BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Supporters Meeting 7.30 Tuesday 2 May, Ewood Park WMC

• Glenn pinned this topic

I went along tonight intending to be an impartial observer and write up a little article on it for the site.

However, what I came across was a real eye opener, it's a bunch of people quietly "getting things done", including representatives from several different fans groups all working together. No politics, no sabre rattling, no self-promotion, no cloak and dagger secrecy, but equally no over-blown super-officious everything signed in triplicate nonsense either, just a bunch of honest folk working out how do we get from point a to point b as efficiently as possible. I was very impressed.

I was going to write up what was discussed, but frankly, I think it's in everyone's interest to find out yourselves over time. I've also come home with a big list of ideas of the ways both the site and I personally can help them achieve that journey, so next time I really encourage you all to follow suit and go along and join them.

• Glenn unpinned this topic
  • Backroom

I also went, mainly for the kareoke and cake, but found neither!

Great to put some faces to names and even better to find some people doing anything they can to help us

Just now, Tom said:

I also went, mainly for the kareoke and cake, but found neither!

Great to put some faces to names and even better to find some people doing anything they can to help us

:lol:

10 hours ago, Glenn said:

I went along tonight intending to be an impartial observer and write up a little article on it for the site.

However, what I came across was a real eye opener, it's a bunch of people quietly "getting things done", including representatives from several different fans groups all working together. No politics, no sabre rattling, no self-promotion, no cloak and dagger secrecy, but equally no over-blown super-officious everything signed in triplicate nonsense either, just a bunch of honest folk working out how do we get from point a to point b as efficiently as possible. I was very impressed.

I was going to write up what was discussed, but frankly, I think it's in everyone's interest to find out yourselves over time. I've also come home with a big list of ideas of the ways both the site and I personally can help them achieve that journey, so next time I really encourage you all to follow suit and go along and join them.

Good to meet you at last..."You're playing with the big boys now, Glenn!"...haha

41 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Good to meet you at last..."You're playing with the big boys now, Glenn!"...haha

It's a real shame he exited the club before I got chance to throw that one back in his face! 

Nice to put faces to names last night.

It was good to feel the passion that the group has and to witness how focussed they are.

I'm not usually that quiet,  I just wanted to understand who was who, get a 'feel' for things and see what direction the group was going etc.

Also, living in Bolton did somewhat limit anything I could contribute to the main topic.

I will try to get to the next one though.

Archived