BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Game: Aston Villa (H) Saturday 29th April, Kick off 15.00

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-huddersfield-town-line-up-12948899

After the match, Wagner said: "We will now make the right decisions in the next two games to keep everybody fresh for the play-offs. Today we celebrate.

Well there it is, we are fooked. 

If we go down we've nobody to blame but ourselves but I really hope they miss out as welll and get hit with FFP sanctions next season.

@#/?s.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Mercer said:

You can't help but think that 11 desperados will have enough professionalism, pride and self esteem to see off a Villa side with nothing to play for and thoughts only for the beach.

Would that be the 11 desperados who did a good job of hiding at Molyneux last weekend? 

We'll get a a draw at best and more likely a Villa win. Agbonlahor still has quality.

On the upside, only 2 more games and you'll be gone forever - you promised. 

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Would that be the 11 desperados who did a good job of hiding at Molyneux last weekend? 

We'll get a a draw at best and more likely a Villa win. Agbonlahor still has quality.

The best way to get through this game would be to drink 11 desperados. 

57 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

This board wouldn't be the same without mercer

Just now, broadsword said:

This board wouldn't be the same without mercer

With relegation imminent, we're all hurting and his silly unrealistic posts about Rovers victories that were never going to happen while he sups vintage Bow Jollee only serve to antagonise fans. 

• Glenn changed the title to Next Game: Aston Villa (H) Saturday 29th April, Kick off 15.00
3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

and if Rovers stay up then I expect you to go forever!

Just now, jim mk2 said:

...... but I never promised to. You did ! 

I did and I will.

However, as a point of principle, if Rovers stay up, you should go as your pontifications about Rovers being doomed have been as antagonistic as what you claim my posts to have been.  If your have any integrity then you will go.

Just now, Mercer said:

I did and I will.

However, as a point of principle, if Rovers stay up, you should go as your pontifications about Rovers being doomed have been as antagonistic as what you claim my posts to have been.  If your have any integrity then you will go.

Mine were realistic, unless yours, a reflection of real events rather than the figments of your imagination. Don't get me wrong - I hope I'm wrong and we stay up but you promised to leave if we went down. Are you a man of your word?  

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Mine were realistic, unless yours, a reflection of real events rather than the figments of your imagination. Don't get me wrong - I hope I'm wrong and we stay up but you promised to leave if we went down. Are you a man of your word?  

I am and I will go as well as making a donation to a charity of my choice.

However, if we do stay up, surely my views will have been proven to be realistic whilst your ramblings will be seen to be those of a 'mutton-headed old mugwump' !  

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

However, if we do stay up, surely my views will have been proven to be realistic whilst your ramblings will be seen to be those of a 'mutton-headed old mugwump' !  

You said we'd stay up easily and we're too good to go down and we can relax so many times I've lost count! Here we are, with 2 games to go, and we're still in deep trouble. Where's the realism? 

23 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No!!!!You can't get away with this! You have been telling us all season that we should "relax" because we would avoid relegation "easily" "comfortably".

No way did you expect we would be favourites to go down with 2 games to go.

It will be a miracle if we survive, you never thought we would have needed one.

This little problem is of your own making.

Such a ridiculous notion that we will lose an intelligent, articulate poster over a bet that is only one sided. What consideration have you put forward, Jim?

Yes, the uber positive bravado has been annoying - particularly the patronising tone of it - but I think their should be some kind of commuting of this sentence.

At worst, a new account and a fresh start. At best, let's stop being silly and realise that when the crunch comes we will need a Jim and a Mercer to keep the club alive.

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Such a ridiculous notion that we will lose an intelligent, articulate poster over a bet that is only one sided. What consideration have you put forward, Jim?

Yes, the uber positive bravado has been annoying - particularly the patronising tone of it - but I think their should be some kind of commuting of this sentence.

At worst, a new account and a fresh start. At best, let's stop being silly and realise that when the crunch comes we will need a Jim and a Mercer to keep the club alive.

Totally agree.

I was in the process of putting a post together but you beat me to it.

There would IMO need to be a referendum on this MB before any possible MEXIT.....and relegation is not as yet confirmed.

Lets keep this thread to more important stuff. The Villa game.

Edit: I prefer Willy Wonka's view of a Mugwump:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/27/mugwump-what-is-insult-boris-johnson-corbyn-only-use

Great preview.

Only two outcomes are possible.

1) We win (and next week becomes a hell of worry/anticipation/permutations)

2) We get relegated (OK on paper we might still not be down but we will be in reality)

A bonus would be a big win to make survival on goal difference a possibility.

• Moderation Lead

Mercer and Jim should just go for a drink together and smooth things over. Like many on here, I bet they'd actually get on like a house on fire in person.

Plus, based on his postings on here, I'll bet Mercer can teach any of us a few things about the booze!

Just now, K-Hod said:

Mercer and Jim should just go for a drink together and smooth things over. Like many on here, I bet they'd actually get on like a house on fire in person.

Plus, based on his postings on here, I'll bet Mercer can teach any of us a few things about the booze!

We could place bets on who's under the table first.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

A match thread is not the same without Chaddy and his team selection and tactics.

How the hell do we contain Kodjia? or Agbonlahor's when he comes on for a late cameo?

Come on Chaddy what do you think Mowbray should do?

I reckon Mulgrew will pick him up. Mulgrew is big and good in the air. My big worry is if villa score early   the heads will drop like against barnsley. Where it becomes open season.

If these player's can't get up for a game like this they shouldn't be out on the field. 

See you all at Ewood tomorrow 

Archived