BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?

• Yes
    • Maybe, It depends if we stay up
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but I'll probably go to some games as a walk-on
    • No, I've just lost interest
    • No, I'm officially protesting / NAPM
    • No, I realistically can't get to games

3 hours ago, gumboots said:

I will be back too but you can't question the loyalty of some of the longstanding fans on here who have said NAPM

When will you be back tho? You cant give a specific time cos you dont know. 

You have admit you miss going so when dont you attend if you miss it so much? 

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Because she believes that's the right thing to do?

10 hours ago, gumboots said:

A large number of loyal fans who no longer attend matches will be there helping to pull the club up once venkys leave. That seems to be a fact that some can't get their heads round. Yes, some who have stopped attending won't be back but some will, either as season ticket holders or as fairly frequent walk ons.

'Large numbers' will return is not a 'fact'. We all 'hope' that will be the case but I think we all realise the majority of the 10,000 or so have long gone.

What boycotters on brfcs seem to miss is that they are not typical of the no longer attending person. The fact that NAPM brfcs-ers spend so much time posting, reading, protesting, worrying about Blackburn Rovers is unusual and shows how committed you still are. So, I have no doubt the likes of gumboots, J*B, Neal etc will come back, the vast majority I'm afraid will have long moved on. That's why it's paramount we maintain a decent level of matchgoing support, so we have something left to pull up together and those matchgoers, just like NAPM deserve nothing but respect .

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But she miss going to games?

I'm not going to games because I think it's in the clubs interests I don't spend with them. 

Just now, J*B said:

I'm not going to games because I think it's in the clubs interests I don't spend with them. 

I think that's fair enough.  I continue to go to games because I believe it's in the club's best interest that supporters continue to do so.  There is no right or wrong with this issue - just personal choice.  I'm sure that at some point in the future some of the boycotters will return no matter where we are but, sadly, as in the past many supporters will not return until there is a winning team to support.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Think we all know certain people have principles and I admire that personally. Always get your football fix elsewhere, obviously not the same but better atmospheres, exciting games to watch etc. In the past I've watched Wigan, Bury and Man Utd whilst away from Ewood

Just now, Parsonblue said:

I think that's fair enough.  I continue to go to games because I believe it's in the club's best interest that supporters continue to do so.  There is no right or wrong with this issue - just personal choice.  I'm sure that at some point in the future some of the boycotters will return no matter where we are but, sadly, as in the past many supporters will not return until there is a winning team to support.

Best interest of the club? Sorry but what's in the best interests of PB? I know you say you still enjoy it but surely your own interests rank far higher than a bloody football club?

Pre-Jack in the 80's we had about 5k hardcore who turned up most home games no matter what, We are now back at that level, albeit with a couple of thousand more fans due to having 20 years of relative success behind us. If we do well this year and are pushing for promotion we'll start getting crowds of 15k-20k again. Nothing has really changed. There aren't thousands of NAPM's just waiting for Venky's to leave. Our crowds will go back up once we have a successful team on pitch, Venky's or no Venky's.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Best interest of the club? Sorry but what's in the best interests of PB? I know you say you still enjoy it but surely your own interests rank far higher than a bloody football club?

You do what you believe is best and  I'll continue to do what I believe is best.  I'll continue to support the same club that I've supported for fifty odd years thank you.  If you want to do something else then feel free to do so but as I enjoy following Rovers I'll continue to do so.  

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Pre-Jack in the 80's we had about 5k hardcore who turned up most home games no matter what, We are now back at that level, albeit with a couple of thousand more fans due to having 20 years of relative success behind us. If we do well this year and are pushing for promotion we'll start getting crowds of 15k-20k again. Nothing has really changed. There aren't thousands of NAPM's just waiting for Venky's to leave. Our crowds will go back up once we have a successful team on pitch, Venky's or no Venky's.

Success usually goes hand in hand with attendance. Can't accept your very much over figure of 15-20 k. We had a base of 10k last year so I'm not sure promotion to a league of where we were is going to add a further 100% percent on the gate figure, 15k would happen if the owners go tomorrow but that's it. I'm not even sure whether fans will celebrate a promotion giving we shouldn't even be in L1 but have the owners again to thank for that.  

