BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] General Election Blackburn 2017. The Venkys Out Party and You

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Would prefer it to be more transparent than that. Would also want my money to go directly to the Venkys Out Party, rather than a random 'fighting fund'. Something that said the total of what has been donated would encourage others to donate and would also look better in the press.

Every meeting at WMC has a full accounts review - money in, money out, current balance. All money spent is done so by a majority vote. You can specify if you want a donation to be spent on something specific. 

57 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Just on this, I was approached sometime ago to conduct the accounting of the group.

With that in mind a bank account with Halifax was opened on behalf of the group in which evidently detail all transactions from the bank account. In addition I also prepare a register of donations already received via paypal which combined get produced into a set of monthly accounts and as such get confirmation and approval each month within the WMC meetings.

All inter-related transactions between members of the WMC has a process whereby anyone arranging things must produce a quote then an invoice to be re-imbursed from the groups funds. All transactions then made to members from the bank account refer to the Invoice Number/Reference.

I do however think there is an idea concerning the just giving page, as you quite rightly put to show the totals and drive towards a target and evidently those monies being more open for the press etc to see how much has been raised to date on a particular item.

This initive itself will clearly present a very much reportable protest against Venky's, it brings boycotters/NAPMS/Stayers together without the usual discussion over whether you should protest or not or march outside Ewood so briefly it's a protest anyone is welcome to help with but also easily be a part of without jeopardising other beliefs etc.

Only problem with just giving etc is they take a chunk and take ages to pay out. It's ridiculously hard to get your money back and it's on their terms. Much easier to simply donate to the PayPal and specify where the money is being spent. 

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Just on this, I was approached sometime ago to conduct the accounting of the group.

With that in mind a bank account with Halifax was opened on behalf of the group in which evidently detail all transactions from the bank account. In addition I also prepare a register of donations already received via paypal which combined get produced into a set of monthly accounts and as such get confirmation and approval each month within the WMC meetings.

All inter-related transactions between members of the WMC has a process whereby anyone arranging things must produce a quote then an invoice to be re-imbursed from the groups funds. All transactions then made to members from the bank account refer to the Invoice Number/Reference.

I do however think there is an idea concerning the just giving page, as you quite rightly put to show the totals and drive towards a target and evidently those monies being more open for the press etc to see how much has been raised to date on a particular item.

This initive itself will clearly present a very much reportable protest against Venky's, it brings boycotters/NAPMS/Stayers together without the usual discussion over whether you should protest or not or march outside Ewood so briefly it's a protest anyone is welcome to help with but also easily be a part of without jeopardising other beliefs etc.

Hi Dunnfc.  Are you on the WhatsApp>?  And would you help with the campaign?  Am thinking specifically about compliance with electoral law and spending.  We will need campaign officer – who will be responsible for your party’scompliance with the financial rules for campaignexpenditure instead of the treasurer. They cannot also bethe treasurer.  

If you pm me i will send you an email and we can correspond

17 hours ago, iamarover said:

A group of concerned supporters have set the wheels in motion to form the #VenkysOutParty.  We plan to stand for the Blackburn parliamentary seat in the upcoming General Election.  

Essentially a single issue party, our aim is to have an elected member who can lobby for change in the governance of Football, and attempt to safeguard Blackburn Rovers FC for years to come. Arguably, there is no bigger local issue than the state of our proud town's club.  Rovers is hugely important socially, economically, and culturally to the people of Blackburn.  We have been let down thus far, by every individual, group or governing body trusted to ensure our football club continues to thrive. We need to, and we will, fight back.

In a time when global disillusionment with the political establishment is at an all time high, this is the greatest opportunity ever to use a protest vote that could actually make a material difference. 

The running of the country will be contested by the major parties, to whom our town and its football club are insignificant.  We now have a unique chance to assert some real influence and pressure, by electing not a career politician, one motivated by self gratification and fulfilment of their own ambition, but a supporter who bleeds Blackburn, Blue and White.

It is early days or far.  But a group of committed fans are already working to make this work.  We need your help.  Now.

