BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?

• Yes
    • Maybe, It depends if we stay up
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but I'll probably go to some games as a walk-on
    • No, I've just lost interest
    • No, I'm officially protesting / NAPM
    • No, I realistically can't get to games

10 hours ago, Glenn said:

I've just hidden 24 posts in this threads despite a gentle reminder part way through. It's only the second time I've had to resort to that since my return, so I'm not a happy bunny.

Hi Glenn,

Pay me 3 bitcoins by 5pm today or else I'm going to provoke the pair of them to start it all off again.

#Ransomposts

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first reports from Tony Mowbray upon his return from Pune will define whether there is a future for this Club that is worth supporting short-term for long-term gain.

TM strikes me as a down to earth honest football man unlikely to be taken in by anything other than transparent guarantee and unlikely to compromise his reputation by pandering to dubious or false promise.

We'll know the score well before 2nd June season ticket Early Bird deadline #1.

Are Rovers going to retweet every single person who has renewed?

1) They waited until Mowbray came back so hardly unconditional

2) It smacks of desperation from the club

3) It's bloody irritating getting pointless notifications

Anyone know a real figure so far? Just not having that it's just 700.

You can only go anecdotally, but I came across far more last summer who weren't going to renew- strangely the fanbase wasn't enthused by the 'number 1 candidate', then this close season.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Anyone know a real figure so far? Just not having that it's just 700.

You can only go anecdotally, but I came across far more last summer who weren't going to renew- strangely the fanbase wasn't enthused by the 'number 1 candidate', then this close season.

I think Mowbray has won back a lot of those who pined for Bowyer. He is still revered by many as the best appointment of the Rao's time.

I was even collared this morning by a fan who thought things were looking much better today [now that Mowbray is staying].

Curiously his statement isn't actually categoric on that one but hey, he's not left yet.

His latest comment:

"I would like to keep all of the contracted players if possible to give us the best opportunity to move forward," said Mowbray.

"However, if an offer comes in for one that we feel that we can use to improve the team then we will look at that as well."

Edging his bets is not unreasonable but I'm sure this is exactly what Lambert was told.

Fans lap this up though. I expect we've doubled the 700 this week. With many claiming their early bird discount by the weekend.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Wait for it:

'The club is to extend the early bird deadline...'

I think they may be as well announcing that the price increase after the early bird, won't happen. I can't see a big take up, but a gesture like that, may persuade a few more.

If you have Rovers at heart then you'd be applying last minute for your ST, all you are doing now is lessening identified capital v's have to put in. Do it last min, same offers and same outcome. Not renewing early or now is Making the owners put more in to keep funding the summer costs meaning your revenues are expanded over the playing season meaning more investment in the club from the fans as opposed to just plugging summer running costs.

Season ticket revenue is a drop in the Ocean in terms of debt, operating cost , money needed.

I have renewed today purely because I was passing on my way to Doctors. 

It was never in doubt.

Supporters have spent years trying to remove Venkys and if we spend more years the fight will never stop until they are gone.

That being said, I wont let these charlatans run me away from the club I love . The club may be broken , but we have fallen on hard times before. When I first started watching Rovers we had nothing , since then I have seen two promotions , a premiership title , a league cup, a full members cup, European football, some of the best players to wear those famous blue and white halves and also witnessed the heartbreak of relegation.

My appetite to remove Venkys and see justice done will never falter , my beliefs will never change, but I'm rovers til I die and always will be

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

If you have Rovers at heart then you'd be applying last minute for your ST, all you are doing now is lessening identified capital v's have to put in. Do it last min, same offers and same outcome. Not renewing early or now is Making the owners put more in to keep funding the summer costs meaning your revenues are expanded over the playing season meaning more investment in the club from the fans as opposed to just plugging summer running costs.

Are you renewing? Or buying one? 

• Backroom

I was of the intention of going not a penny more 

But there's something about a period without football that draws you back to it even in the doldrums of league one so currently undecided.

16 hours ago, lraC said:

I think they may be as well announcing that the price increase after the early bird, won't happen. I can't see a big take up, but a gesture like that, may persuade a few more.

