SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tedious Pro/Anti Protest Thread

Baz

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

very good on getting the meeting with the sports minister Rovers trust board but I don't what she can really do tbh apart from said she understand your concerns.

The government aren't interested in Football. as long as the football clubs paid the taxes and national insurance on time the Government are happy

Look at how many MP's turned up to the Football debate last time. 30 MP's at most.

The FA will say that Venkys have done everything correct and not broken any of their rules.

Like others have said previously it sounds like the same thing that Glen Mullan, BRFCAG and MP's did 4 years ago

What have you tried Chaddy? You seem only to be anti anything anyone tries.

Just now, Baz said:

What have you tried Chaddy? You seem only to be anti anything anyone tries.

In all honestly I dont know. 

But the government arent interested. 

Like Glen said it been done before. Nothing happen. 

Is the Prime Minister bother about football? Nope. 

I applaud the effort made but nothing will come of it. We now in a general election and MP's wont be bothered Blackburn Rovers or other clubs. But getting re-election and majority in the house of commons

Just now, lraC said:

Just as a matter of Interest, do you think they should give up with this, it pursue it? Also have you ever got involved in anything to try to highlight the clubs plight?

Thanks

Did you read my second sentence? There are only 2 of them, so it shouldn't prove that difficult. I said I wish them the best and will be following the meetings. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Did you read my second sentence? There are only 2 of them, so it shouldn't prove that difficult. I said I wish them the best and will be following the meetings. 

You wished them the best of luck, but didn't state that you thought they should proceed or otherwise, I am only asking. Also you may not want to answer my second question, but have you?

Just now, lraC said:

You wished them the best of luck, but didn't state that you thought they should proceed or otherwise, I am only asking. Also you may not want to answer my second question, but have you?

I wished them luck and said that I will be following what happens. Would that not suggest to you that I wish them to proceed? 

I wished them luck and said that I will be following what happens. Would that not suggest to you that I wish them to proceed? 

Yes I would, thanks for confirming. Have you ever got involved in anything?

I live in Ireland, so not much going on here. I spread the word to friends who are fans of other clubs as to what has happened here, for what it is worth. 

Cheers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Didnt it acheived anything? Nope. Are Venkys leaving now cos of it. Nope. 

Are Venkys leaving now cos of it??

The concept has been explained to you many times.

The 18/75 was a very simple opportunity to show people the depth of feeling amongst Rovers fans.

The answer?

Well, we don't feel that strongly about it at all. We aren't interested in showing a united front. In fact, we'd much rather just watch the match and we'll be out of your way, dothing our caps as we shuffle out of Ewood. At 95 minutes, not 75 - cos we might miss a goal (between leaving our seats and getting to the concourse).

Can you imagine the conversation with the Sports Minister? You know, that meeting that you have also pooh-poohed as pointless?

"So gentleman, excellent presentation, how many fans feel this way"

"Oh, thousands."

"How many people attended the recent march?"

"Well, a couple of hundred. It was a bit overcast and cold."

"How about the 18/75 protest that I read about?"

"Similar"

"Out of 12,000 fans?"

"Well, erm, we believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion so we try not to cajole people too much in case they..."

"BEND OVER?? I'm not sure this is a good use of my time."

But thanks for your support, Chaddy.

(Of course now I've said that it'll be the fault of the protesters again - JBizzle, Rev or Parson will be along in a bit to confirm).

Just now, den said:

You have no idea whether it's affecting the owners Chaddy.

still here. did they notice or even care about the protest?

Just now, Stuart said:

The 18/75 was a very simple opportunity to show people the depth of feeling amongst Rovers fans.

Well, we don't feel that strongly about it at all. We aren't interested in showing a united front. In fact, we'd much rather just watch the match and we'll be out of your way, dothing our caps as we shuffle out of Ewood. At 95 minutes, not 75 - cos we might miss a goal (between leaving our seats and getting to the concourse).

Can you imagine the conversation with the Sports Minister? You know, that meeting that you have also pooh-poohed as pointless?"

(Of course now I've said that it'll be the fault of the protesters again - JBizzle, Rev or Parson will be along in a bit to confirm).

Yet again Ive have many times explained my stance on the 1875 protest but yet again you and your little gang cant move on and always going back to it. Like a broken record

Meeting the sports minister? The meeting has been done 4 years ago. They listened and said the right things to the group. But like I said the FA and Government aren't interested cos no laws have been broken by Venkys. Do you really think the Prime Minister May really give us a toss about football? Nope. Like I said yesterday as long as football clubs pay the taxes and national insurance on time the Government is happy. The FA and FL have said that they are aware of our concerns but no rules have been broken so cant do anything

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Didnt it acheived anything? Nope. Are Venkys leaving now cos of it. Nope. 

Glen Mullan comments are right. We are stuck with venkys till they decide to leave

it achieved...getting more visibility amongst other fans and in the media so yes it did achieve something

51 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Are Venkys leaving now cos of it??

The concept has been explained to you many times.

The answer?

Can you imagine the conversation with the Sports Minister? You know, that meeting that you have also pooh-poohed as pointless?

"So gentleman, excellent presentation, how many fans feel this way"

"Oh, thousands."

"How many people attended the recent march?"

"Well, a couple of hundred. It was a bit overcast and cold."

"How about the 18/75 protest that I read about?"

"Similar"

"Out of 12,000 fans?"

"Well, erm, we believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion so we try not to cajole people too much in case they..."

"BEND OVER?? I'm not sure this is a good use of my time."

Please don't refer to me, my views are nothing but my own. That's a kind request, if you carry on it won't be.

• Backroom

Earlier in the thread chaddy said he applauded any efforts - I can almost guarantee he didn't applaud the 18/75 protestors as they made their way in or out, the comments in this thread show as much.

7 hours ago, Biz said:

Please don't refer to me, my views are nothing but my own. That's a kind request, if you carry on it won't be.

Is that supposed to be a threat?

You are posting on a public forum, bub. You are sharing your views with other people.

Couple of points

1) I thought the 1875 protest was excellently attended (well it was in the Blackburn End), with many participants that wouldn't ever be on marches

2) Chaddy won't ever change his views, so why get so wound up about it? Maybe Cov/Charlton's support have a number of Chaddy's? Does it matter? Carry on regardless and leave him to it!

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Earlier in the thread chaddy said he applauded any efforts - I can almost guarantee he didn't applaud the 18/75 protestors as they made their way in or out, the comments in this thread show as much.

Everyone made their choices. I was very open and honest why I wouldnt take part. Maybe I should stop being open and honest and just ignore all questions. 

Why the obsession on me all of the time

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Couple of points

1) I thought the 1875 protest was excellently attended (well it was in the Blackburn End), with many participants that wouldn't ever be on marches

2) Chaddy won't ever change his views, so why get so wound up about it? Maybe Cov/Charlton's support have a number of Chaddy's? Does it matter? Carry on regardless and leave him to it!

Rev make good points on why they are obsess by me. Maybe it true. I dont know

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Everyone made their choices. I was very open and honest why I wouldnt take part. Maybe I should stop being open and honest and just ignore all questions. 

Why the obsession on me all of the time

Rev make good points on why they are obsess by me. Maybe it true. I dont know

It's not an obsession. People respond to what you post. Another one who doesn't know how forums work.

As for 18/75 Matty. I was one of about half a dozen people who did the 18 and even less for the 75. Maybe the BBE area you are in did it but from the outside looking in it wasn't heavily subscribed. The majority were still sat on their hands. It's not even as though they were getting behind the lads FFS.

They were well chuffed when the equaliser went in so they had someone else to blame but Coyle.

Archived