BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?

• Yes
    • Maybe, It depends if we stay up
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but I'll probably go to some games as a walk-on
    • No, I've just lost interest
    • No, I'm officially protesting / NAPM
    • No, I realistically can't get to games

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Think we all know certain people have principles and I admire that personally. Always get your football fix elsewhere, obviously not the same but better atmospheres, exciting games to watch etc. In the past I've watched Wigan, Bury and Man Utd whilst away from Ewood

I couldn't go and watch another team knowing my team was playing at the same time. I have watched other teams when Rovers weren't playing due to international break but it was just to watch a game of football

3 hours ago, J*B said:

I'm not going to games because I think it's in the clubs interests I don't spend with them. 

I go to games because I still enjoy attending games and going Ewood Park. I also want to support Mowbray and his team. Yes we know what the owners have done but I refused to let them force me away supporting my team at Ewood Park

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. I like to share.

A supposed superior squad going to a poorer league. Confidence was high then in 2012, admittedly with a Keaner in charge. Many people kept saying the our first 11 was better then the others in the league. It proved not to be the case.

The minimum we should demand next season is a decent season.

Its the natural stock response after a relegation, "ah think i'll go on a bit more next season, could be a good one" naively thinking because we have gone down a league that we will win more. Doesn't work like that i'm afraid.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Its the natural stock response after a relegation, "ah think i'll go on a bit more next season, could be a good one" naively thinking because we have gone down a league that we will win more. Doesn't work like that i'm afraid.

Correct we'll be the big club who everyone will want to beat 

Wasn't going to bother with season ticket this year as had enough of the rubbish on and off pitch.  (Would still  have had a few away days).But there is the tiniest glimpse of hope under Mowbray that we could have a good season and now I am swaying.  For me, a couple of actual 'paid for' transfers will swing it.  If that means waiting till prices go up, so be it.

I Would also agree that if we are at the top end of the league come Feb then we will get attendances of 15k plus at home maybe nearer 20k for final few games of a promotion season.  

People want to see a wining team and success, regardless of level (30k to full members cup final) and lot will return if we are playing well and in top 2 places - especially given the misery of the last few years.

It could be a pivotal year!

If your decision is based solely on the squad we have and how many 'paid for' signings we make I urge you to wait until the end of the window when we sell Lenihan for 400k to pay the wages. 

11 minutes ago, J*B said:

If your decision is based solely on the squad we have and how many 'paid for' signings we make I urge you to wait until the end of the window when we sell Lenihan for 400k to pay the wages. 

Mate.  It's an itch That's hard to give up after 30 odd years.  But I want to see some investment or indication that something may change for the better.  Obviously, I wish that this would be without Venkys.  Like others, I've done the protests and would again.  Above all though, I want to see BRFC winning and having something  to get behind.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Serious question will anyone actually celebrate promotion as in wild celebrations?

If I watch my team play well and win, I'll be celebrating. 

I know what you're getting at, but in the moment, the only relevance is the moment. Big picture, a promotion this season is not exactly our biggest achievement in 140+ years but it will certainly be an important step.

28 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Serious question will anyone actually celebrate promotion as in wild celebrations?

Yes.

Before my time in 1980, and I presume long before your time to pose this question, Rovers won at Bury to clinch promotion from division 3. There were wild celebrations and a mass pitch invasion from the 10,000 Rovers fans who went to Gigg Lane that night. Why shouldn't we celebrate in the same manner IF we get promoted? 

I'd celebrate promotion.  Why wouldn't I?  I doubt I'd host a barbecue party with flags round my garden as I did when we got back to the premiership, so perhaps not wild celebrations but I'd celebrate, no doubt at all.

On 6/25/2017 at 13:54, david brent said:

Spot on. I've done the protesting, boycotting, supporting Duncan Miller etc but your reasons for going are the same as mine. 

I haven't been 'duped' into renewing as JB implied!

i also think it's important that I continue to go to ensure my kids are Rovers fans and don't end up becoming plastic fans of City, Chelsea etc. I think there is a real danger, if it's not happened already, of a generation of supporters being lost forever. The knock on effect of this on our support in future years could be devastating. 

One of my best mates has boycotted home games since the start of last season and continues to boycott this season. He has a 10 year old lad who did have a season ticket with him from the age of 4. The only person missing out is the poor lad! He doesn't understand the politics re Venkys etc. He came home one day asking his dad about Man City! To dads credit he brought his lad to forest away last season and he loved it.

Whilst I admire the principled stance of boycotters, would you not concede it's going to hurt the club long after Venkys have gone for this reason?

The next generation is a good point. I can't even use that as an excuse, I don't have kids and live in Wales. It'll be a tough ask convincing my kids to be Rovers fans as getting to Ewood is so rare (mainly aways) - I'd probably settle for them supporting someone like Cardiff, as long as it isn't supporting a team via Sky! I think it's very sad when the kids suffer.

I've also joined every protest under the sun, and would do the same in future. However, when I came home and renewed, I felt so good wandering around Ewood (Jack's statue, the brick my girlfriend got to me) for the first time since the Wolves protest. Despite what's going on in the background, I got that same feeling I did as a boy.

On 6/25/2017 at 14:03, blueboy3333 said:

It's a battle for many I'd imagine between a love of Rovers and a hatred of Venky's. Then it's a battle between thinking 'does going to Ewood hinder or help Venky's'? I'm sure people change their minds all the time, but there are no right or wrong answers.

So you're not being hypocritical, you've just changed your position. Nowt wrong with that.

Fair point. I'll hold my hands up and say I've been extremely negative towards those attending, probably as a result of my own anger and partly my own insecurities over not attending. There certainly was a cloud over everything Rovers related, which has partly lifted - mainly thanks to Mowbray and the prospect of hopefully bouncing back. It won't right any wrongs, but I want to enjoy a season for the first time in what feels like forever.

4 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

I celebrated when we were promoted under both Kendall and Lee from this division.

They are some of my best memories as a Rovers fan.

4 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

No, I'll celebrate when 1) Venky's leave or 2) we are a top 10 Premier League team again with tiny debt. 

Just now, JayPeeBee40 said:

Would you boycott a Wembley play off final having never seen your team play there ala Blackpool?

We've been here before. I will not spend another penny at Blackburn Rovers Football Club until they've gone or returned us to a better position than when they bought us. No tickets, no kits, no online paid content, no car parking, no wembley tickets - nothing. 

5 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

I would celebrate promotion like I did in when Souness got us promotion

16 minutes ago, J*B said:

No, I'll celebrate when 1) Venky's leave or 2) we are a top 10 Premier League team again with tiny debt. 

Just now, J*B said:

We've been here before. I will not spend another penny at Blackburn Rovers Football Club until they've gone or returned us to a better position than when they bought us. No tickets, no kits, no online paid content, no car parking, no wembley tickets - nothing. 

You could be in for a long wait and not seeing Blackburn Rovers play live for many years to come.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would celebrate promotion like I did in when Souness got us promotion

You could be in for a long wait and not seeing Blackburn Rovers play live for many years to come.

As I've said before, I admire your positive outlook. You must have a heart of steel to cope with all the disappointments venkys have bestowed upon us, yet you keep the same mindset.

I think my last live game was when goodwillie gave away an injury time penalty against Brighton in a game we'd worked so hard to win. It seemed typical of everything since venkys took over our club and I'd had enough of paying to watch it.

Archived