BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tedious Pro/Anti Protest Thread

Baz

Honestly Stuart, the Blackburn End concourse was packed, it reminded me of a half time in the Premier League era. Folk who'd never marched in their life were down there. 

It was a great turnout, the best you'll get and certainly comparable to anything Coventry et al have mustered.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Is that supposed to be a threat?

You are posting on a public forum, bub. You are sharing your views with other people.

Quite right,J Biz has been a bit silly and immature there. :)

• Backroom
39 minutes ago, Steve1 said:

I think you all need to leave chaddy alone..hes not doing any harm..what I read on here half the time is just disrespectful..hes got his views like everyone else has..we can't all be the same.!!! 

I rarely call anyone out on here but it's silly to pretend you support others for trying when in reality it's not the case - 18/75 was an easy way to show that.

43 minutes ago, Steve1 said:

I think you all need to leave chaddy alone..hes not doing any harm..what I read on here half the time is just disrespectful..hes got his views like everyone else has..we can't all be the same.!!! 

To be fair Chaddy gives as good as he gets and defends his position, wrongly but that's only my view.

He does get flak but can also be just as disrespectful to others.

At least he still pops his head above the parapet to be shot at whereas others of like mind appear to have gone on their hols.....no doubt to return saying that 'we are where we are, we have found our true level' and other such untruths.

Usually I just observe this banter but have to say I am bored titless by it being in and disrupting just about every thread.

5 minutes ago, Steve1 said:

Exactly and he's always the one getting it all...i don't read half of it..he probably feels he must stick up for himself..and so he should..if people don't like what he says just press the ignore button then all this childish behaviour should stop..just give it a rest and behave like the gentlemen your ment to be.

Chaddy has strong views and is quite happy to air them, so why those views should be ignored, I honestly don't know.

for most part, Chaddy hasn't bothered me at all. Recently I've had a couple of exchanges with him and can now appreciate why people get frustrated with him. 

1 hour ago, Steve1 said:

Yes which is fair enough...press the ignore button though so the rest of us don't see your frustrations 

It's not rocket science 

We're in the wrong thread here, so apologies to everyone for that.

I see no reason to put Chaddy or anyone else on ignore, so...... having accepted that we don't know what effect the fans views/actions etc have on the owners (and I personally believe if they know about them, it affects them to some degree - whatever that is) why would any fan be so against demonstrating their views in even the mildest manner? 

14 hours ago, Stuart said:

Are Venkys leaving now cos of it??

The concept has been explained to you many times.

The 18/75 was a very simple opportunity to show people the depth of feeling amongst Rovers fans.

The answer?

Well, we don't feel that strongly about it at all. We aren't interested in showing a united front. In fact, we'd much rather just watch the match and we'll be out of your way, dothing our caps as we shuffle out of Ewood. At 95 minutes, not 75 - cos we might miss a goal (between leaving our seats and getting to the concourse).

Can you imagine the conversation with the Sports Minister? You know, that meeting that you have also pooh-poohed as pointless?

"So gentleman, excellent presentation, how many fans feel this way"

"Oh, thousands."

"How many people attended the recent march?"

"Well, a couple of hundred. It was a bit overcast and cold."

"How about the 18/75 protest that I read about?"

"Similar"

"Out of 12,000 fans?"

"Well, erm, we believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion so we try not to cajole people too much in case they..."

"BEND OVER?? I'm not sure this is a good use of my time."

But thanks for your support, Chaddy.

(Of course now I've said that it'll be the fault of the protesters again - JBizzle, Rev or Parson will be along in a bit to confirm).

To be fair, it the 18-75 protest had a decent amount doing it, thousands for sure. Plus we got our message across loud and clear on Sky.

Just now, den said:

We're in the wrong thread here, so apologies to everyone for that.

I see no reason to put Chaddy or anyone else on ignore, so...... having accepted that we don't know what effect the fans views/actions etc have on the owners (and I personally believe if they know about them, it affects them to some degree - whatever that is) why would any fan be so against demonstrating their views in even the mildest manner? 

Same here. I have never knowingly put anyone on ignore. That would be to give far too much credit to them.

Plus I want to see how deep the holes they are digging are.

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

It's not an obsession. People respond to what you post. Another one who doesn't know how forums work.

As for 18/75 Matty. I was one of about half a dozen people who did the 18 and even less for the 75. Maybe the BBE area you are in did it but from the outside looking in it wasn't heavily subscribed. The majority were still sat on their hands. It's not even as though they were getting behind the lads FFS.

They were well chuffed when the equaliser went in so they had someone else to blame but Coyle.

Attitude problem you have. 

You keep saying it not like they were getting behind the lads. How dont know when you were there? 

The fans werent at fault for David Edwards goal for Wolves but Coyle's inept tactics and defensively organise. 

4 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Chaddy didn't protest as he was allegedly threatened.

Yet again like I said before. I have fully explain my reasons for not doing it. I was open and honest. I think I will stop being so. But I cant believe you are still going on about me and this protest over 6 months later. 

