BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What this club means....

So I'm sat, right now, looking out of the window of Jack's Kitchen at the Ewood pitch.

It's a grassroots club Presentation evening and yes, I've had a few drinks. It's been a brilliant night and I've been honoured to be part of it.

But as I look out across the Ewood turf I can't help but feel a little melancholy. All of this was built by a man with a dream. But also a man with a legacy. This is his legacy.

Thanks to 'that lot' we are going to need to be a lot more functions like ours held here to avoid losing it. Certainly in the longer term.

Yes, it's a guilt trip. Yes, I get NAPM. But whatever my own feelings about the Venkys (and it's nothing but utter hatred) this is OUR club. OUR ground. In OUR town.

I would urge the NAPM crowd to put their hand in their pocket and pull out a tenner for the Villa game. Shout, vent, support, or just take in the sight of Ewood Park for our final Championship game. If that's what it proves to be.

One Love. One Rovers.

IMG_1395.JPG

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stuart said:

But whatever my own feelings about the Venkys (and it's nothing but utter hatred) this is OUR club. OUR ground. In OUR town.

IMG_1395.JPG

No it isnt, its a club you love a ground you love a team you support but its not YOURS if it was OURS then WE wouldnt be in this mess. Yes we will be here long after Venkys but the whole this is YOUR Rovers or OUR Rovers is BS.

For me NAPM not since we got turn over by Burnley have I been ( apart from West Ham in the cup last season but that was via work ) 

Sooner people realise its not YOUR/OUR club but we will be back when the chickenfarmers have clucked off then the easier this whole fiasco is.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

So I'm sat, right now, looking out of the window of Jack's Kitchen at the Ewood pitch.

It's a grassroots club Presentation evening and yes, I've had a few drinks. It's been a brilliant night and I've been honoured to be part of it.

But as I look out across the Ewood turf I can't help but feel a little melancholy. All of this was built by a man with a dream. But also a man with a legacy. This is his legacy.

Thanks to 'that lot' we are going to need to be a lot more functions like ours held here to avoid losing it. Certainly in the longer term.

Yes, it's a guilt trip. Yes, I get NAPM. But whatever my own feelings about the Venkys (and it's nothing but utter hatred) this is OUR club. OUR ground. In OUR town.

I would urge the NAPM crowd to put their hand in their pocket and pull out a tenner for the Villa game. Shout, vent, support, or just take in the sight of Ewood Park for our final Championship game. If that's what it proves to be.

One Love. One Rovers.

IMG_1395.JPG

Excellent post Stuart. Couldn't agree more.

I understand the motives of the NAPM brigade but if it were any other walk of life and a "normal" conventional business, people would quite happily accept that the undertaking could not survive on fresh air with no income.

We have to keep the Club going and not let the nuggets  (Venkys) beat us.

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

One Love. One Rovers.

IMG_1395.JPG

Not just one man with a dream I will add. 1875, founder members of football league and premier league and no respect for the clubs history. 

An insult to every owner, manager, player and fan who ever cared about this club. 

The worst aspect of all this, for me, is that the fans have been divided and we will have fallen from Premier League stability to League One with barely a whimper. A very small percentage have got off their arses and tried but the vast majority have just stood there and let it happen. Very sad. Tears will be running down Jack's cheeks now as much for that as the appointment of Venky's. The great man has been let down badly.

5 hours ago, booth said:

Not just one man with a dream I will add. 1875, founder members of football league and premier league and no respect for the clubs history. 

An insult to every owner, manager, player and fan who ever cared about this club. 

...and the only team to be winners of both.

Venky's have shat all over a unique history.

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I understand the motives of the NAPM brigade but if it were any other walk of life and a "normal" conventional business, people would quite happily accept that the undertaking could not survive on fresh air with no income.

Erm, if it was any other walk of life it would be shut now as everyone would be shopping/drinking elsewhere now as the product and ownership is diabolical. Luckily for them, and its what they prey on, football for fans isn't a business and fans will take a lot of abuse from a club that cares not one jot about them. As they know you have one club love in life, its like a drug. Hence there are still 9000 willing to accept being taking the whizz out of for their habit.

BUT there comes a breaking point for everyone and it is becomming pretty tiresome to read the same vieled and openly brazen blaming of the fans who have had enough of the scum that run the club and the thieves on the pitch.. It makes me want to puke to be fair.

