BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?

• Yes
    • Maybe, It depends if we stay up
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but I'll probably go to some games as a walk-on
    • No, I've just lost interest
    • No, I'm officially protesting / NAPM
    • No, I realistically can't get to games

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just imagine how it would be for everyone if (so called) supporters got behind the team this season and turned up.

Great atmosphere, the team lifted by healthy support and, most importantly, people enjoying the football experience.

Because you know... for all our anger at the rao dynasty... are you stay way fans any happier.

COYB!!!

Just now, barry_ said:

just imagine how it would be for everyone if (so called) supporters got behind the team this season and turned up.

Great atmosphere, the team lifted by healthy support and, most importantly, people enjoying the football experience.

Because you know... for all our anger at the rao dynasty... are you stay way fans any happier.

COYB!!!

So called supporters? Have a word with yourself. I've known lads going o for twenty five years and stopped, they still listen to the games or watch via stream, attend fan meetings, protest arrange all sorts. What they don't do is sit on there arse.

im happier staying away and just attending the odd game with the lads personally I couldn't think of anything worse than wasting my precious spare time watching poor football, freezing in the middle of winter and being told to shhhh by someone.

Try city breaks, improve you golfing, skiing, the theatre, much more enjoyable especially if you've a family.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

So called supporters? Have a word with yourself. I've known lads going o for twenty five years and stopped, they still listen to the games or watch via stream, attend fan meetings, protest arrange all sorts. What they don't do is sit on there arse.

im happier staying away and just attending the odd game with the lads personally I couldn't think of anything worse than wasting my precious spare time watching poor football, freezing in the middle of winter and being told to shhhh by someone.

Try city breaks, improve you golfing, skiing, the theatre, much more enjoyable especially if you've a family.

Or try the "thick and thin" approach to supporting Rovers!?

Im not speaking about these wonderful life long fans that've been genuinely put off because of criminal negligence (like your example), but protesting has nothing to do with the style or level of football. It's about the owners decisions.

Hence why I agree with Barry on much of that. If we are in a fancy cup tie, you can guarantee thousands will be back singing "I'm rovers till I die, I'm rovers till I die"...

A vociferous pro rovers atmosphere at Ewood would benefit everyone. Why try and justify your own decision by slamming others opinion?

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I couldn't think of anything worse than wasting my precious spare time watching poor football, freezing in the middle of winter and being told to shhhh by someone.

Get the boycotting, get not wanting to give Venky's a penny. But even in a Venky free future there is going to be a hell of a lot of the above.

That just gives credence to those that say the reason the majority have stopped attending is an unwillingess to watch a poor standard of football.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Biz said:

Im not speaking about these wonderful life long fans that've been genuinely put off because of criminal negligence (like your example), but protesting has nothing to do with the style or level of football. It's about the owners decisions.

Hence why I agree with Barry on much of that. If we are in a fancy cup tie, you can guarantee thousands will be back singing "I'm rovers till I die, I'm rovers till I die"...

A vociferous pro rovers atmosphere at Ewood would benefit everyone. Why try and justify your own decision by slamming others opinion?

To be fair pal, Barry's post was fairly provocative- I refer you to the 'so-called' supporters part. If that doesn't make light of what has been a heartbreaking decision for a lot of people, then I'm not sure what does.....

Incidentally, the standard of football has had absolutely no bearing on my decision to renew or not, as you well know, but for some, it does.

Tolerance of decisions goes both ways. Just as those still attending would lose their minds if they were told by stay away fans that they were 'Funding Venky's' for example.

Just now, Biz said:

Don't think anyone really is rovers till I die I joined in a few games last year and it was probably one of the worst atmospheres I've heard at a football ground. Fans who are rovers till I die surely when attending get behind the team no? I don't think anyone attending or not is really that passionate anymore but after 7 years of gross poor year after poor year it's very understandable.

I've not slammed anyone's opinion biz? I agree on the atmosphere something has to be done for those still attending. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Get the boycotting, get not wanting to give Venky's a penny. But even in a Venky free future there is going to be a hell of a lot of the above.

That just gives credence to those that say the reason the majority have stopped attending is an unwillingess to watch a poor standard of football.

