BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?

• Yes
    • Maybe, It depends if we stay up
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but I'll probably go to some games as a walk-on
    • No, I've just lost interest
    • No, I'm officially protesting / NAPM
    • No, I realistically can't get to games

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Took them long enough to workout a mail shot is actually the format of renewal form that Rovers fans have always had - it should have been s no brainier, especially when you consider older fans.

A sign of struggling sales?

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Took them long enough to workout a mail shot is actually the format of renewal form that Rovers fans have always had - it should have been s no brainier, especially when you consider older fans.

A sign of struggling sales?

Stop talking about older fans as though they're not computer literate. I'm in my 60s and manage quite well thank you. It's the same with all the election comments as though being young is a prerequisite for seeing through the Tory claptrap and much of that spouted by every other party. I getting old but I'm not senile yet and will continue to use the brain I've been given until it stops working

Eh? Not sure what my post has to do with Tory claptrap?! Or being senile? 

I personally know plenty of Rovers fans that were expecting a renewal form to drop through the letterbox, including some older members of my family that don't have a computer or smart phone, makes perfect sense to do it in both hard and soft copy.

I get that you won't be renewing but don't snap at people that would like as many fans as possible to do so.

I wasn't and I don't see anything wrong with the club sending out paper stuff as well as selling on line. However, you suggested that older people don't do online but I know plenty in their 80s who use the Internet every day. It's not age that's the problem. It's being computer literate. And I didn't mention not buying an ST. You did. 

As for the political comment, I just felt you were falling into the same clichés as I hear on tv all the time about how important the youth vote is etc. I got it all last night from the commentators. It's people who are important, whether they're young old or somewhere in between, male female, gay or straight or bi or whatever. 

Sorry this isn't the place for this rant but I'm just a bit cheesed off at what are probably throw away comments but seem designed to make me feel like a has been whose views and ideas don't matter. 

Fine, I think we both know that older people proportionally are less internet savvy than those of younger age groups, especially those 75+ in which we have a lot of support, but we'll go for the computer illiterate of all ages. 

I'm really not interested in a row about it, I just want the club to sell as many ST's as possible

I understand what Matty is saying, packs should have been sent out. It's simple marketing.

Even if these older people you are refering to are not internet savvy though, if they want to renew they can pick up the phone, no? Even have a trip down to Ewood to enquire? 

Maybe in 2017 we expect everything to fall on our lap, if it was me and i was expecting something and it never arrived, i'd be chasing it up one way or another.

17 hours ago, gumboots said:

Stop talking about older fans as though they're not computer literate. I'm in my 60s and manage quite well thank you. It's the same with all the election comments as though being young is a prerequisite for seeing through the Tory claptrap and much of that spouted by every other party. I getting old but I'm not senile yet and will continue to use the brain I've been given until it stops working

What we need Gummy is a strong and stable message board 

32 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I understand what Matty is saying, packs should have been sent out. It's simple marketing.

Even if these older people you are refering to are not internet savvy though, if they want to renew they can pick up the phone, no? Even have a trip down to Ewood to enquire? 

Maybe in 2017 we expect everything to fall on our lap, if it was me and i was expecting something and it never arrived, i'd be chasing it up one way or another.

Well yes.

In the end, my Grandad just went to the club shop and renewed there.

But for what it costs, surely a mail shot is worth it. We've always sent one out - buying a ST is a habit and with the present state of the club, it won't take much to break it.

Season tickets are now our biggest source of income, so they should be exhausting every possible avenue till August.

-

Also, I can only go off anecdotal evidence, but I'm not coming across the mass non renewals that I did in 2012 and the mini revolt last summer over Coyle - so perhaps the crowds next season won't be as bad as first thought?

I wouldn't buy a season ticket if I lived in Blackburn. I may see the odd match, but I wouldn't want to risking triggering my depression watching a whole season. Put me in the 'disillusioned with Rovers and football' camp.

As it happens the last football match I have been to was to watch Coventry City lose to Crewe 3-1 a few years ago with an old friend who is Coventry born and bred. It was utterly depressing watching a team of strangers play so ineptly in a good stadium at what atmosphere there was, was sullen, depressed and frustrated. If it isn't like that now at Ewood Park, it will be thanks to Barry Bling and the street sh_tters.

Just now, gumboots said:

Are you suggesting I sound like Mrs May? If so, I'm very insulted.☺

Still I see Michael Gove is now 10/1 second favourite to replace May. It's like a bad Bond film for you with Venkys and the Cons atm! What's the latest with Lorient by the way? Still getting chance to watch? 

21 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Still I see Michael Gove is now 10/1 second favourite to replace May. It's like a bad Bond film for you with Venkys and the Cons atm! What's the latest with Lorient by the way? Still getting chance to watch? 

Havent seen them since early last season. Unfortunately they were relegated on the last day of the season

Archived