BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?

• Yes
    • Maybe, It depends if we stay up
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but I'll probably go to some games as a walk-on
    • No, I've just lost interest
    • No, I'm officially protesting / NAPM
    • No, I realistically can't get to games

At this stage.

Difference being there was no price hike in July last season, so most interested folk rushed to meet the deadline, I imagine the 7,500 sold as of now won't rise much more to reach last season's 8,500 final total.

However, still a good effort.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

They are telling big porky pies

actual total is less than 5500

blatent propaganda lies

next phase of their marketing is pushing the 1875 membership 

try telling us what KPMG said instead !

IMG_0479.GIF

1 hour ago, Suhail Slayer said:

blatent propaganda lies

The Slayer has spoken. 

1 hour ago, Suhail Slayer said:

blatent propaganda lies

Don't tell me we are back to the days of 2000 'phantoms' again.

22 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

blatent propaganda lies

And the Elton John concert never took place.  15,000 folk weren't there - it was just another piece of propaganda.

23 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

blatent propaganda lies

How would you know this? I'm interested in knowing who told you this? 

No offence but you have been way wrong before. Signings before July made, Elton John concert and Mowbray staying. 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

The daftest 'scoop' of Suhail's was 'the Riverside will be closed next season' when STs were already on sale!

Must try harder!

Mischievous to call them 'scoops', more like 'spoofs'.

Funny though how others (not you) want to take the moral high ground and mock the doubters from their lofty perch, when that high ground they are on is actually a very literal pile of crap, based on annual lies, disappointment and two relegations. All 'part and parcel' though - and probably all the fault of the protests/protesters. Nothing at all to do with money (and quality of players) leaving the club, quite the opposite of course.

Fans of Venkys' version of Rovers should be far more humble in their support, and certainly not as vitriolic as some, just because very plausible predictions (and likely genuinely contemplated options) have been temporarily averted.

We are absolutely skint and at some point we are all going to be very upset with proceedings. Venkys will not sell and are not interested in us being successful, unless we fluke promotion this season; at which point they will be happy to take the credit. Then dismantle the team again to cover costs.

A possible promotion season, based on the squad on 1st July, has gone to a few heads. Experience tells us that there will be some sales to cover costs/wages. The triumvirate of Mulgrew, Graham and Lenihan will be where the money is, although Evans, Bennett and Nyambe could well have irons in fires.

Let's hope instead that it's more likely that Stokes goes and is replaced by a League One lad who knows where the goal is. Although even they are probably out of our budget range. Heart strings for Josh Morris? If Stokes and Graham do go then we are well short.

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Funny though how others (not you) want to take the moral high ground and mock the doubters from their lofty perch

Another passive-aggressive dig at those you hold a grudge against. What was it you said yesterday about  'pot stirrers' keeping their 'beaks out''?

Right. This has chuff all to do with football. So it's all being moved to ICBINF.

We've tried to be massively tollerant of discussions of race, religion and poltics recently and on the whole, things have been ok and the personal mud-slinging has all but stopped. Lets keep it that way.

This area of the site is for football. ICBINF for everything else.

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

Get out in the garden and enjoy the sunshine, it'll do you all the world of good.

Or even better, go and enjoy the sunshine with your neighbours, rather than encouraging others to go fight them !

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

How would you know this? I'm interested in knowing who told you this? 

No offence but you have been way wrong before. Signings before July made, Elton John concert and Mowbray staying. 

When I asked you who told you the constant and usually unfounded transfer speculation, you told me to go and find it myself. Can't have it both ways.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

When I asked you who told you the constant and usually unfounded transfer speculation, you told me to go and find it myself. Can't have it both ways.

Problem I trust Rovers to announce the right figures for season tickets. 

Unfounded transfer speculation? Arent Gladwin, Whittingham and Smallwood all Rovers players now? Cant be unfounfed at all can it? 

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Mischievous to call them 'scoops', more like 'spoofs'.

Funny though how others (not you) want to take the moral high ground and mock the doubters from their lofty perch, when that high ground they are on is actually a very literal pile of crap, based on annual lies, disappointment and two relegations. All 'part and parcel' though - and probably all the fault of the protests/protesters. Nothing at all to do with money (and quality of players) leaving the club, quite the opposite of course.

