BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?

• Yes
    • Maybe, It depends if we stay up
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but I'll probably go to some games as a walk-on
    • No, I've just lost interest
    • No, I'm officially protesting / NAPM
    • No, I realistically can't get to games

33 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Hearing rumours of less than 6,000 sold to date.

5 weeks to go, so normally plenty of time to sell more... but there's £50 extra to now pay, so I presume most that are to be sold were sold by yesterday's deadline.

IF that is an accurate figure our crowds will fall even further next season, when will they bottom out?

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

5 weeks to go, so normally plenty of time to sell more... but there's £50 extra to now pay, so I presume most that are to be sold were sold by yesterday's deadline.

IF that is an accurate figure our crowds will fall even further next season, when will they bottom out?

National League North :angry:

3 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Hearing rumours of less than 6,000 sold to date.

Wow. That's grim.

The price increase will almost certainly slow the next uptake drastically. Maybe the gamble didn't work. I'd be surprised if many had walked away because it's League One but I guess everyone has their limit.

Let's see if it's true or just a vicious rumour.

16 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That figure wouldn't be surprising.  Only thing that will see a resurgence in crowds is success on the pitch.  Good season and our crowds will double.

Improve, yes. Double? I don't think so. For certain games yes, but while Venky's are here there are still some who will not commit to regular attendance.

21 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That figure wouldn't be surprising.  Only thing that will see a resurgence in crowds is success on the pitch.  Good season and our crowds will double.

If Mowbray can get us winning games and playing attacking football I think some fans will come back more regular. 

51 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Agree.  That is something that never changes in football.  People will support a winning team and will walk away from one that struggles.

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

Improve, yes. Double? I don't think so. For certain games yes, but while Venky's are here there are still some who will not commit to regular attendance.

One doesn't prove the other. If our regular home attendances are 6k at the start of this season then 12k gates around Christmas and beyond if we're doing well are pretty much guaranteed I'd say. Like others have said, a successful team and people will flock back, including some of those who won't buy a season-ticket on principle of the owners still being there.  That's not a criticism, people are entitled to change their minds. It's their club.

The moral superiority of attending or not attending is really boring anyway. Apart from a few cranks, who gives a toss.

I would expect home gates early on to be around the 8 - 10,000 mark including away support.

Have I read correctly that the club are charging £2 extra per ticket for those bought on the day of the game?

If true that is terrible...we need all the 'walk-on' support we can muster.<_<

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I would expect home gates early on to be around the 8 - 10,000 mark including away support.

Have I read correctly that the club are charging £2 extra per ticket for those bought on the day of the game?

If true that is terrible...we need all the 'walk-on' support we can muster.<_<

There has to be a incentive buying a season ticket for the long haul single matchday tickets will always likely to be more expensive & rightly so. To be honest the advantage of PAYG for a extra couple of pounds will not impact I dont think. People will either go or there won't the £2 extra will not factor.

14 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I was under the impression the incentive for purchasing a Season ticket was that the average cost per game in comparison to matchday purchase was already much cheaper on average.

No need to hit the walk up support like that,especially not at this league level.

In pounds shilling & pence its roughly under £13 per game with a season ticket I shd imagine it will be around £15 per game without 1. If the single matchday ticket was the same as a season ticket matchday price it would infuriate certain people & send out the message you might as well just go PAYG. You buy in bulk you get things cheaper with the concessions as well its extremely competitive.

46 minutes ago, Bluebandit said:

In pounds shilling & pence its roughly under £13 per game with a season ticket I shd imagine it will be around £15 per game without 1. If the single matchday ticket was the same as a season ticket matchday price it would infuriate certain people & send out the message you might as well just go PAYG. You buy in bulk you get things cheaper with the concessions as well its extremely competitive.

Actually works out at an average price per game of £22 before the additional £2 surcharge for paying on the day for adults in Blackburn End. Season ticket before early bird deadline works out at £13 per game. Whether a walk on price of £24 for Division 3 football is good value I'll leave for the individual to decide!

15 minutes ago, PLJPB said:

Actually works out at an average price per game of £22 before the additional £2 surcharge for paying on the day for adults in Blackburn End. Season ticket before early bird deadline works out at £13 per game. Whether a walk on price of £24 for Division 3 football is good value I'll leave for the individual to decide!