THE CLUBS SUPPORTERS HAVE ZERO PERCENT OF THE BLAME FOR THIS MESS

Time for some to let this sink in.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its a club that.means the world to me. It has some great life memories for me. 

I will keep going to Ewood Park for many years to come to support my club. 

This is my club, this is your club. 

The club means the world to all of us.It meant the world to me before you were even born.You keep saying this stuff and I keep pointing out that it's not within your power to make that promise to yourself.

As things stand, if Venkys close us down, you will not be able to attend Ewood Park, whether you like it or not. That's why people are trying to get rid of them, whereas you just turn up and cheer on the lads.

At that point, unless someone minted and mental turns up,we will probably depend on on wealthy Rovers supporters and their business colleagues and activist fans eg the Trust and other groups.

You couldn't even be bothered to hold a red card up or walk out after 75 minutes.

I'd ignore you for the most part but when you start preaching at us then I find it too much to take.

Just now, 47er said:

The club means the world to all of us.It meant the world to me before you were even born.You keep saying this stuff and I keep pointing out that it's not within your power to make that promise to yourself.

As things stand, if Venkys close us down, you will not be able to attend Ewood Park, whether you like it or not. That's why people are trying to get rid of them, whereas you just turn up and cheer on the lads.

At that point, unless someone minted and mental turns up,we will probably depend on on wealthy Rovers supporters and their business colleagues and activist fans eg the Trust and other groups.

You couldn't even be bothered to hold a red card up or walk out after 75 minutes.

I'd ignore you for the most part but when you start preaching at us then I find it too much to take.

Hear hear

3 hours ago, 47er said:

Firstly I don't even read your posts cos I don't agree with much of what you say

Hold a red card or walk out after 75 minutes achieve what? Nothing at all. Did Venkys even notice? People have been boycotting and protesting for 6 years and they still here. It had no proper affect on them.

Also Attending games is preaching now? Oh I sorry for attending games. wait a minute I aint. I will be attending games next season and seasons to come. If you don't want to then don't but don't start telling me what to do cos you wont. Brentford away tickets booked

Biggest load of @#/? even you have ever written! Don't get the first sentence but apparently you don't read my posts and have!

Secondly, the 1875 thing wasn't organised in the expectation that it would alone get Venkys out. its one small part of a long process. In any case it was organised deliberately to try to bring us all together---you think Birdie doesn't love Rovers? and since it involved so little it was a plan that everyone could participate in.

You, the passionate Rovers fan, couldn't even hold a red card up.

No, attending games isn't preaching  but you were telling others what to do weren't you?

Finally, you've got your Brentford ticket and I hope you enjoy it and I hope we win.

But frankly, if all supporters are like you we are stuffed.

EDIT--you've tidied the first sentence up Chaddy, there's a first! Makes my post look a bit odd, as if I was thick or something!

Just now, 47er said:

Biggest load of @#/? even you have ever written! Don't get the first sentence but apparently you don't read my posts and have!

Secondly, the 1875 thing wasn't organised in the expectation that it would alone get Venkys out. its one small part of a long process. In any case it was organised deliberately to try to bring us all together---you think Birdie doesn't love Rovers? and since it involved so little it was a plan that everyone could participate in.

You, the passionate Rovers fan, couldn't even hold a red card up.

No, attending games isn't preaching  but you were telling others what to do weren't you?

Finally, you've got your Brentford ticket and I hope you enjoy it and I hope we win.

But frankly, if all supporters are like you we are stuffed.

Long process? Its been 6 years now and Venkys any closer to going? Nope! 

What did the red card achieved? How many Rovers fans did it? 

Each Rovers fan has a choice to make. But looking at fans in Ewood they appear to have made their choice. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Give it rest Stuart for once. 

No Chaddy. How about you give it a rest "for once". Have you any idea how much you are protected on here and how many people have to bite their tongue due to your utter utter %#^*]$. Yet you play the superfan card time and time again, followed by "I never said I was a superfan".

STFU with your posts defending what people at the club have done and continue to do at the club's expense. All along with your "we are doing well and just unlucky" BS.

You have no clue just how irritating you are. But if you are going to dish it out be prepared to get some back.

Archived