

Well done and thanks for keeping these issues alive.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Michael Doherty said:

A very encouraging read and thanks to all involved in the arrangements for the meeting to take place so soon after the RT election.

It is good to see that there are real 'can do' people involved at RT.

• Like 1

Excellent report on what was clearly a very worthwhile and productive meeting (and very well written, Michael, keep it up!).

Looking forward to further updates with the Trust being at the vanguard of Government action to clamp down on bad owners.

Leading to our terrible owners being held to account in some meaningful way somewhere down the line.

Regulation or legislation and accountability may be the tipping point that makes the Venky's feel it's not worth it any more.

• Like 3

Good work important to keep regular meetings of this nature, so the MP'S can actually get proper feedback from the fans rather than a seemingly censored version from the club.

(I note how certain she is re-election that's she is already setting up meetings for the future. :))

Excellent work Michael. Good to read that a Government Minister takes this seriously and will take on-board the story of our club with "seriously dysfunctional owners".

Would like to see some reaction in the (very) near future with the BRFC hitting the headlines for the right reasons.

• Like 1

On 2017-5-3 at 11:00 PM, Paul said:

When I worked, 

Subordinate clause.  We do that in year 3 these days.

Thank God it's a message board.

• Like 2

• Backroom
8 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

When I worked, 

Subordinate clause.  We do that in year 3 these days.

Thank God it's a message board.

You can TECHNICALLY leave the command out of that (although we teach putting it in), as it would be smoother to read. The lack of comma before the word 'but', however, is shocking!

I hate being a teacher; it makes me do this!

• Like 1