Sorry. Didnt realise it that was that much does seem expensive when it was in championship £15 a game on RS I know the other stands are more expensive didnt realise by how much. Even more reason to get a ST from a financial point of view.

If we've only sold 6,000 thus far then we'll do well to break the 7,000-7,500 barrier next season. I would expect 90% of season tickets to have been sold by now given the early bird deadline. There might be a few unaware of it or prepared to pay more to leave it until the last minute, but the vast majority will have made a decision ahead of 1st July.

I'd be very surprised if there was such a drop really. Last season I think there was only one occasion when we announced a crowd of less than 10,000. Admittedly away followings were usually well over 1,000, but there's still a big gap there.

How many people will there be who bought a season ticket last year but aren't getting one this year? I'd have expected pretty much everyone who signed up to Coyle's regime and an expected relegation/battle would be looking at next season with more optimism. Tickets same price but with the prospect of winning more games and playing different teams and optimism of a promotion push whilst supporting Mowbray who at least deserves support.

There might be a few who have finally had enough after last season's shenanigans or cant bring themselves to watch 3rd tier football, but I'd expect the vast majority of those who put themselves through last season's horrors would stick at it for this season in the hope of better times to come.

58 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If we've only sold 6,000 thus far then we'll do well to break the 7,000-7,500 barrier next season. I would expect 90% of season tickets to have been sold by now given the early bird deadline. There might be a few unaware of it or prepared to pay more to leave it until the last minute, but the vast majority will have made a decision ahead of 1st July.

I'd be very surprised if there was such a drop really. Last season I think there was only one occasion when we announced a crowd of less than 10,000. Admittedly away followings were usually well over 1,000, but there's still a big gap there.

How many people will there be who bought a season ticket last year but aren't getting one this year? I'd have expected pretty much everyone who signed up to Coyle's regime and an expected relegation/battle would be looking at next season with more optimism. Tickets same price but with the prospect of winning more games and playing different teams and optimism of a promotion push whilst supporting Mowbray who at least deserves support.

There might be a few who have finally had enough after last season's shenanigans or cant bring themselves to watch 3rd tier football, but I'd expect the vast majority of those who put themselves through last season's horrors would stick at it for this season in the hope of better times to come.

Wait for a Cheston rally call, don't you realise your missing something you enjoy your damaging the club @#/? 

Last summer it felt like every other ST holder I came across weren't renewing, this summer has felt much different.

But anecdotal evidence is just that, I suppose, I could well be speaking to the wrong folk this time...

Have to say as much as I can see some of the reasons for the pricing policy, the early bird thing etc it's annoying to say the least that we've missed an opportunity to do something like Huddersfield did amongst others and get a real momentum towards bigger crowds.  I would say if you check the prices compared to other clubs in this league they are on a par,  I often think when the club do say a cup offer of a tenner, you get loads saying, should have been a fiver so can understand the point of keeping them at a certain level.

20 hours ago, JHRover said:

There have been 'ghost' season tickets bumping the crowds up to 10,000+ since the days of Agnew.

Since the season ticket money was mortgaged this year, I doubt the club are able to 'window dress' the numbers like in previous years.

1 hour ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Apparently the club had set a sales target of 7000. So far they have got to 5200

If you still want to buy one. If you go in and say you want to buy but are only prepared to pay the early bird price... take it or leave it.

They will take your details and get back to you agreeing to the early bird price.

Personally speaking I am 100% NAPM

Consumer rights apply seven days upon signing up I'd imagine you'd get a full refund suhail!

I haven't and wont renew this season. In fact, I am looking at only attending 5 or 6 games at home whereas I fancy at least 6 games away from Ewood.

Sad to say on my behalf but Venkys have almost killed my love of watching my beloved Blue and Whites whilst the moronic element are cementing the absence from Ewood.

5 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I haven't and wont renew this season. In fact, I am looking at only attending 5 or 6 games at home whereas I fancy at least 6 games away from Ewood.

Sad to say on my behalf but Venkys have almost killed my love of watching my beloved Blue and Whites whilst the moronic element are cementing the absence from Ewood.

Look on the bright side money to put to a few weekends away like Cotswold (Northampton) Southend, Devon (Plymouth) And London (Charlton) 

Mind you il have to tell my lady it's Bury Rochdale and Wugan every week!!!!

Archived