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I've always said that if we could manage to look like we were pushing for promotion come April the crowds would return.  The problem is we have never put that theory to test ever since we came down from the Prem.

However I also believe that if Venkys left during a season, the home attendance for the first game after would be up by a significant number, especially if the new owners seemed straight. That may well only be about 3000 but it will be over a 33% increase on current home gates. 

Both factors would have a positive effect on gates. If only we could get both to happen simultaneously some time soon !

Just now, Parsonblue said:

You do what you believe is best and  I'll continue to do what I believe is best.  I'll continue to support the same club that I've supported for fifty odd years thank you.  If you want to do something else then feel free to do so but as I enjoy following Rovers I'll continue to do so.  

Enjoy though PB that's fair enough but your post previously stated its in the clubs best  interests. The two are not exactly mutually exclusive you either as a supporter go and still enjoy it or you believe in some odd way it's for the benefit of the club? 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Success usually goes hand in hand with attendance. Can't accept your very much over figure of 15-20 k. We had a base of 10k last year so I'm not sure promotion to a league of where we were is going to add a further 100% percent on the gate figure, 15k would happen if the owners go tomorrow but that's it. I'm not even sure whether fans will celebrate a promotion giving we shouldn't even be in L1 but have the owners again to thank for that.  

Any true Rovers fan will celebrate a promotion. It doesn't matter what league we are in.

Bolton got 20k for a match at the end of last season. We would too, especially if it was priced right.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Enjoy though PB that's fair enough but your post previously stated its in the clubs best  interests. The two are not exactly mutually exclusive you either as a supporter go and still enjoy it or you believe in some odd way it's for the benefit of the club? 

It's possible to go for both reasons.  

Just now, Hasta said:

I've always said that if we could manage to look like we were pushing for promotion come April the crowds would return.  The problem is we have never put that theory to test ever since we came down from the Prem.

However I also believe that if Venkys left during a season, the home attendance for the first game after would be up by a significant number, especially if the new owners seemed straight. That may well only be about 3000 but it will be over a 33% increase on current home gates. 

Both factors would have a positive effect on gates. If only we could get both to happen simultaneously some time soon !

You could well be right about the 3k, we shall look forward to the day it happens!

Fingers crossed we can put the 'April' theory to the test this year.

8 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Bit disingenuous that.

All clubs had low crowds in the mid 80s, the game was on its arse.

That 5000 was no different than Bolton or any other comparable club.

All clubs also saw crowds increase in the 90s onwards, we would have too without Jack, though not to the regular level of 25,000 but plenty more than 5k all the same.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Bit disingenuous that.

All clubs had low crowds in the mid 80s, the game was on its arse.

That 5000 was no different than Bolton or any other comparable club.

All clubs also saw crowds increase in the 90s onwards, we would have too without Jack, though not to the regular level of 25,000 but plenty more than 5k all the same.

Strange response. I didn't give a reason for the 5k, just stated the fact. I then said we are now at that level again, but with a few more thousand added on to take into account success etc. I also didn't compare us to any other clubs.

Strange how? I was giving a bit of context. We didn't just increase crowds because of Jack, the game was on an upward curve anyway.

The fact we have lost so much support is not JUST because we are in the doldrums and only 5k will watch it, but everything that has gone on this past 7 years.

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Any true Rovers fan will celebrate a promotion. It doesn't matter what league we are in.

Bolton got 20k for a match at the end of last season. We would too, especially if it was priced right.

So because Bolton get it we will that argument is slightly flawed somewhat.

Theyve not had 7 years of continuing misery of Venkys. They are now under a brighter future than24 months ago when they got relegated and couldn't pay bills. They probably will attract a larger base of followers naturally given they lie just outside Manchester and transport wise far easier to get in and out of.  They offered cheap tickets last year and 2-4-1 schemes etc where as we can't be bothered to come up with new marketing strategies. 

Your smoking something if you think we will be getting 20k a game. Even at 5 pop a ticket we'd struggle, the desire through seven years of continued decline has worn people down and they've found better things to do rather than watch 11 overpaid pansies or they are staying away out of principle at the continued decline and ownership of this once proud club.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Strange how? I was giving a bit of context. We didn't just increase crowds because of Jack, the game was on an upward curve anyway.

