BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Game: Aston Villa (H) Saturday 29th April, Kick off 15.00

Just now, Tom said:

You've literally just posed someone else's opinion as yours down to the cartwheels

40lSE3h.png

Edit - I hope someone screenshots this post and tweets it - Inception!

I thought Mardows didn't like this sort of confrontation? But what kind of small-time fool replies to a post on here on a different media? Is he banned or just so wet he can't actually debate the point?

Although saying that, I thought content that I post on here was copyright of me personally. Am I allowed to instruct my solicitor? I'll have to check with her on Tuesday... cheers for the heads up Tom.

As for Chaddy: meh. I expect he's never had an original thought in his life.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we played well today considering the respective talent in the two squads. For once we wanted it more. Mowbray got his tactics spot on and restricted Villa to  not much more than couple of pot shots.

Raya - 7 - Didn't have much to do. Can only remember one save in the first half but he dealt with the crosses well and his kicking was decent. Thought he was composed overall.

Nyambe - 6 - Stuck to his wing-back task, defended pretty well and got forward on a few occasions to win us corners and relieve a bit of pressure towards the end. Not the finished article by a long stretch but used his physicality to good effect. His distribution needs to improve.

Williams - 7 - Decent game in the middle of a back 3. Defended well and when he did get forward he put some decent crosses in.

Ward - 7 - Calm and assured. Looked a lot better than against Bristol City, probably due to better match-fitness.

Mulgrew - 8 - We look so much better with him in the team. Left side of the back three and not much got past him. His passing was good and he knows when to put his foot through it and when to keep it. Intelligent player who if we stay up we really need to keep.

Lenihan - 8 - Won everything in the air and did a great job covering the right-hand side. Used the ball well and didn't mess about when it needed hoofing. Proper player and another we need to keep.

Lowe - 7 - Gave his usual quota of ball way in dangerous areas but played the pass of the match in setting up Graham. Covered every blade of grass and made some vital interceptions. His errors stand out and he gets rightly hammered for them but his workrate and pass today contributed hugely to us winning that game.

Guthrie - 7 - You can tell he's been a player because he can put his foot on the ball and spot a pass. He settled the team down on a few occasions by simply playing the right ball and not just hitting it into the channels. Unfortunately needs a Lowe type to do his running because he can't get round the pitch. Did look fitter today though.

Bennett - 9 - Thought he was immense. Phenomenal workrate and closed down and harried when others were running on fumes. Probably made more tackles than the rest of the midfield combined. Apart from a couple of sloppy passes he used the ball well too.

Gallagher - 8 - Ran himself into the ground. Like Bennett his workrate was phenomenal. Drifted out wide a lot and worked the channels intelligently and when we didn't have the ball he dropped in to help with the midfield.

Graham - 8 - Missed a sitter 1st half when he kicked fresh-air. Scored a sublime winner 2nd half when he stroked the ball home like nobody else on the pitch could have. The calm, collected finish of a goalscorer. He did virtually nothing else. He didn't need to.

Subs:

Conway - Replaced the flagging Graham to nullify the threat of their left back, which allowed Gally to go up top. Good sub at the right time.

Akpan - Replaced Lowe but didn't really have time to do much

Joao - Replaced Gally. Only on a few minutes.

Villa - On the beach, and not a good beach. Probably Fleetwood. Kodja played like a codger till he got injured. That other striker they spent £10m+ on from Brentford never got a sniff. Bruce has got his work cut out.

Had the dubious pleasure of shaking Mr Senior by the hand (not the neck) in the bar area of the JW Upper today. He was stood there in full view for the whole of half-time and nobody said a word. So I introduced myself. Told him the club had been taken back 40 years by the hapless owners. Asked him if he had his 'B' list ready? He stated that whatever happens we will have a 'better team next season' than the one we have now, regardless of the division we are in. He also said half the players don't want to be here. He said he will recruit based on heart (he actually tapped his heart!) more than talent in the summer. When I mentioned that league 1 is a graveyard for teams and some take years to come back he said last time he was there he recruited the players that got a record 102 points in that league. He's very modest, I'm just not sure how accurate though.

Good of him to answer the questions, surprised more didn't approach him. He was as self-satisfied as you'd imagine:rolleyes:

Just now, Tom said:

I thought Williams was on the left?

I meant wing back obviously. He did well to get crosses in from where I had him playing. Ward was middle of the back three, Mulgrew left and Lenihan right. But if that's all you got from my post you sir are an ignoramus:P

• Backroom
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I meant wing back obviously. He did well to get crosses in from where I had him playing. Ward was middle of the back three, Mulgrew left and Lenihan right. But if that's all you got from my post you sir are an ignoramus:P

I enjoyed the post very much sorry I should have said, I just wondered if I missed something 

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

You've literally just posed someone else's opinion as yours down to the cartwheels

40lSE3h.png

Edit - I hope someone screenshots this post and tweets it - Inception!

Suggest you look at my reply to James before jumping the gun Tom

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Full WUM mode today eh, Chadwick? Amazing what a narrow win does for you to show your (misplaced) cocky side.

Last home game with the most patient fans - including young children - lined around the advertising hoardings and they can't even be bothered to walk around?

Cartwheels? Have a word with yourself.

