BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

40 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.roverstrust.com/2017/05/10/enough-is-enough/

The Trust certainly seem more willing to engage with supporters which is good to see.

I agree with this:-

5/ Keep supporting the team. This is when our loyalty as fans is sorely tested.

Unless, of course, you think that withdrawing your financial support might push Venky's nearer the (longed for)exit.

You may think that you are actually supporting your club by making that sacrifice, especially when it looks like they have mortgaged next years season tickets.....just saying.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Unless, of course, you think that withdrawing your financial support might push Venky's nearer the (longed for)exit.

You may think that you are actually supporting your club by making that sacrifice, especially when it looks like they have mortgaged next years season tickets.....just saying.

Not saying I disagree but where does that thinking get people though?

A little richer with the money saved? Probably spend it on something else.

Less stressful? Not really because the club is still going backwards, the results are invariably crap resulting in relegation and the NAPM guys still genuinely care.

More bitter? Probably. They are sacrificing something they love and because the majority don't agree that a boycott is the right thing to do, they aren't actually hurting Venkys.

Angrier? Almost certainly, and with the added bonus of being described as the main problem by certain sections of the support.

Seriously. As much as it is a matter of pride (perversely the same reason Venkys won't go either) is this simply a waiting game, hoping that Venkys will leave? How long will that continue to be the position - indefinitely?

Ironically most of our recent, more acute problems seem to be because Venkys have adopted a NAPM stance as well; whether by necessity or spite.

Well put, Stuart.

The main point of my post was that supporting the club does include the NAPM strategy. At a time, when season tickets have neen mortgaged and loans secured at alarming interest rates, surely "boycotting" is worth a try.

I do take your point about bitterness, anger, imprisoning yourself etc.I keep telling myself, though, that it is not about martyrdom. You can still select your home games without needing to use a cilice...Opus Dei Rovers, we are here lol

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

Main thing is to keep the fans together....we are really one family and many of us have been on a very long journey.

It is my observation that the NAPM supporters are hurting even more than us. Lennie and ABBEY just to mention 2 characters.

Think its still wise to pay for the new Season Tickets via credit card!!

• Like 3

Just now, mhead said:

Main thing is to keep the fans together....we are really one family and many of us have been on a very long journey.

It is my observation that the NAPM supporters are hurting even more than us. Lennie and ABBEY just to mention 2 characters.

Think its still wise to pay for the new Season Tickets via credit card!!

I guess that is the real point-inclusion. Nobody has a monopoly on angst and we are all one family.

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

I guess that is the real point-inclusion. Nobody has a monopoly on angst and we are all one family.

I once heard a comedian say he went to the Wailing Wall and couldn't get near it for Burnley fans. I guess that is now us.

Yes saw all those personal comments!!

" If you cannot stand the heat stay out of the kitchen"

Suppose I will have to stay calm or find a guy called Stuart Beardsworth in Rawtenstall who knows exactly what we Valley Blues did(with other Supporters Groups) to keep the Rovers afloat in the 1970s. RTID

• Like 1

What happened to all the fans groups that were plentiful in the 1970/80s?

Darwen Blues, Accy Blues, Valley Blues etc.

The London Branch are still fairly active- meetings etc. , but unlike a lot of other clubs our local groups seem to be long gone. Is re-setting them up something the Trust could look at? Could be vital in the future...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Just now, mhead said:

Yes saw all those personal comments!!

" If you cannot stand the heat stay out of the kitchen"

Suppose I will have to stay calm or find a guy called Stuart Beardsworth in Rawtenstall who knows exactly what we Valley Blues did(with other Supporters Groups) to keep the Rovers afloat in the 1970s. RTID

I'd like to know out of interest. And then you should sign up to the LT and tell the ignorant arsewipes on there what you did and what you are now doing.. It would shut a few up.

Don't let the b'stards grind you down. Keep on keeping on:)

Just now, Mattyblue said:

What happened to all the fans groups that were plentiful in the 1970/80s?

Darwen Blues, Accy Blues, Valley BLues etc.

The London Branch are still fairly active- meetings etc. , but unlike a lot of other clubs our local groups seem to be long gone. Is re-setting them up something the Trust could look at? Could be vital in the future...

Yes its a good idea Mattyblue and I would certainly want to hear from any of the further afield Groups or people keen to get together and be pro-active.

Speaking to a lead member of London Branch next week and went up to Edinburgh two weeks ago(keen to hear from Scots Rovers) and Steve Bradley is now on the Board from NYC.

Apart from inevitable relegation interviews I am still wanting to listen to active supporters(apart from beetlejuice in LT) in order to get a Rovers Regeneration plan together. Its like RALLY ROUND THE ROVERS again!

I think most fell apart from disinterest, but the club stopping 'officially recognising' any bar the disabled supporters group (early 2000s) won't have helped. I know the landscape has massively changed since then, with the formation of things like the Trust and BRAG, who are very much recognised.

if anyone wants to start one up again, we hopefully have a new feature launching on the site this summer that allow little sub-sites, specifically aimed at groups such as supporters groups. Like what we've previously done for BRANZ and NYC Rovers, only much better.

• Like 2

I don't remember, this was all pre-Venkys and feels like a lifetime ago. I remember some people being upset about it, including me who was in the process of setting up a branch for people exiled on the wrong side of the Pennines.

i may have a search back though old posts at some point to see if something jogs my memory

• 11 months later...