Fans of Venkys' version of Rovers should be far more humble in their support, and certainly not as vitriolic as some, just because very plausible predictions (and likely genuinely contemplated options) have been temporarily averted.

We are absolutely skint and at some point we are all going to be very upset with proceedings. Venkys will not sell and are not interested in us being successful, unless we fluke promotion this season; at which point they will be happy to take the credit. Then dismantle the team again to cover costs.

A possible promotion season, based on the squad on 1st July, has gone to a few heads. Experience tells us that there will be some sales to cover costs/wages. The triumvirate of Mulgrew, Graham and Lenihan will be where the money is, although Evans, Bennett and Nyambe could well have irons in fires.

Let's hope instead that it's more likely that Stokes goes and is replaced by a League One lad who knows where the goal is. Although even they are probably out of our budget range. Heart strings for Josh Morris? If Stokes and Graham do go then we are well short.

A very good summary in my opinion.

Early signs look hopeful, but nothing that couldn't be wiped out with a few key departures. I anticipate a tense month or so..

I would be very sorry to lose Mulgrew, Lenihan, Graham or Bennett. Given Wharton's return and recent midfield acquisitions, I fear we will lose Mulgrew or Lenihan, at least,

In a previous life, Gordon Lee allowed Field to leave and built a promotion winning team with some of the proceeds.

In normal (not ours) circumstances, you would expect departures and reinvestment of some of the fees to build a promotion team. Under the Loons and their partners, we have learned that departures are only ever negative as far as the team is concerned.

By the way, I have met Suhail Slayer and he is one of the most passionate Rovers fans I have ever come across. And I think you are right in referring to his "spoofs" as opposed to "scoops"!

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Problem I trust Rovers to announce the right figures for season tickets. 

Unfounded transfer speculation? Arent Gladwin, Whittingham and Smallwood all Rovers players now? Cant be unfounfed at all can it? 

:lol: All them players were heavily linked in the build up to them signing, I think you might have to put the journalist career on hold.

My point was more in the hypocrisy of your query.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

:lol: All them players were heavily linked in the build up to them signing, I think you might have to put the journalist career on hold.

My point was more in the hypocrisy of your query.

Thats one job I wouldnt want to do. 

Very happy with my new job and the money I get. Plus it allows me more time for Rovefs and family/friends time. 

Thanks for your concern ?

57 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

A very good summary in my opinion.

Early signs look hopeful, but nothing that couldn't be wiped out with a few key departures. I anticipate a tense month or so..

I would be very sorry to lose Mulgrew, Lenihan, Graham or Bennett. Given Wharton's return and recent midfield acquisitions, I fear we will lose Mulgrew or Lenihan, at least,

In a previous life, Gordon Lee allowed Field to leave and built a promotion winning team with some of the proceeds.

In normal (not ours) circumstances, you would expect departures and reinvestment of some of the fees to build a promotion team. Under the Loons and their partners, we have learned that departures are only ever negative as far as the team is concerned.

By the way, I have met Suhail Slayer and he is one of the most passionate Rovers fans I have ever come across. And I think you are right in referring to his "spoofs" as opposed to "scoops"!

Second that. @Suhail Slayer is a real Rovers man. I know how gutted he is to be NAPM whilst some of his regulars still attend every week, he's like Abbey, they're top lads with decent morals in which they won't jepodise. I admire there passion and ability to be principled.

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

To be honest Leonard, I see a lot of similarities between Lee and Mowbray and it's one of the reasons I'm so optimistic about the coming season.   Ultimately, as the owners aren't going anywhere anytime soon we need a manager who can make the best of the situation and Mowbray, like Lee, seems a straightforward guy who knows what he wants to achieve and seems to have a plan as to how to achieve it. 

3 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

To be honest Leonard, I see a lot of similarities between Lee and Mowbray and it's one of the reasons I'm so optimistic about the coming season.   Ultimately, as the owners aren't going anywhere anytime soon we need a manager who can make the best of the situation and Mowbray, like Lee, seems a straightforward guy who knows what he wants to achieve and seems to have a plan as to how to achieve it. 

I guess I do too, PB. But I know I am desperate to see such similarities! 

I was very impressed with Mowbray at the supporters meeting and he stood out from the other ( questionable) panel members!. I would certainly want to play for him...

19 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Does not compute !

Archived