Each to there own by poor football I don't mean the level we are at just the way the game gets played similar to those who probs felt that way under BSA. If people are looking to put a label on the majority then obviously itv shows very much a non understanding. I get Sundays off and Saturday afternoons I prefer myself to use that time more wisely tbh.

i was slammed by parsonblue and Alan amongst others when I suggested the napm quarter are having an impact both from an absence of match atmosphere and those now looking at turnover figures, chickens are roosting.

Just now, K-Hod said:

To be fair pal, Barry's post was fairly provocative- I refer you to the 'so-called' supporters part. If that doesn't make light of what has been a heartbreaking decision for a lot of people, then I'm not sure what does.....

Incidentally, the standard of football has had absolutely no bearing on my decision to renew or not, as you well know, but for some, it does.

Tolerance of decisions goes both ways. Just as those still attending would lose their minds if they were told by stay away fans that they were 'Funding Venky's' for example.

It's one phrase in a post that makes perfect sense to me. We are all guilty of losing our @#/? over that sort of thing, but "so called" is rather light compared to suggesting people are "funding corruption!"

Just now, Biz said:

It's one phrase in a post that makes perfect sense to me. We are all guilty of losing our @#/? over that sort of thing, but "so called" is rather light compared to suggesting people are "funding corruption!"

Not very left of you biz. ;)

its horses for courses it's impossible to get a clear 100 percent siding. Look at politics for example, people will inverably have different opinions.

What I'd like to see is the more influential types of each side compromise like the 18/75 movement what happened, like Blackpool etc. 

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Biz said:

But, it's still saying you're less of a supporter because you've taken a principled decision not to want to give any money to Venky's. I'm not saying that's the case across the board, as there are definitely a lot of people that don't go any more because we aren't in the top league, but a lot are at the end of their tether because of the ownership and who could blame them?

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

But, it's still saying you're less of a supporter because you've taken a principled decision not to want to give any money to Venky's. I'm not saying that's the case across the board, as there are definitely a lot of people that don't go any more because we aren't in the top league, but a lot are at the end of their tether because of the ownership and who could blame them?

You will never get the two sides to have a consolidated outlook/same opinion.

Which is fine the NAPM stay away principled and plan various activities, look at the 18/75, VenkysOut Party, The WMC platform created for all groups, etc.

Then you've got those who attend. Some go and support the above initiatives and help create them.

Then you've got people who just attend 90 minutes and don't want to get involved in anything over than watching the football. 

The thing would be for me is to work together with each of these groups to be able to become coordinated in the next 18/75 or Blackpool game etc. 

32 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It's one thing to be described as "less of a fan", I'd call it a complete different kettle of fish to say someone is actively supportive of this ownership. One is far far worse for me.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

You will never get the two sides to have a consolidated outlook/same opinion.

Which is fine the NAPM stay away principled and plan various activities, look at the 18/75, VenkysOut Party, The WMC platform created for all groups, etc.

Then you've got those who attend. Some go and support the above initiatives and help create them.

Then you've got people who just attend 90 minutes and don't want to get involved in anything over than watching the football. 

The thing would be for me is to work together with each of these groups to be able to become coordinated in the next 18/75 or Blackpool game etc. 

You won't consolidate opinions if you start by referring to them in two groups.

We are all fans, some of might see different solutions and some of us might value the impact of strategies differently. The best scenario (imho) is the same as you say for the final part- but that also includes the NAPM brigade coming back to support protests inside the ground, especially when we have such organised.

Its give and take on that front for me. I can fully understand why some don't want to give their money to the club (not that I agree with its impact) and I'd hope all fans who think like this can understand why others aren't prepared to give up their seat, voice and club! 

I don't doubt there are genuine case's like yours and Abbeys where they will be back no matter what state Rovers are in, but Mattyblue made an interesting point and to be honest I think that most people that don't go anymore use Venkys as a convenient excuse because the football is crap and atmosphere at Ewood is non existent.

Say venkys do go a year from now and we're still in league one, I'm sure there might be a small spike in attendances to start off with, but a few months in folk will realise that we're still crap and will drop off again.

The only way attendances will increase is if we get out of this league at the first attempt and somehow find ourselves competing at the top end of the Championship.

11 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

I started going in 79. First 2 home games were Grimsby and Millwall in division 3.

The straw broke my camel's back when Lambert got lied to and left. Not because of Lambert as his football wasn't great. Because of Venky's once again showing their true colours.

I was NAPM last season. It made me angry as hell most games that I couldn't attend due to the stand I had chosen to make and was determined to see through (and did).

