BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] General Election Blackburn 2017. The Venkys Out Party and You

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A member of the Blackpool Supporters Trust stood at the last election as an independent candidate he got quite a lot of publicity and 655 votes (2%) in Blackpool South.

His Manifesto:

The main objective of the election campaign is to raise awareness of the plight of the football club, hold its owners to account and emphasize the need for greater community / supporter involvement  at every level.

The football club is absolutely central to the wellbeing of the local community. Not only does the poor management of BFC at the hands of the current owners reflect broader issues of justice and accountability, it also represents a missed opportunity in terms of how much needed investment has not been delivered to the people of the local area. 

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

A bit worried that electoral rules may actually prohibit use of Venky's name. I hope there is a way to get it into the approved party name.

The Venky'sOut Party is my stand out favourite and this would have resonance in India too.

Here's why I said, "No apostrophe."

OK I got this today from the Electoral Commission 

Chris

I recently called you regarding setting up a party to stand a candidate in the upcoming UK General Election. We discussed that it would be very unlikely that you would be able to register a political party for the election as the deadline to do so was 9 May 2017. I would encourage you to consider standing as an independent in the election. If your candidate ran as an independent they could campaign on the issue that you raised in your email.

You asked what the spending limit would be and I advised you to talk to the local authority who could give you an accurate count of the electors and the spending limit for the constituency that your candidate wants to stand in.

Please do contact me if you have any further questions.

Craig Wakeford
Senior Adviser – Registration

It takes 30 working days to process a party registration to allow for public consultation.  Deadline for party registration is May 9. So we are out of time. However we CAN run as Independent and say anything we want under #VenkysOut as a campaign subject. So up to you now. Run or not to Run. Deadline May 11. 

Just now, broadsword said:

Maybe someone can stand as an independent and change their name by deed poll to Mr Venkys Out Esq.?

Takes almost 8 weeks to change your name and then get a passport. 

2 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I think they had a number of options re maintainining Venk/Venkxit/Venxit..I don't think the apostrophe is the issue in this case. Anyway, I love Venky's with catastrophe...

The apostrophe is part of the brand...

2 hours ago, iamarover said:

OK I got this today from the Electoral Commission 

Chris

I recently called you regarding setting up a party to stand a candidate in the upcoming UK General Election. We discussed that it would be very unlikely that you would be able to register a political party for the election as the deadline to do so was 9 May 2017. I would encourage you to consider standing as an independent in the election. If your candidate ran as an independent they could campaign on the issue that you raised in your email.

You asked what the spending limit would be and I advised you to talk to the local authority who could give you an accurate count of the electors and the spending limit for the constituency that your candidate wants to stand in.

Please do contact me if you have any further questions.

Craig Wakeford
Senior Adviser – Registration

It takes 30 working days to process a party registration to allow for public consultation.  Deadline for party registration is May 9. So we are out of time. However we CAN run as Independent and say anything we want under #VenkysOut as a campaign subject. So up to you now. Run or not to Run. Deadline May 11. 

Well that's a bummer, nothing ever goes right for us does it?

23 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Deadpoll no longer than a month? Sit in liverpool passport office on an express day (same day service)

Sorry should have said - 3-8 weeks for the name change. Then the same again for a passport. Either way, too long. 

• Backroom
48 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Well I don't think it should be. It looks wrong, but then why should I be surprised since nothing else about them is right?

Isn't it a possessive apostrophe?

21 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Well I don't think it should be. It looks wrong, but then why should I be surprised since nothing else about them is right?

It's never looked right gumboots. Never. Not to anyone with any common sense. Hope you are well by the way.

As another clubs Chairman once said 6 years ago, bear in mind the time and that I'm doing this from memory, so if I'm wrong with this completely made up quote, well, whatever.

"it just doesn't look right, it doesn't add up does it? 

Why would anyone sell a football club with circa 70m quids worth of player assets and 48m quids worth of parachute payments to some arseholes from India and Jerome Fecking Anderson? For just 23m and 20m of debt? I mean come on!?!  It doesn't make any sense does it?

Fortunately Bob Coar is on the Rovers Board and a member of the FA so I'm sure they'll be fine in the long run. I doubt they'll have a revolving door of powerless puppet "Directors"  to look after them just to make the right noises nor the constant of some bloke called Sunlounger Shadow-Director (ex Kentaro) to "look after them" all the way through it all, from the very word go. That'll never happen. No chance.

Oh and the apostrophe is a joke as well by the way.

But anyway, it won't happen as it would make them fraudulent disrespectful cocky arrogant two hats"

Archived