2 hours ago, Steve1 said:

Exactly and he's always the one getting it all...i don't read half of it..he probably feels he must stick up for himself..and so he should..if people don't like what he says just press the ignore button then all this childish behaviour should stop..just give it a rest and behave like the gentlemen your ment to be.

Agree 100%

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

At least he still pops his head above the parapet to be shot at

Usually I just observe this banter but have to say I am bored titless by it being in and disrupting just about every thread.

Like I said before I have been open and honest. Maybe Ive been too open and honest for my own good. Maybe I be better lying on here. 

I posted this yesterday about being bored of keep going over the same thing time after time. I can't believe people are still going on my view/stance on 1875 protest that happen over 6 months ago. 

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Same here. I have never knowingly put anyone on ignore. That would be to give far too much credit to them.

Plus I want to see how deep the holes they are digging are.

I'm afraid that,on that basis, I've given a few posters enormous credit! Its the only way to stay sane (just!)

Just now, Stuart said:

Always the victim but you make this sort of post again and again.

How about answering some of the questions I've posed?

Nobody is playing the victim here.

Ive explained my opinions/stances on the 1875 protest/other protest/boycotting/meeting the Sports minister and why nothing will happen/Mowbray's future/ matches/tactics and signings. 

I have been more open and honest than most posters on here. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Nobody is playing the victim here.

Ive explained my opinions/stances on the 1875 protest/other protest/boycotting/meeting the Sports minister and why nothing will happen/Mowbray's future/ matches/tactics and signings. 

I have been more open and honest than most posters on here. 

Well you haven't answered either of my questions on here.

Can't remember which thread it was on Chaddy but a couple of days ago you said something along the lines of you "ain't bothered or interested anymore" about people's (perceived) digging you out. Now it's certainly not the first time you've made statements like this but it would be great if you followed through with this one this time.

(Re responding to posts you "ain't bothered or interested in anymore")

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

Is that supposed to be a threat?

You are posting on a public forum, bub. You are sharing your views with other people.

Public football forum, not a public insult forum. I had nothing to do with your "discussion" with Chaddy, you only name dropped me and others because you want a reaction. 

What did you think I meant? I'll see you in Mcds car park on Saturday? :) Don't be silly Stuart, I might find your posting unbelievable at times but I do respect your views (when they are on football, and not the problems you have with other fans) 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Post them again then I will answer them. But if they are about any of above then I probably have answered them in the past months

Why didn't you wait until nearer the early bird offer deadline before purchasing your season ticket?

It was clearly explained that buying early would be easing the owners financial burden.

Why would you want to help the owners and then brag about it?

34 minutes ago, AggyBlue said:

Why didn't you wait until nearer the early bird offer deadline before purchasing your season ticket?

It was clearly explained that buying early would be easing the owners financial burden.

Why would you want to help the owners and then brag about it?

I was at Ewood Park and renewed it.

what the big issue?

you do the best for me and I focus on myself. I getting fed up with people keep telling me what to do.

Strange isn't it, I came on this thread to defend the point that Chaddy and one or two others where actively having a go at the people who had organised the meeting with sports minister, because they said nothing would happen, I asked Chaddy what he had tried. And now two days later we are in the position of people trying to 'defend ' Chaddy.

Maybe he shouldn't have come on the thread making assertions that he had no evidence for in the first place? That way we could be debating the meeting instead of Chaddy?

On Monday, April 24, 2017 at 1:06 AM, Michael Doherty said:

Thanks for the comments about the forthcoming meeting – both the positive and the sceptical. The news post to the Trust website did set out what we want to achieve within the meeting, but there have been relevant questions here about what we want the overall outcome to be, what the Sports Minister can actually do, etc …

I am realistic. Whatever the outcome is, it is likely to be limited, but that does not mean it will be useless. We all do what we can to protect the club we love, don’t we?

Take the last Structured Dialogue Meeting with the club. The Action Group could put its points directly and bluntly to Cheston on the feelings of fans about his role. Others, on the back of effective research, could extract information about the short-term financing situation. That meeting is not going to directly lead to Venky’s leaving; but would we rather that senior staff are put on the spot about the mismanagement of the club, or that they are spared that indignity? Would we rather find out about some of the alarming financing arrangements or not? The meetings are not perfect, but not useless.

And coming back to the point …

Why did Blackburn Rovers hold that meeting? It was because nationally some supporters’ groups had pushed their concerns about engagement with their clubs. They lobbied, asked for meetings, got the support of FSF and Supporters Direct. Collectively they persuaded the Sports Minister, Tracey Crouch, to set up an Expert Working Group on Football Supporter Engagement and Ownership. When it reported and recommended structured dialogue meetings, she was supportive of the proposal and secured the agreement of the PL / EFL. As the supporters’ trust for Blackburn Rovers we cannot afford to turn down the opportunity of meeting with the person who can effect change in football regulation.

So, I don’t know what the eventual outcome of the meeting will be. Our proposals are consistent with the line taken by FSF /SD, and we have the added insight of being at the sharp end of shortcomings in football regulation. We might be able to nudge the debate along a little; it is a long way from perfect but we’ll do what we can.

This is what we should be discussing.

Archived