BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?

• Yes
    • Maybe, It depends if we stay up
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but I'll probably go to some games as a walk-on
    • No, I've just lost interest
    • No, I'm officially protesting / NAPM
    • No, I realistically can't get to games

On 6/25/2017 at 16:48, Hasta said:

Thanks. I like to share.

A supposed superior squad going to a poorer league. Confidence was high then in 2012, admittedly with a Keaner in charge. Many people kept saying the our first 11 was better then the others in the league. It proved not to be the case.

The minimum we should demand next season is a decent season.

Horrific fact of the day:

Steve Kean had us in a promotional spot longer than the rest of the Rovers' Championship managers did combined (Black, Berg, Appleton, Bowyer, Lambert, Coyle and Mowbray) and did it in almost 5 seasons less. This makes him the most successful manager (outside of the top flight) since Souness.

I imagine that this is how his mind works.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
1 hour ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

Would you boycott a Wembley play off final having never seen your team play there ala Blackpool?

They played there in 2010 too...

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Horrific fact of the day:

Steve Kean had us in a promotional spot longer than the rest of the Rovers' Championship managers did combined (Black, Berg, Appleton, Bowyer, Lambert, Coyle and Mowbray) and did it in almost 5 seasons less. This makes him the most successful manager (outside of the top flight) since Souness.

I imagine that this is how his mind works.

It does.

The twohat has already claimed that he's proud of saving Rovers from relegation from the PL in the 2010-11! 

The problem is that, with the assistance of the passage of time, if you tell a lie often enough then others believe it to be true.

He is a useless still wannabe football manager although now sadly obscenely rich.

I hope his demise is long and tortuously painful.

I had a meeting in Blackburn today and took the opportunity to swing by Ewood and get my little boy the new strip and some other bits and pieces and was surprised to see a steady stream of people coming into the shop to either renew or get new season tickets.

Well, it's done. I booked a seat and the DD form is off in the post. If it turns out to be a mistake then at £270 it's not the end of the world.  I'm no clap away merrily supporter or a superfan, just someone with Rovers back in his heart who's final straw was Owen Coyle.  With him gone, I want to get behind the manager and see if we can finally turn the tide.

In years to come, I hope to be able to talk about the dark Div 3 days where I sat with barely 5000 others, when Tony Mowbray assembled a promotion winning team just before the Venkys jumped ship. 

It's not going to be pretty.  I'm dreading the dark, drizzly Tuesdays but from now on, I think I'm officially at a hood up,  flask-bearing age and if things don't go well, possibly even a fully-loaded hip flask.

I won't start mocking, or preaching and expect the same in return - each to their own in these difficult and strangest of times to be a Rover.  I hope to see an upturn in our results and in turn, in our vocal support.  

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You could be in for a long wait and not seeing Blackburn Rovers play live for many years to come.

Then so be it. I think we can all safely we've not missed anything.

Also there's more chance of ice forming on an oven than Rovers doing anything under this lot. We won't even make the top 10 as Ewood is corrupt cesspit of incompetence.

• Backroom

After a lot of soul searching I've done it. It's what I've done all my life.

call it an endorsement of Venkys if you will but for me this decision is an endorsement of Tony Mowbray - so he best bloody stay now 

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Still don't see the point of an 'early bird' discount if you are just going to extend it a month anyway.

Scrap it and keep the same prices till August.

Keep the same prices full stop, we are in a lower division!

Well D-Day came for me yesterday, my dad went to renew his ticket and I didn't!

Breaks my heart if I'm being honest, but I need sometime away from the club. I'll be back sooner rather than later, that I'm sure, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Actually very excited to potentially visit a few new grounds and some away trips.

After Southend.....Bradford, Rochdale, Scunthorpe, Shrewsbury, Blackpool, Oldham, Wigan, Bury all under 2 hours away, so will be cheering on the lads.

I've decided not to bother for the first time in 20 years, whilst the early recruitment looks promising I just can't forget how most of my weekends were ruined last season watching half arsed football. 

I will probably just do a few walk ons which suit my shifts, although I was nearly tempted to renew from a financial point of view when I saw the club had a three tier category rating for prices next season. How the hell they can consider any game in league one a "category A" game is beyond me.

It isn't that they consider any game 'Category A', just games which they reckon there will be a decent away crowd to fleece.

So Bradford on Good Friday and the local games, especially as some of those teams haven't been to Ewood for many a year so could well bring a good following.

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It isn't that they consider any game 'Category A', just games which they reckon there will be a decent away crowd to fleece.

So Bradford on Good Friday and the local games, especially as some of those teams haven't been to Ewood for many a year so could well bring a good following.

By fleecing the away end, the home end also pay more. There should be no sliding scale in this league. Blackburn playing say Bradford could bring a decent away following so I should pay a premium for the privilege of watching Bradford. 

Business yes, do I agree. Hell no!

Archived