Would that not be against consumer law selling tickets at a discounted price if you buy before a certain period and then to never increase the price after??

I was always going to renew for me, Dad & the kids, we're on hols next week so didn't want to risk forgetting and missing the deadline, price rise regardless I want my seats.  I'd be surprised if a number of others weren't of a similar vein in terms of waiting until the end of the month.  Better keeping the money in your pocket surely.

I've always had a bee in my bonnet over fans having a pop at other fans for not going games, stopping going etc.  You simply don't know enough about an individuals circumstances, and even if you do I just think it's unfair to judge.  

However a new one for me this week, maybe because I've hardly been on here for months I've not seen it, or maybe I'm lucky with the majority of people I interact with on twitter. I'm certainly friends with plenty who have stopped going for all kinds of reasons so it's certainly not just I'm in some fingers in ears happy clappy band for sure.  Yet I've seen 'fans' giving fellow fans stick for renewing with all the flannel about funding Venkys etc and just found it bizarre.  There was even a chimp who literally spent the entire day replying with the same tripe to every one.  Never have I seen the likes.  I fully accept people have the right to protest how they choose, and if you don't want to go fair do's but I'm not having people having a pop at fans for going, how's that right?  Some cloud cuckoo fantasy that if Venky's just lose a little bit more they'll actually realise there losing money and should eff off?

I don't agree with everything James Wilkinson writes but one thing he's spot on in my view is Venky's will up and leave as and when they see fit sadly.  The only choice we as fans can then do is either go, or make the point you aren't until they have sodded off, in the hope it's not too long.  You might not agree and that's fine but you've damn sure got no right having a pop at me, or any other fans for going the games, so far off target it's untrue.

Will be re-hewing but ... I haven't had the renewel  pack through yet , are we even getting one ? Perhaps they can't afford to pay the printers 

Renewed and have moved to JW this season because of ease of access for the old man. Echo much of GM's post, nobody is stopping me going, was never in doubt. Honestly, at current moment actually looking forward but things can change. 

22 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Season ticket revenue is a drop in the Ocean in terms of debt, operating cost , money needed.

I have renewed today purely because I was passing on my way to Doctors. 

It was never in doubt.

Supporters have spent years trying to remove Venkys and if we spend more years the fight will never stop until they are gone.

That being said, I wont let these charlatans run me away from the club I love . The club may be broken , but we have fallen on hard times before. When I first started watching Rovers we had nothing , since then I have seen two promotions , a premiership title , a league cup, a full members cup, European football, some of the best players to wear those famous blue and white halves and also witnessed the heartbreak of relegation.

My appetite to remove Venkys and see justice done will never falter , my beliefs will never change, but I'm rovers til I die and always will be

I drove past Ewood last Friday and, after 3 years of boycotting, I decided to get a ST again.

Why?:  because those Venky @#/?s will not stop me following my club;  because I enjoy having a few beers and a natter with my mates; because if I am at the ground I can protest and make my voice heard.

I realise to some that this is an about turn.  To me it is me making choices.  I hate these Venky basturds, I also have choices and I have made one.  I will hate the Venkys until my dying day,

1 hour ago, preston blue said:

I drove past Ewood last Friday and, after 3 years of boycotting, I decided to get a ST again.

Why?:  because those Venky @#/?s will not stop me following my club;  because I enjoy having a few beers and a natter with my mates; because if I am at the ground I can protest and make my voice heard.

I realise to some that this is an about turn.  To me it is me making choices.  I hate these Venky basturds, I also have choices and I have made one.  I will hate the Venkys until my dying day,

I have given this a lot of thought , 1969 and all thought !  I saw 3 home games all season and one away .....We beat Villa and I queued for Brentford after the game ....Why ? Cos I bloody well had to be there like I was in 1970 and 79 .....And I am a Rover and always will be .........Many many years ago , my dad had a Sinatra 45 called Loves been good to me !  The first line is ...I have been Rover I have walked alone ! 

Archived