BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] General Election Blackburn 2017. The Venkys Out Party and You

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, lraC said:

Fernando surely can't be allowed to stand can he? After all he is Spanish.

why? Andy Murray is Scottish, but the English claim him as one of theirs :D 

Just now, Iceman said:

why? Andy Murray is Scottish, but the English claim him as one of theirs :D 

I never thought of that. Come to mention it, that strong Glaswegian accent that Jordan Rhodes has, must make him a sure bet for the next Scotland game. :) 

Just now, lraC said:

I never thought of that. Come to mention it, that string Glaswegian accent that Jordan Rhodes has, must make him a sure bet for the next Scotland game. :) 

besides, its never stopped South Africans playing cricket for England :D Its like the England cricket team is becoming the South African B team ;) 

Just now, Iceman said:

besides, its never stopped South Africans playing cricket for England :D Its like the England cricket team is becoming the South African B team ;) 

Quite true. It seems very strange when relatives play international matches against each other, a la the Boeteng brothers. On the cricket theme, seeing Eoin Morgan line up the other day as captain of the England team, against Ireland was another site to behold.

Just now, lraC said:

Quite true. It seems very strange when relatives play international matched against each other, a la the Boeteng brothers. On the cricket theme, seeing Eoin Morgan line up the other day as captain of the England team, against Ireland was another site to behold.

but in all seriousness, we need Venkys out asap. Does Carlos Slim Helu not want to buy the club?

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't live in the Blackburn area so the issue doesn't really relate to me. If it did I'd be voting for a political party. Rovers are very important to me but the way the country is run is much more important. Sorry but that's just my opinion.

Absolutely.Nothing controversial in anything you said there..

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

The Conservative candidate is a life-long Rovers fan who also does a lot of work for the Football League. He is unlikely to get elected but I suspect he'll ruffle a few Labour feathers (pun intended).

It'd be good if the Tories also had plans to ensure that all clubs had to have two trust representatives on the board.  Would it have made a difference to the events at Ewood ?  I'd like to think it would.

48 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Apart from all the Yorkshire men who play for them.

http://vote-2012.proboards.com/thread/9632/blackburn

Some encouragement for you all....

I've been involved in a General Election Campaign. One of the benefits of your £500 " Deposit ", is that you get a leaflet delivered free to every home within the Electoral District, which should help your cause. You should consider helping your man to produce a really good quality leaflet, which will highlight your campaign. The £500 will be a bargain. In addition, there will be local " hustings ", at the College,on " Radio Lancs " etc, to which he should be invited and use his time there to make your ( very strong ) case...

Local Independent radio may do a feature, and you should approach the Nationals, who love an " Underdog " Candidate...

The candidate, Duncan Miller, has set up a PayPal account linked to the address drmiller.blackburn@gmail.com Any donation of £50 or less can go straight here.

If anybody wants to donate a higher amount to the campaign or use a different method, please email the above address.

It's vitally important that any donors over £50 contact Duncan because those donations need to be declared.

8 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I've been involved in a General Election Campaign. One of the benefits of your £500 " Deposit ", is that you get a leaflet delivered free to every home within the Electoral District, which should help your cause. You should consider helping your man to produce a really good quality leaflet, which will highlight your campaign. The £500 will be a bargain. In addition, there will be local " hustings ", at the College,on " Radio Lancs " etc, to which he should be invited and use his time there to make your ( very strong ) case...

Local Independent radio may do a feature, and you should approach the Nationals, who love an " Underdog " Candidate...

The Post Office will advise when they need the leaflets.  From memory they should be bundled in 50's with an elastic band around them.  Any comment from Katie Hollerbun or what ever she is called?

Just now, preston blue said:

Burnley fans in the Pendle Constutuency are complaining the Labour Candidate is called Wayne Blackburn. They want him to change his surname to 'Up the Clarets' by deedpoll.  That is funny from our 6 fingered friends.

Wayne Dingleberry works too.

14 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

You should see more of Duncan in the media over the next few weeks. He was already on Rock FM yesterday. He's a great fella doing a great thing. Vote Duncan!

14 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Funnily enough, even though he is a local candidate, I am hoping more for publicity on a national( even  international scale-well India, anyway)

This would have been easier, had there been time to register a Venky's Out Party. However, opportunities abound. I think it was unfortunate that the cyber thing broke or Duncan would have had more of a showing on Rock FM.

I am thinking Today Programme...Duncan v John Humphrys?

Sky would present an interesting dilemma. Will he boycott? Will he go on live and mention that appalling circus with Jerome Anderson and dark forces?

We all know, if it is not live, those comments would be edited out!

Then there's Jim "We're coming for Venky's" White...

As for Radio Lancs, will half of Duncan's comments...well...disappear?

13 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

The candidate, Duncan Miller, has set up a PayPal account linked to the address drmiller.blackburn@gmail.com Any donation of £50 or less can go straight here.

If anybody wants to donate a higher amount to the campaign or use a different method, please email the above address.

It's vitally important that any donors over £50 contact Duncan because those donations need to be declared.

You could always donate £49 to avoid the admin ;) 

57 minutes ago, mhead said:

In Burnley the Liberal candidate is a Rovers Season-ticket holder, but has to keep quiet about it!

He's got my vote.

Now Ribble Valley voters -question your Candidates.

Nigel Evans would support anyone who offered him a photo opportunity. He turned up at the Ribble Valley Beer Festival last night trying to get a word with anyone who'd give him a moments attention

1 hour ago, EwoodDawn said:

You should see more of Duncan in the media over the next few weeks. He was already on Rock FM yesterday. He's a great fella doing a great thing. Vote Duncan!

can one outside of the UK listen to that somehow, or a recording of it? Any Kamy podcast over the coming days with Duncan?

6 hours ago, gumboots said:

Nigel Evans would support anyone who offered him a photo opportunity. He turned up at the Ribble Valley Beer Festival last night trying to get a word with anyone who'd give him a moments attention

Shame on those who paid a tenner for 2 pints.

Vote Miller and Venkys Out. :brfc:

Archived