BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Game: Aston Villa (H) Saturday 29th April, Kick off 15.00

We have to get three points today which simply means scoring goals. Probably at least two. The team below is capable of that.

Raya

Nyambe Hoban Mulgrew Williams

Mahoney Guthrie Lenihan Emnes

Graham Joao

Lenihan and Mulgrew could arguably change places but Mulgrew is classy at the back and calm. Lenihan in a defensive midfield role gives much more bite than Lowe who will be a useful League 1 player for someone next season.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not looking forward to today's match.

My sunny side says two wins from two games and we will probably be safe.

My darker side says I could be about to witness my sixth relegation with Rovers (three from Div 1 / PL and three from Div 2 / Championship).

My prediction, a last minute Rovers' winner to give us a 2-1 win and take it to the wire.

I could pontificate upon my hopes and dream scenarios, but I must be honest and say I'm too emotional  (anger, disgust and upset) to really go into depth.

The odds, hell... even the squads aren't in our favour, so we will need our friend 'Lady Luck' to be sat in the Blackburn End.

Relegation has been on the cards since May 2016, and many of us saw no way of avoiding it, but it doesnt stop the hurt and upset.

Christ, I would give anything for us to survive.

All the best, everyone.

Simply put, at least half the team does not give a toss. The other half do not have the ability (neither do the first half but ability don't count for much with no desire)

As mentioned in another thread, 12 of our squad of 25 are either loans or out of contract in the summer. Then we have a handful that are probably going to be off to other clubs in the summer anyway.

I think we will be down today - preparing for it but no matter how much you expect it, it still hurts like nothing else.

They have Kodija back after the FA reduced his ban from 3 games to 1. He missed the Birmingham game but will be back and I expect his pace to be a major problem for us. Expect him to score so we'll need to score at least 2 :(

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Harry Two Hat calling Villa fans 'sad' whilst urging Wagner to field a weakened team, which we know he will.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/609866/Harry-Redknapp-Aston-Villa-news-Blackburn-Birmingham-Gianfranco-Zola

So slimeball Redknapp has tapped up Steve Bruce during the week in person and 'advises' Wagner through the press to 'rest his best players'

Wonder what the FA thinks about that. Sweet FA. 

I've no idea what to think about today, I flick between feeling nowt, really annoyed, that it's all pointless and that I can't believe we're still hanging on in there. I don't think anything we've done all season to suggest that we can win both these games, but we could still scab it.  

I hope we go all out for the win. The past two attempts of keeping it tight and getting a goal haven't particularly worked out. I think we're past that stage now. The worst that can happen is that we'll get relegated anyway...

COYB!

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I am not looking forward to today's match.

My sunny side says two wins from two games and we will probably be safe.

My darker side says I could be about to witness my sixth relegation with Rovers (three from Div 1 / PL and three from Div 2 / Championship).

My prediction, a last minute Rovers' winner to give us a 2-1 win and take it to the wire.

What happened to the hip young gunslinger with an insouciant disregard to the travails of BRFC? I want him back. I want him back now. This is not the time for lily-livered surrender monkeys.

Return to your wine cellar, gird your loins, and prepare for battle.

1-0 Rovers

I was going to break my boycott today but had second thoughts.

Today will probably be far too much tragedy to bear witness to,would end up doing something stupid....really not worth it.

I can't put into words the pure hatred I feel towards the Rao's and what they have done to our fine and ancient football club.

Just now, AggyBlue said:

So slimeball Redknapp has tapped up Steve Bruce during the week in person and 'advises' Wagner through the press to 'rest his best players'

Bruce appeal to Villa fans or just scared of Small Heath reaction

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruces-message-any-fans-12960193

Match day in the biggest of games for an age and I cant be ar$ed to get excited. It has become such a weight on the shoulders getting up for football and more Rovers disappointments. I am actually looking to after the game has finished no matter the result because it will be a long time before I set foot in Ewood again.