"Bye"

No need to be cocky. Just enjoying my night tonight. Rovers win now watching the boxing whilst having a Curry. Very peaceful night

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

As for Chaddy: meh. I expect he's never had an original thought in his life.

Yet again another personal dig. But cant expect much from Mr. Moan about everything. Com can we??? 

Just now, Stuart said:

I did too. Thought Lenihan was in the middle of the back 3.

Mulgrew was on the left of the back 3, Ward in the middle and Lenihan on the right of back 3. Williams left wing back Nyambe right wing back

36 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Which they are likely to do.  Win this game and they are Champions aren't they?

Wrong again. Twerp

Bristol have even less incentive to beat Brum now; it looks like we're depending on Ipswich to take points off Forest

Gentle reminder folks, to steal a phrase from Gav, remember to play the ball, not the man. There are a few posts in here that are closer to handbags at dawn, than anything to do with football (and yes, I do appreciate some of it is good natured ribbing, but some of it certainly isn't).

Now, but to the football.

We played extremely well today against a very poor Villa side, if we'd have won by 4/5 Villa couldn't have complained.

Just a mention for Jason Lowe who was our midfield terrier and created the goal, only blueboy has seen fit to name check him which says much about the site these days, lets hope his final contribution on home soil leads to us staying up, take a bow son.

I'm stunned we're still in with a shout of survival to be honest, so lets beat Brentford next week and do this all over again next season :wacko:

• Glenn changed the title to Last Game: Aston Villa (H) Saturday 29th April, Kick off 15.00
  • Glenn unpinned this topic
9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Wrong again. Twerp

Bristol have even less incentive to beat Brum now; it looks like we're depending on Ipswich to take points off Forest

Evening all

Bristol City Fan in peace

Sorry to see you in this state with the Venkys

Wish you all the best next week

What I can assure you is that the fans are well up,for next Saturday with an approaching sell out and we desperately want to carry on our momentum after a dire season

We normally perform when the pressure is off and most would like us to relegate Brum or Forest

Cant speak for the players but I'd be very surprised if we are anywhere near the beach next week and I'd fancy us strongly for a win

I hope that alone gives you some hope - think the toughest part for you is getting a result at Brentford who are a handful

Good Luck - we've all 'been there' and I'd like to see you stay up for the fans rather than players or owners

Just now, bazza said:

I think Bristol will beat Brum, or at least seriously attempt to. They are that sort of club at the moment.

They'll want to show off to their home fans.

I think Bristol will not lose to Brum. Probably a win to Bristol.

I think Forest will not lose to Ipswich. 

Sadly I also think our visit to Griffin Park will be our last ever and that we will leave there relegated. 

Just now, Gav said:

We played extremely well today against a very poor Villa side, if we'd have won by 4/5 Villa couldn't have complained.

Just a mention for Jason Lowe who was our midfield terrier and created the goal, only blueboy has seen fit to name check him which says much about the site these days, lets hope his final contribution on home soil leads to us staying up, take a bow son.

I'm stunned we're still in with a shout of survival to be honest, so lets beat Brentford next week and do this all over again next season :wacko:

Always the same. He makes one pass or one tackle or has a shot once every three games and all is forgiven.

After Venkys and Coyle, I hold that lad responsible for our league position. For some reason you don't like it but we are an incredibly negative team with our undeserved captain as the fulcrum.

He certainly divides the fanbase, Gav. Did you notice there were as man folded arms as clapping hands as he walked off the Ewood pitch hopefully for the last time.

Made a first teamer by his youth team coach and then made captain by one of the club's worst ever managers. It's a big black mark against Mowbray that he didn't hand over the armband to Mulgrew, Lenihan or even Conway. But that's probably down to consistency and/or fitness. He will probably be good enough for a League One Rovers and yet he is free I walk away without a backward glance when we may actually need him. He's just another mercenary footballer and a below average Championship one at that. So no need to get all teary.

1 hour ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Don't think we can complain about this position considering where we were a week or so ago.

Not quite sure why some people are criticising the team not scoring more today. We had to win. If we had gone for 2 and conceded I guarantee that the vast majority on here would be justifiably furious. Considering Brum's result, our victory, a forest defeat and a 3 goal swing in GD was about as much as we could hope for.

If we beat Brentford then we have a fighting chance.

For those criticising Huddersfield, think how Forest fans should feel about Villa's 'performance' today.

I thought we should have gone for a second.  Villa weren't interested.  Yes we needed a win but we are still in the bottom 3.  You have to make your own luck at times.  Another goal would have dropped Forest in the bottom 3.  We have the toughest of the final fixtures and Villa were there for the taking. 

Just now, Gav said:

In the Bristol City home game I thought Lowe had an excellent 2nd half.  Unfortunately some Rovers fans cannot admit it when he plays well.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

The moment we conceded that goal against Preston it felt like it was a crucial blow and I still think we'll look back to that come next Sunday night.

If we had just held out another minute I think we would have had safety in the bag now 

Then again there's many many results this season we could point to, Burton, Barnsley and Bristol at home also come to mind 

I agree Tom.  The PNE game was one of my few visits to Ewood and that 94th minute equaliser seemed to knock the stuffing out of Rovers and followed us into subsequent games.

This is a 46 game season and quite frankly we lost it over the last 9 months.

Archived