BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?

• Yes
    • Maybe, It depends if we stay up
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but I'll probably go to some games as a walk-on
    • No, I've just lost interest
    • No, I'm officially protesting / NAPM
    • No, I realistically can't get to games

Just now, preston blue said:

It is the first time I have been on this site for weeks and I have come across this disgusting post.  You want to be ashamed of yourself Biz.  The least you can do is a self imposed ban.

Just remind me, how long have you been away... 

IMG_0357.GIF

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We are all Rovers fans at the end of the day. we are all the same whether you attend and not attend.

I will be season ticket holder this season. My decision to renew was a easy one as I am Rovers fan and want to attend the games as I've been doing this for over 20 years.

If some Rovers fans don't want to attend then fine no problems can understand the reasons why.

Well said chadster. The voice of reason. So just to be absolutely certain. Are you getting a season ticket this year or not ?

8 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Except all of us are Rovers fans and WANT to attend. Some of us just feel we cant. I have to collect something from the Rovers store for someone this week and i know I'll feel the pull of Ewood again.

You have a big choice to make then? 

I know what I would do but I aint you

7 hours ago, Biz said:

It's one phrase in a post that makes perfect sense to me. We are all guilty of losing our @#/? over that sort of thing, but "so called" is rather light compared to suggesting people are "funding corruption!"

Lol @ the guy who goes mad at the wrong phrase in other posts!

• Backroom
9 hours ago, barry_ said:

just imagine how it would be for everyone if (so called) supporters got behind the team this season and turned up.

Great atmosphere, the team lifted by healthy support and, most importantly, people enjoying the football experience.

Because you know... for all our anger at the rao dynasty... are you stay way fans any happier.

COYB!!!

If you hadn't put 'so-called', I'd have liked this post, but putting it in makes you like like a patronising @#/?. You're even insulting those fans that DO go by suggesting they don't get behind the team enough and need the help of others. Have a word.

It is a fact that any team plays better in front of their fans and the more fans there are the better.

I know the reasons that many have decided to not attend and, at the beginning of this sorry saga, I was in full support of any who has had their fill of this sordid mess.

But now? The scum indians show no sign of leaving, we have a new manager who seems honest and talks the talk, has got rid of some of the deadwood and has made a couple of (on paper) good signings.

Things look promising.

Staying away has zero (positive) effect. The 'I won't give a penny more' is noble but what has it achieved. It just seems a case of 'cutting your nose off to spite your face'.because, for many, it was (and is) a painful decision.

We (supporters/players) all need each other.

If supporters came back (just look at how the atmosphere was at our last home game).it could only be a positive for the team that we all support.

Despite how much I despise Venkys I renewed this morning. For the first time in a long time I am actually looking forward to a season. There was a steady stream of fans buying season tickets at the club shop today. As a collective of mates more have got or are getting season tickets this coming season than for a long time. I guess the novelty of league 1 football, the positive vibes from TM, and the sense of galvanising in adversity have caused this.

I will speculate that we will at least match last seasons ticket sales.

Bloody hell. How many will continue to get duped! Every single year the exact same. 

Manager making good noises. 

Sign what, on paper, are decent players. 

Absolute silence for 4 weeks. 

Season starts. 

Sell the remaining decent players. 

• Backroom

Feels different this time - not in that people believe it's all better, because it won't be.

Just that for some odd reason a change of league, even for the worse, seems to renew interest a little bit.

16 minutes ago, J*B said:

Bloody hell. How many will continue to get duped! Every single year the exact same. 

Season starts. 

If exactly what you say above happens, yes, fans will have been duped again.

However, it's now only 24th June and there's plenty of time until the season starts and time for more comings and goings.

I won't be getting a season ticket but, if I were, I would probably hang on until early August. That said, if folk want to go for their football fix, social reasons, because they've been going for the last x number of years, or whatever, then why not buy one now?

It's fairly clear now that Venky's aren't going anywhere and certainly any actions from our support won't get them to budge an inch, unfortunately. I still hate Venky's with a passion and wish they would 'do one' pronto. That ain't gonna happen though and I have a feeling that I'll be travelling up for a few more matches and also going to a few away as well.

• Backroom

I might be wrong (probably am), but transfer fees don't get officially reported before the window opens do they? Hence we won't 'spend' til July 1st?

Or am I talking out my arse?

'Duped'?

I'm perfectly aware that the owners are more than likely to spend bugger all, as are the core of 8000 or so that will be there regardless.

No issue with boycotting, one of my best pals is doing just that, something I'm reminded of every week when I look at the empty seat next to me.