I have already decided to be NAPM again this season because I 100% EXPECT to see a repeat of all the same Lambert scenario with Mowbray. It isn't about Mowbray. It's about the Raos and their managing director Suhail Anwar Pasha Shaikh.

I will not give my hard earned money to those people. No chance. The clue is the words...NOT A PENNY

Fast track to admin if necessary and lets get rid of them and start again. Don't matter to me which league. Only that these lot are gone.

ABBEY will surely be the same and I know it will hurt him like hell too but principles are principles. End of.

Each to their own but I am NAPM and that's that.

Everyone has their breaking point. Year on year they have been stopping going due to some Venky act which has tipped them over the edge.

For some it will relegation to division 3.

For some it will be when Brockhall gets sold.

For some it will be the next relegation to division 4.

Keep smiling folks

You speak as if everyone who doesn't go thinks like this, but it's a "hardcore" of a few hundred who are at this point. The general fan has given up because of the standard or league we are in, and the general fan will be back if we reach the top level again, Venkys or no Venkys.

One fan even picked signing someone with questionable interest in the IRA as their "straw > camels back" scenario, so don't preach to others as if this is a simple black and white scenario of;

a. you support venkys

b. you don't support Venkys.

Principles lol, I spat my sandwich out when you brought intolerabbey into it. My system of belief or principle is based on the club, and I will be in the ground watching my team, at whatever level they are at, on principle! Also, if I wanted to know about or remotely cared about this fellow, I'd sign up on Alt Right Rovers.com with the rest.

Its this kind of virtue signalling @#/? that causes half the arguments in first place. For a person who talks utter crap most of the time, you don't half come across like a pedantic, patronising wind up merchant.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

I think that most people that don't go anymore use Venkys as a convenient excuse because the football is crap and atmosphere at Ewood is non existent.

Nail on head. It's only a hardcore of actual boycotters, most are just using that term to justify giving up their support without question.

If it wasn't true, why do we have crowd swells for cup games against bigger teams?

5 hours ago, mhead said:

At least we don't have the annual public debate "Will Gumboots buy a Season-Ticket"

Shall i start it?? Actually no need. I wont buy one. Debate over. Reasons. Loads of them, too numerous to mention.

56 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Not sure what the hell my post had to do with you Biz. Mind your own Biz springs to mind.

its a message board and you posted, expect discussion or just leave.

You seem to be suggesting ABBEY isn't a real fan or less of a fan than you or that you are a super fan.

Didn't say anything of such, I just don't see what he has to do with this discussion?

I will say ABBEY is a passionate fan (as well as a very nice guy) as are many who don't attend out of their own principles.

Showing your true colours in your post imo. 

Wake me up when I start caring what someone thinks, who cannot follow a simple post, or just trolls for fun with "facts" that never happen, or calls himself after one of the many owners fall guys, with the added "slayer".. clever? Nope. I was suspicious that you came from one of those who left the site, now I'm 100% convinced.

No, I said I couldn't care less what that guy think or does, and if I wanted to hear his story I'd join a different site, moderated by holocaust deniers. 

59 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Not sure what the hell my post had to do with you Biz. Mind your own Biz springs to mind.

You seem to be suggesting ABBEY isn't a real fan or less of a fan than you or that you are a super fan.

I will say ABBEY is a passionate fan (as well as a very nice guy) as are many who don't attend out of their own principles.

Showing your true colours in your post imo. 

We are all Rovers fans at the end of the day. we are all the same whether you attend and not attend.

I will be season ticket holder this season. My decision to renew was a easy one as I am Rovers fan and want to attend the games as I've been doing this for over 20 years.

If some Rovers fans don't want to attend then fine no problems can understand the reasons why.

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

Well said Chaddy. Each to their own choice.

Except all of us are Rovers fans and WANT to attend. Some of us just feel we cant. I have to collect something from the Rovers store for someone this week and i know I'll feel the pull of Ewood again.

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

I won't bite as I fear for your mental health but I can confirm I am not on the other site. I like the guys on there but I just never joined yet.

Confirm? As if anyone asked.

48 minutes ago, Biz said:

No, I said I couldn't care less what that guy think or does, and if I wanted to hear his story I'd join a different site, moderated by holocaust deniers. 

It is the first time I have been on this site for weeks and I have come across this disgusting post.  You want to be ashamed of yourself Biz.  The least you can do is a self imposed ban.

Archived