BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The AGM went very well. About 20 people showed up which considering all the aspects was excellent.

RH Tim Farron MP was awarded an honorary Trust membership, and was due to attend, however a late change of plan scuppered this ( prob Brexit or summat). 

Notes of meeting can be found below.

AGM

Edited by Ozz

• Backroom
Just now, Ozz said:

The AGM went very well. About 20 people showed up which considering all the aspects was excellent.

RH Tim Farron MP was awarded an honorary Trust membership, and was due to attend, however a late change of plan scuppered this ( prob Brexit or summat). 

Notes of meeting can be found below.

AGM

I think it was the Northern Rail fiasco.

• 3 months later...

Thanks Stuart. Top item in todays LT as well.

Clearly with the Club doing/acting much better in the last 18 months the RoversTrust is looking to re-set its relationship with the Club.

There still could be a sale and (unlike Blackpool) we do not want to be caught offguard by this. About 10 of the Trust's 800 members meet monthly to discuss strategy and actions. We have been doing a 'gap analysis' recently on which skills we do NOT have(eg Crowdfunding, Membership Development etc) and will be sending out a communication re this soon.

Personally, I have been 'lurking' intently on the Attendance thread and agreeing with most of the ideas. These we may take to the Club before Christmas.

Any one who is interested in the Trust's activities and future work plan can email me on  chair@roverstrust.co.uk

• Like 2

• J*B pinned this topic
On 10/10/2018 at 11:08, mhead said:

Thanks Stuart. Top item in todays LT as well.

Clearly with the Club doing/acting much better in the last 18 months the RoversTrust is looking to re-set its relationship with the Club.

There still could be a sale and (unlike Blackpool) we do not want to be caught offguard by this. About 10 of the Trust's 800 members meet monthly to discuss strategy and actions. We have been doing a 'gap analysis' recently on which skills we do NOT have(eg Crowdfunding, Membership Development etc) and will be sending out a communication re this soon.

Personally, I have been 'lurking' intently on the Attendance thread and agreeing with most of the ideas. These we may take to the Club before Christmas.

Any one who is interested in the Trust's activities and future work plan can email me on  chair@roverstrust.co.uk

Thankyou mhead. It's reassuring to know that there are folk out there sticking up for the fans.

I was just reading a few of the posts above. Then noticed they are from 2018. 3 bloody years ago - that itself is fairly depressing. I think it’s fairly safe to assume everything that was attempted then was totally ignored by the club or failed. For all the effort these lads from the trust, etc, put in during their own time it always amounts to nothing. Same crappy owners, same crappy manager, same crappy ceo and the club making the same crappy decisions for 11 bastard years. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, matt83 said:

I was just reading a few of the posts above. Then noticed they are from 2018. 3 bloody years ago - that itself is fairly depressing. I think it’s fairly safe to assume everything that was attempted then was totally ignored by the club or failed. For all the effort these lads from the trust, etc, put in during their own time it always amounts to nothing. Same crappy owners, same crappy manager, same crappy ceo and the club making the same crappy decisions for 11 bastard years. 

This is why what Roverite has been told, despite his best efforts, is almost certainly going to be nonsense.

You will notice that the new Board of the Trust has sponsored www.brfcs.com as a vital connection between the fans. We strongly believe that we have to collaborate together(usually used as a phrase against a visible enemy!). We are also sponsoring Radio Rovers and 4000 Holes. We hope to start a "Regeneration Fund" in the future......as much to safeguard the assets and  also celebrate our heritage. My own favourite is to crowdfund a Bob Crompton statue, but other ideas have been kids tickets for local schools and , obviously, a safe standing zone. We welcome ideas and particularly people wanting to join the Board....currently 5 elected and 2 non-exec, so 3 potential non-exec roles.

And some of the ideas from our Feb 2020 Marketing Prospectus(see Trust website) have been introduced.....but not at the speed required!!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Mhead2 said:

You will notice that the new Board of the Trust has sponsored www.brfcs.com as a vital connection between the fans. We strongly believe that we have to collaborate together(usually used as a phrase against a visible enemy!). We are also sponsoring Radio Rovers and 4000 Holes. We hope to start a "Regeneration Fund" in the future......as much to safeguard the assets and  also celebrate our heritage. My own favourite is to crowdfund a Bob Crompton statue, but other ideas have been kids tickets for local schools and , obviously, a safe standing zone. We welcome ideas and particularly people wanting to join the Board....currently 5 elected and 2 non-exec, so 3 potential non-exec roles.

And some of the ideas from our Feb 2020 Marketing Prospectus(see Trust website) have been introduced.....but not at the speed required!!

Is the crowd funding already underway?

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, lraC said:

Is the crowd funding already underway?

The only monies collected are everyone's annual tenners and the occasional extra donation.

We'd prefer to recruit someone as a board member to handle crowd-funding purely because none of us have any real experience in doing it properly.

If anyone is interested in helping us in this way, please do let us know 

• Like 3

• Herbie6590 changed the title to Rovers Trust
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Rovers Trust said:

It’s been quite the week so far. While today sees the club celebrate another anniversary, we are less than 48 hours removed from the worst result ever witnessed at Ewood Park.

Today’s comments from the manager only serve to highlight the disconnect between the supporters and those entrusted with the running of the club and their bosses.

Every single Rovers fan is acutely aware that it is no longer 1995, and of the clubs current state and the wider financial landscape of football. But on a day where the club are actively encouraging us to celebrate our illustrious 146 year history, we are also being instructed to be happy with our lot, to curb our expectations, to accept mediocrity.

Every Rovers fan wants to see us right the wrongs of the Fulham debacle this Saturday when Sheffield United visit Ewood. Unfortunately the clubs pricing initiative seems to have been met more enthusiastically by the away fans than those of the Rovers, as the steady erosion of the supporter base continues. The events of this week will not have done anything to halt this.

Recent happenings have only heightened our concerns around the lack of transparency, slow decision making processes, and absence of any clear strategy or vision. We would once again call for the Rao family to respond to our concerns highlighted in our letter dated May 14th.

If this is the only place you are making a statement you may aswell not bother.  Echo chamber this.  Hope to see this across the social media sites etc    

Now is the time for action Trust.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

If this is the only place you are making a statement you may aswell not bother.  Echo chamber this.  Hope to see this across the social media sites etc    

We need more people joining the Trust and less people carping from the sidelines.

• Like 8

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

And how are you going to help aside from telling volunteers what else they should be doing?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

And how are you going to help aside from telling volunteers what else they should be doing?

What's the point of having a "Rovers Trust" if they don't get right in the nitty gritty of it.  I'm sure I'd have a look if they organised a protest to get wallybrain out 

• Backroom
21 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

No point joining something that is silent....not a peep during last seasons death spiral 

They're all over this site Mark, had statements in local media, and on their various social media.

Don't fib.

As for your original demand, the statement is also on their other social media platforms.

So quite what you're sniping about, I don't know.

• Backroom
24 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

No point joining something that is silent....not a peep during last seasons death spiral 

They're all over this site Mark, had statements in local media, and on their various social media.

Don't fib.

As for your original demand, the statement is also on their other social media platforms.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Don't fib.

Fibbing? I've no axe to grind.🤷‍♂️

Not seen much myself so ill look forward to seeing a new concerted effort .