BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] General Election Blackburn 2017. The Venkys Out Party and You

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, mhead said:

Lots to do then with 'silky' Nigel...."Will you oppose any plans to sell Brockhall,Mr Evans?"

If i get near him accidentally in the next few weeks ill ask but i usually walk the other way if i see him around

• 2 weeks later...

Evening everyone...

First and foremost, thanks for all the support and particularly to those who have donated - it is very much appreciated.

This campaign isn't about me - it's about getting the message across loud and clear that we want Venky's Out... we've had some big successes and a real opportunity has presented itself.

I can appoint up to 60 "Count Agents" to oversee activities at King George's on the evening of the 8th/early hours of the 9th.

I've got this vision of 60 blue and whites singing "We want Venkys Out" as the result is announced to the nation on TV...

If you'd like to go to the count, please email me with your name and address ASAP. I literally got the forms in the post today and they need to be in tomorrow.

you can contact me at...

drmiller.blackburn@gmail.com

or on twitter @VoteDMiller

Vote #VenkysOut

So just a little update on the work your ‘Venky’s out’ candidate has been up to. Whilst having a full-time day job, Duncan has made fantastic efforts to disprove the ‘louts’ image of Rovers fans who ‘deserved their team to do badly’ that some quarters of the media once of a day used to delight in disseminating. He’s consistently spoken eloquently and intelligently to make sure that viewers, readers and listeners have understood how badly Rovers fans have been let down by the owners.

To date, he’s appeared in broadcasts by the following media outlets: Rock FM, Radio Lancashire (both in interviews and election debates), 2BR, ITV Lunchtime News, The Sunday Politics TV program, The Football Times and VICE Sports (online sports media). Dozens of other media journalists were contacted on his behalf and whilst they may not have published information about his campaign, they are most certainly aware of it.

Yesterday, a full page advert for Duncan appeared in the Lancashire Telegraph and significant advertising has been secured for their online version next week. This is what your donations have paid for. Unfortunately not enough was raised to also cover the distribution of leaflets to every household within the constituency earlier on in the campaign and whilst that was disappointing, I hope that you will agree, the Lancashire Telegraph still has some impact.

There are some fantastic campaign supporting images of Duncan ‘doing the rounds’ on social media and I believe will be doing so until Thursday.

A good deal of work has gone into Duncan’s campaign, run on a shoe string by Duncan and regular fans, not Spin Doctors or experts. I believe he deserves a vote. If you agree, please do your utmost to spread the word (especially on social media in the coming days) and PLEASE, if you belong to the Blackburn constituency, make sure your vote is for Duncan Miller, Venky’s out, this Thursday.

Thank you.

Archived