However, some on here just don't understand our hardcore support, of course they know Venky's are appalling owners, but not going just doesn't come into it, 'thick and thin' is just that. 

I would hope the likes of J*B would get by now that our loyal fans are not the enemy, but will be the very people that will pull this club up by its bootstraps when the owners finally depart, but alas they just don't seem to get it.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

'Duped'?

I'm perfectly aware that the owners are more than likely to spend bugger all, as are the core of 8000 or so that will be there regardless.

No issue with boycotting, one of my best pals is doing just that, something I'm reminded of every week when I look at the empty seat next to me.

However, some on here just don't get a lot of our hardcore support, of course they know Venky's are appalling owners, but not going just doesn't come into it, 'thick and thin' is just that. 

I would hope the likes of J*B would get by now that our loyal fans are not the enemy, but will be the very people that will pull this club up by its bootstraps when the owners finally depart, but alas they just don't seem to get it.

Apart from.. they're not, are they? My post was in response to people saying they where excited by the season and the 'signings' we are looking to make.

Buy your season ticket if you think it's helping. I disagree entirely, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. 

29 minutes ago, Tom said:

Feels different this time - not in that people believe it's all better, because it won't be.

Just that for some odd reason a change of league, even for the worse, seems to renew interest a little bit.

The fanbase has been dragged through the mud for 7 years now. Just knowing we may be able to win as many as we lose is probably sending some a bit of hope. I'm cautiously optimistic we might be in for a good season for once.

Not having an idiot like Coyle in charge will be having a big impact too I'd imagine.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Season starts. 

I'm don't think anyone has been duped at all. we all know what the owners have done but some Rovers fans refused to be force away from attending games and supporting the team.

Mowbray has been a breath of fresh air since he joined the club and a lot of fans can see what he is trying to do with the team and where he wants to take the club.

we have signed 2 players so far.

Season starts in 6 weeks time and Players are back next week.

Just now, J*B said:

Apart from.. they're not, are they? My post was in response to people saying they where excited by the season and the 'signings' we are looking to make.

Buy your season ticket if you think it's helping. I disagree entirely, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. 

J^B, I am looking forward to the season cos Mowbray has stayed on as manager/head coach and going to grounds I haven't been to before.

I couldn't imagine not buying a season ticket.

But I do understand your reasons when you walk away from being Season Ticket holder tho

A large number of loyal fans who no longer attend matches will be there helping to pull the club up once venkys leave. That seems to be a fact that some can't get their heads round. Yes, some who have stopped attending won't be back but some will, either as season ticket holders or as fairly frequent walk ons.

• Backroom
Just now, gumboots said:

A large number of loyal fans who no longer attend matches will be there helping to pull the club up once venkys leave. That seems to be a fact that some can't get their heads round. Yes, some who have stopped attending won't be back but some will, either as season ticket holders or as fairly frequent walk ons.

Hope when that day comes we all come together, botcotters, attenders and forget the labels and put it all behind us and get back to just being fans again.

Lets hope we get there soon so we can all enjoy it without the nagging Venky pain 

Just now, Tom said:

Hope when that day comes we all come together, botcotters, attenders and forget the labels and put it all behind us and get back to just being fans again.

Lets hope we get there soon so we can all enjoy it without the nagging Venky pain 

There is a VenkysOut day party / concert / funday already lined up. Just need them to go now. 

Just now, gumboots said:

some people will be back when Venkys has gone but we have no idea when that will be tho? what happened if it not for another 10 years or so?

On 2017-6-20 at 14:31, Leonard Venkhater said:

Unfortunately,this loyalty is the oxygen for those who are destroying the club.

Considering how much Venkys are losing just by owning us, and how much season ticket sales contribute to the coffers, it's hardly oxygen, is it?!

This guilt trip aimed at fans who still go to Ewood is boring and utter b0110cks.

5 minutes ago, gumboots said:

A large number of loyal fans who no longer attend matches will be there helping to pull the club up once venkys leave. That seems to be a fact that some can't get their heads round.

Have you not, in the past, said that the quality of product is now poor? And you're claiming to be loyal?

Sorry? Why are the 2 mutually exclusive? The quality of product is much poorer than when we were in the premiership obviously and was certainly poorer the season before last when I last attended Ewood, but stating that has nothing to do with loyalty. It's just a fact. So now, to be a loyal fan, loyal to the club, one is not allowed to criticise the quality of the football on show but must blindly follow? 

And there are plenty of people who will not attend Ewood currently who are St holders of much longer standing than myself. It was them I was referring to, not necessarily myself. I will be back too but you can't question the loyalty of some of the longstanding fans on here who have said NAPM

Archived