BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?

• Yes
    • Maybe, It depends if we stay up
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but I'll probably go to some games as a walk-on
    • No, I've just lost interest
    • No, I'm officially protesting / NAPM
    • No, I realistically can't get to games

27 minutes ago, meadows said:

Less than half of the away followings at Ewood  last season amounted to 1,000 plus. 

Really, that does surprise me. Nonetheless mega away followings from Newcastle, Villa, PNE, Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday ensured the average away following was dragged up to a much, much higher level than it will be next season. I'd be surprised if we had more than 3 or 4 away followings of more than 1,000. Bradford yes, probably Portsmouth, maybe Wigan. Other than that the club won't be able to rake it in from big away followings as they have in recent seasons. They'll probably still net off home areas and go into overkill mode. 

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Really, that does surprise me. Nonetheless mega away followings from Newcastle, Villa, PNE, Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday ensured the average away following was dragged up to a much, much higher level than it will be next season. I'd be surprised if we had more than 3 or 4 away followings of more than 1,000. Bradford yes, probably Portsmouth, maybe Wigan. Other than that the club won't be able to rake it in from big away followings as they have in recent seasons. They'll probably still net off home areas and go into overkill mode. 

I was about to say surely it's on a head count basis.

PNE

Wigan

Leeds

Newcastle

Man Utd

Sheff Weds

Derby

Norwich

Wolves

off the top of my head who brought more than 2k

id imagine Brighton and Forest probably did too.

Even with half of Blackpool inside they still mustered 1100 inside for a cup game at 10 quid a ticket.

I received a phone call from Ewood today asking my reason for not renewing. My answer was simply 'Venkys'. Nice lady said thanks for answering and that they were surveying the replies and the results would be passed on. It would be interesting to learn the results of the survey and exactly who they were passed on to. Maybe one for the next fans meeting?

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Look on the bright side money to put to a few weekends away like Cotswold (Northampton) Southend, Devon (Plymouth) And London (Charlton) 

Mind you il have to tell my lady it's Bury Rochdale and Wugan every week!!!!

Cotswolds. Northampton? 

Somewhere there's a Northampton fan saying ooh Blackburn away.  A weekend in the lakes. :P

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Cotswolds. Northampton? 

Somewhere there's a Northampton fan saying ooh Blackburn away.  A weekend in the lakes. :P

Only an hour away! Admittedly probably a chore for some but you get jist lol. Good opportunity to visit new places.

I have decided to break my boycott but the ticket office won't give me the previous offer, they now want more money! How disappointing. Didn't end up getting a ticket. Feels like they have really kept this 'season ticket freeze deadline' under wraps in a bid to con the fans. 

I genuinely don't get this con view.  The early bird thing is not especially new, and something loads of other clubs do.  I fully accept it can be counterproductive later when beggars can't be choosers comes to mind.  However it's clearly done at many clubs to drive demand and get the cash in early.  It's been advertised for ages, extended once, and pushed on twitter almost daily in the lead up the 1st of July. The Venkys are widely accepted as having some unbelievable levels of incompetence and yet suddenly we have conspiracy theories that they have come up with a scam to pretend they are going to spend money, hidden the price increase and trying to jib the fans that way?

2 hours ago, Manchester Blue said:

I genuinely don't get this con view.  The early bird thing is not especially new, and something loads of other clubs do.  I fully accept it can be counterproductive later when beggars can't be choosers comes to mind.  However it's clearly done at many clubs to drive demand and get the cash in early.  It's been advertised for ages, extended once, and pushed on twitter almost daily in the lead up the 1st of July. The Venkys are widely accepted as having some unbelievable levels of incompetence and yet suddenly we have conspiracy theories that they have come up with a scam to pretend they are going to spend money, hidden the price increase and trying to jib the fans that way?

I might be wrong but I think that was J*B being funny.

17 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

I might be wrong but I think that was J*B being funny.

Some say funny, others say sarcastic at the amount of unnecessary tweets sent from @Rovers. Every bloody hour for the last week I had something pop up on my phone about the deadline.

• Backroom
Just now, J*B said:

Some say funny, others say sarcastic at the amount of unnecessary tweets sent from @Rovers. Every bloody hour for the last week I had something pop up on my phone about the deadline.

When was the last 5 minute warning?

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

When was the last 5 minute warning?

Just before they started really spamming the season ticket deadline, coincidentally. 

4 hours ago, J*B said:

*facepalm* My bad ;-) The point does stand though around how devious they are supposedly being to bolster numbers by pretending to sign players.  No surprise we haven't signed someone in a week and the resident doommonger is back out in force. Not you btw JB.

19 hours ago, PLJPB said:

I received a phone call from Ewood today asking my reason for not renewing. My answer was simply 'Venkys'. Nice lady said thanks for answering and that they were surveying the replies and the results would be passed on. It would be interesting to learn the results of the survey and exactly who they were passed on to. Maybe one for the next fans meeting?

Next meeting is on Monday and unsurprisingly season ticket sales are on the agenda. I doubt, however, that we will get that level of detail at this stage.

51 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Next meeting is on Monday and unsurprisingly season ticket sales are on the agenda. I doubt, however, that we will get that level of detail at this stage.

Should do each cost - incoming and outgoings will have its own Cost Code/WBS in oracle/SAGE/etc so it's a two minute task to run the report of where costs sit. 

Youd imagine they'd have potentially four cost codes etc for each different type/price of season ticket for it to go to. Divide the total against price = units sold. Maybe request it pre hand?

18 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Should do each cost - incoming and outgoings will have its own Cost Code/WBS in oracle/SAGE/etc so it's a two minute task to run the report of where costs sit. 

Youd imagine they'd have potentially four cost codes etc for each different type/price of season ticket for it to go to. Divide the total against price = units sold. Maybe request it pre hand?

My point about getting a detailed report was not that it wouldn't be possible but that I doubt that the club would want to share the data at this stage. They never have, even in the old days under John Williams. We do often get some very detailed data later in the year when ST sales are complete.

They are comparing like for like & must be slightly up compared to this time last year .

Last years sales will have increased in the run up to the season starting, however I cannot see that happening this time around due to the price increase.

The figure around the start of last season was 8,500. Another 1,000 at higher prices? Can't see it. 99% of those who wanted one will have made sure they got one by end of the price freeze.

I think taking everything into account the maximum sales they could realistically hope for now would be 8,000, but I think that's pushing it.

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 17:55, 1864roverite said:

I haven't and wont renew this season. In fact, I am looking at only attending 5 or 6 games at home whereas I fancy at least 6 games away from Ewood.

Sad to say on my behalf but Venkys have almost killed my love of watching my beloved Blue and Whites whilst the moronic element are cementing the absence from Ewood.

??

Archived