Ideas and support would be gratefully received.  We have an unofficial slate of 5 candidates who will be approached.  Ideas and nominations welcome.  

Over to you BRFCS.

Arte Et Labore.

Can we do a Tory style "vote migration"? Aka move my vote to this ward so I can support it?

Hats off to the chaps with the idea of this- it's something new and interesting, and keeps the protest movement relevant! 

That's the big problem here though I fear- how many of the people on here live in Blackburn? How many people in Blackburn support the club nowadays? You only had to look round Ewood against Bristol City to see about 95% of The home crowd was white English, which is obviously not a true reflection of Blackburn today. 

Additionally, regardless of your views,  Jack Straw tried to address the issue when he was the town's MP. Jack once had one of the big three government roles, and that did nothing. Similarly, more recently, Graham Jones has tried his upmost to address the issue. Again, it's fallen on death ears. 

Good luck though! 

6 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Hats off to the chaps with the idea of this- it's something new and interesting, and keeps the protest movement relevant! 

That's the big problem here though I fear- how many of the people on here live in Blackburn? How many people in Blackburn support the club nowadays? You only had to look round Ewood against Bristol City to see about 95% of The home crowd was white English, which is obviously not a true reflection of Blackburn today. 

Additionally, regardless of your views,  Jack Straw tried to address the issue when he was the town's MP. Jack once had one of the big three government roles, and that did nothing. Similarly, more recently, Graham Jones has tried his upmost to address the issue. Again, it's fallen on death ears. 

Good luck though! 

There's lots of positives even if they don't get one vote. The big one being the media - it will generate discussion if it can be done. Additionally, as a 'political party' you can distribute promotional material via the post at no cost. So, theoretically, everyone in the constituency can be made aware of it - those that don't use message boards, the internet etc. You can also have a 'party political broadcast' on TV. You can't advertise 'venkysout.com' on TV, but can have 'next up, a political broadcast from the Venkys Out Party.' What's the reach of ITV Granada for one spot? Millions. 

Just now, Wayne Wild said:

Cam across this on BRFCC twitter feed. Genius idea. If you could also get a candidate to stand in Darwen, Ribble Valley and Hyndburn then it would generate even more publicity. 

Hats off to whoever conceived the idea. 

The only issue is the cost involved in 'standing'. There will soon be an WMC meeting, open to all, as usual, to discuss/finalise/sign off plans. 

8 hours ago, J*B said:

The only issue is the cost involved in 'standing'. There will soon be an WMC meeting, open to all, as usual, to discuss/finalise/sign off plans. 

What we need is someone with deep pockets to help fund this. Say, a well off local successful business man, or something. ;)

You will need to plan enough time (and of course Finance) to design and print enough leaflets for every household in the Constituency.

For Westminster elections the Royal Mail deliver these free but you will need to get these to them in good time and either have the printer bundle these in 50's, with elastic bands, or you buy mailing lists from the Returning Officer.

These means every household gets a Venkys Out leaflet.

8 hours ago, J*B said:

There's lots of positives even if they don't get one vote. The big one being the media - it will generate discussion if it can be done. Additionally, as a 'political party' you can distribute promotional material via the post at no cost. So, theoretically, everyone in the constituency can be made aware of it - those that don't use message boards, the internet etc. You can also have a 'party political broadcast' on TV. You can't advertise 'venkysout.com' on TV, but can have 'next up, a political broadcast from the Venkys Out Party.' What's the reach of ITV Granada for one spot? Millions. 

This will get coverage from BBC TV and Granada.

Good to see this gathering momentum! It's surely more about PR and media coming from it as opposed to a mass volume of votes. Good to see Wayne getting behind it too, fair play I wonder if you'd be able to help it Wayne?

probably also should be shared with the other forum after all this is an idea which could and should bring all divisions of supporters TOGETHER

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

A bit worried that electoral rules may actually prohibit use of Venky's name. I hope there is a way to get it into the approved party name.

The Venky'sOut Party is my stand out favourite and this would have resonance in India too.

VFO we all know what it's stands for !!!

Archived