My 47yr stint of going to Ewood is at an end at 4.50pm today, yes I will be upset a tad and yes I will miss my great mates and friends who I have had the pleasure of watching my beloved BRFC home and away and throughout our European adventures. Venkys have finally killed my love of football, and although I will watch on from afar I have decided that NAPM is my mantra from now on.

Come on Rovers put up some pride, some effort and something that no matter what the result you leave that pitch knowing that you gave everything for the shirt, the club but more importantly the supporters who have been dragged through hell end beyond because of the idiotic owners and the gross incompetence at which BRFC has been subjected to over the past 6 yrs.

RTID:brfc:

Just now, AggyBlue said:

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Bruce appeal to Villa fans or just scared of Small Heath reaction

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruces-message-any-fans-12960193

Old pals act in full swing there.

Redknapp's been on the phone to Bruce to put out that statement. Rovers gave United a few beating when Bruce was a player at Old Trafford so I suspect he doesn't like us - we don't deserve them anyway but won't get any favours from Villa today.

Let's get the agony over with and put the patient out of its misery.

Having said that, come on Rovers

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Come on Rovers put up some pride, some effort and something that no matter what the result you leave that pitch knowing that you gave everything for the shirt, the club but more importantly the supporters who have been dragged through hell end beyond because of the idiotic owners and the gross incompetence at which BRFC has been subjected to over the past 6 yrs.

RTID:brfc:

This lot simply aren't fit to wear the shirt. If they play without passion yet again I hope they leave the pitch with that ringing in their ears.

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

same here

decided to go with my head

buying a ticket would mean I am just a stupid peasant from Blackburn like Venkys think we are.

It would mean I have been beaten by Mike Cheston and Paul Senior

It would mean me being angry at myself when the inevitable happens

You'll still be there creating havoc won't you?

You promised.

The Redknapp-Bruce-Wagner chat is just that: chat. Redknapp and Bruce probably just met up by accident at the annual sackhead convention.

Wagner can, and probably will rest players. In my view this will be his undoing as they lose momentum in their final games. All being well, he will miss out on the PL and be sacked and Huddersfield will face a transfer embargo next season. Huddersfield will be delighted if Rovers are relegated after the Jordan Rhodes affair. More likely they will roll over for old tick head than Villa will for us.

Redknapp coming in to save Big Club is the final insult really. Can't stand the bloke. Put umpteen clubs on their arses thanks to his unsustainable appetite for spending. He was at his most annoying when QPR absolutely scabbed their way past Derby a couple of years back. He's enough to put you off football for life.

Rovers problems are of their own making. A lack of interest that has permeated its way from India to Ewood, including board, manager, players and ultimately fans simply going through the motions. Mowbray I think genuinely cares and he has been sandwiched like a piece of lettuce right in between this chicken burger @#/? stack. It would have taken somebody really strong to have carried everything on his shoulders and motivate this set of heartless players. This last few weeks Mowbray has visibly wilted and the lack of response from the players symptomatic. In some ways I think his eyes being opened to the depth of feeling at the recent fan meeting hasn't helped him. Is he likely to stick around to try to rebuild over the Summer? In the Championship, or in League One? I'm not convinced.

55 minutes ago, cn174 said:

I've no idea what to think about today, I flick between feeling nowt, really annoyed, that it's all pointless and that I can't believe we're still hanging on in there. I don't think anything we've done all season to suggest that we can win both these games, but we could still scab it.  

I hope we go all out for the win. The past two attempts of keeping it tight and getting a goal haven't particularly worked out. I think we're past that stage now. The worst that can happen is that we'll get relegated anyway...

COYB!

Well said. Good to see you back posting. 

Shut out stratagies rarely get wins.

Today is our best chance of a win, however slim.

Dearth of talent is evident, so why not try 'death or glory' - today of all days.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I think Mowbray has been pretty open about his dislike for League 1. His preferred style of football probably doesn't prosper down there. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him walk if we go down.

Venkys would be delighted if he walked.

But that's a topic for another day/ thread.

Archived