The fact we have lost so much support is not JUST because we are in the doldrums and only 5k will watch it, but everything that has gone on this past 7 years.

'Strange' because you read things into my post I didn't say. It's not 'disingenuous' to say we had crowds of 5K in the 80's, it's a fact. I didn't qualify that statement in any way, or compare us to Bolton, or say the only reason our crowds went up was because of Jack.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

So because Bolton get it we will that argument is slightly flawed somewhat.

Theyve not had 7 years of continuing misery of Venkys. They are now under a brighter future than24 months ago when they got relegated and couldn't pay bills. They probably will attract a larger base of followers naturally given they lie just outside Manchester and transport wise far easier to get in and out of.  They offered cheap tickets last year and 2-4-1 schemes etc where as we can't be bothered to come up with new marketing strategies. 

Your smoking something if you think we will be getting 20k a game. Even at 5 pop a ticket we'd struggle, the desire through seven years of continued decline has worn people down and they've found better things to do rather than watch 11 overpaid pansies or they are staying away out of principle at the continued decline and ownership of this once proud club.

You can only speak for yourself. Rovers fans will turn up for a promotion push just like they turned up for the ManU and L/pool cup games, and just like every other time  we've had a sniff of a success. We are no different from any other club. .

I also said we would 'start' getting crowds of 15k-20k again, and only if we are in the promotion shake up. That means the business end of the season, not every week from August onwards. And your smoking something if you think Bolton are better supported than us. Being near Manchester is irrelevant or Rochdale, Oldham and Bury would be massive.

I actually ended up buying a season ticket yesterday after boycotting last year. I live in Cardiff so don't get to games much at home, but for some reason in spite of everything I got one.

I've been very vocal in saying how attending is a thumbs up to Venkys and what they're doing, but under Mowbray something has clicked a bit and I want to support him/team, whilst still hating those idiots in Pune. 

Perhaps it was a selfish move to guarantee away tickets if we are competing at the end of the season, but really I just thought 'sod it, can't be bothered being miserable and sitting in my living room a short walk away from Ewood on matchdays when I come home'.

Hypocritical I know, but for 90 minutes a week I want it to be like it used to be and how it should be.

Just now, sambo said:

I actually ended up buying a season ticket yesterday after boycotting last year. I live in Cardiff so don't get to games much at home, but for some reason in spite of everything I got one.

I've been very vocal in saying how attending is a thumbs up to Venkys and what they're doing, but under Mowbray something has clicked a bit and I want to support him/team, whilst still hating those idiots in Pune. 

Perhaps it was a selfish move to guarantee away tickets if we are competing at the end of the season, but really I just thought 'sod it, can't be bothered being miserable and sitting in my living room a short walk away from Ewood on matchdays when I come home'.

Hypocritical I know, but for 90 minutes a week I want it to be like it used to be and how it should be.

Spot on. I've done the protesting, boycotting, supporting Duncan Miller etc but your reasons for going are the same as mine. 

I haven't been 'duped' into renewing as JB implied!

i also think it's important that I continue to go to ensure my kids are Rovers fans and don't end up becoming plastic fans of City, Chelsea etc. I think there is a real danger, if it's not happened already, of a generation of supporters being lost forever. The knock on effect of this on our support in future years could be devastating. 

One of my best mates has boycotted home games since the start of last season and continues to boycott this season. He has a 10 year old lad who did have a season ticket with him from the age of 4. The only person missing out is the poor lad! He doesn't understand the politics re Venkys etc. He came home one day asking his dad about Man City! To dads credit he brought his lad to forest away last season and he loved it.

Whilst I admire the principled stance of boycotters, would you not concede it's going to hurt the club long after Venkys have gone for this reason?

7 minutes ago, sambo said:

It's a battle for many I'd imagine between a love of Rovers and a hatred of Venky's. Then it's a battle between thinking 'does going to Ewood hinder or help Venky's'? I'm sure people change their minds all the time, but there are no right or wrong answers.

So you're not being hypocritical, you've just changed your position. Nowt wrong with that.

Archived