BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?

• Yes
    • Maybe, It depends if we stay up
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but I'll probably go to some games as a walk-on
    • No, I've just lost interest
    • No, I'm officially protesting / NAPM
    • No, I realistically can't get to games

I havent had a season ticket for 3 seasons , only been on 3 games all season....Unlikely , Venkys really have to go for me......But I am going to Brentford , why ? Cos Blackburn Rovers are in my blood and always will be ! 

Venkys Out !

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I'm rather like Matty with my stance, though luckily I have a mind of my own! 

I've only been to three games all season (2 home, 1 away). I suspect I might well get a season ticket next season if I'm being honest. Just as something to do to be honest. Any protests or action though, I'll be on board and keen to be involved in.

12 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

A.

Though i assume I'm now a H*ppy Clapper?

I've been on nearly every protest, I'll be rattling buckets when the time comes and arranging the trials on Pleasy for FC Rovers of Blackburn, so I can sleep easy.

The fans I know are nothing like Parson's 'we all enjoy it' crew, but will I/they stop attending? Simply no. They are fully aware of what has gone on this past 6 years, plenty got involved with 18-75, but not going doesn't come into it, this is the hand we've been dealt and you get on with it. We'll be there to pull the club up by its bootstraps in 2,3,5 years time.

Does that make us better in some way than boycotters? Not a bit of it, but of the 15,000 missing fans, boycotters are a principled but small minority, the majority are simply lost and for me we need a decent core of matchgoing fans if we at ever going to rise again.

Fantastic post.

A) for me although I certainly wouldn't go as far as to say I've been enjoying it for the last few seasons. However whilst I can't say there would never be a point at which I would say enough is enough, at the moment the fewer fans who go and the more fans who give up or boycott, the more determined I am to maintain my support as long as I am able as the Club needs the support of the remaining (fool) hardy few all the more.

As Matty says that doesn't make anyone a better fan than the next person it's a personal choice and how I feel.

I think Brentford are one of the worst teams we could be facing this weekend so my head says we'll go down.

In League 1 I think there is an annual wage bill cap of 60% of turnover. In terms of potential fanbase we could be one of the better supported teams down there next season which could give us an obvious advantage (In terms of our Owners putting no money in and just converting debt to shares to keep the club ticking over) The more people buy season tickets the better in my humble opinion.

It's time to see how loyal our fans really are. Our club needs us. If we abandon it now we don't deserve a club. This is no longer about our scumbag owners. They are a just a tiny dot of excrement on our proud history.

Lets not be gutless whiny b'stards. Get yer tickets. yer scarves, yer drums and yer family and friends.

Jack would be turning in his grave if he thought we'd abandoned Ewood and left it to rot. He'd want 20k people there protesting, not 5k sat in silence.

Count me in

Up the Rovers:rover:

• Backroom
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I didn't see your name mentioned

No but your post appeared to insinuate that anyone who doesn't get a ST next season is a 'gutless whiny @#/?'.

D

As soon as the rats desert the ship we'll have 4 season tickets please, but until that happens not a chance.

To quote the legendary Sam Cooke and my banner, if it ever arrives.....

It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change gon' come, oh yes it will

Just now, Mike E said:

No but your post appeared to insinuate that anyone who doesn't get a ST next season is a 'gutless whiny @#/?'.

My post was aimed at those that lament our misfortune ad nauseam but do nothing else.  Protest, buy a ST, do something but don't just bang on about 'how far we've fallen'.

The club and the fans, IMO, would be best served if we all turned up every other Saturday and gave the owners and their reps something to think about. It's very easy for them at the moment.

Jack would be ashamed at how we've abandoned the club he built. I genuinely believe that.

Just now, Gav said:

D

As soon as the rats desert the ship we'll have 4 season tickets please, but until that happens not a chance.

To quote the legendary Sam Cooke and my banner, if it ever arrives.....

It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change gon' come, oh yes it will

That approach really isn't working.

• Glenn changed the title to Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

That approach really isn't working.

I'm staying away for my own sanity not to force Venkys out, the NAPM part doesn't apply to me, its nothing to do with money.

For me its about taking back control and not letting those rats have an influence over my weekends.

It could be argued that by me not attending they're influencing my weekends, but I can go if I want, I'm not obligated either way really.

41 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I think Brentford are one of the worst teams we could be facing this weekend so my head says we'll go down.

In League 1 I think there is an annual wage bill cap of 60% of turnover. In terms of potential fanbase we could be one of the better supported teams down there next season which could give us an obvious advantage (In terms of our Owners putting no money in and just converting debt to shares to keep the club ticking over) The more people buy season tickets the better in my humble opinion.

It's time to see how loyal our fans really are. Our club needs us. If we abandon it now we don't deserve a club. This is no longer about our scumbag owners. They are a just a tiny dot of excrement on our proud history.

Lets not be gutless whiny b'stards. Get yer tickets. yer scarves, yer drums and yer family and friends.

Jack would be turning in his grave if he thought we'd abandoned Ewood and left it to rot. He'd want 20k people there protesting, not 5k sat in silence.

Count me in

Up the Rovers:rover:

Have to laugh. Especially with people like Parson liking it. Another 'blame the fans if we are crap' post.

People won't protest because they don't like the attitude of protesters, yet those same people applaud the opposite - "come back or you're a @#/? fan". The hypocrisy of some folk is palpable.

On to your baseless assertion:

The average gate in League One is 8,000. Many of the teams down there are a fair old trek away so away followings aren't likely to be massive. Unless they see us as some sort of scalp. If we drop to League One with no sign of ambition to mount a promotion challenge then we will be down to about that figure, probably a little less, which will make us bang average and with our ST price point (people won't pay more for the @#/? on offer) and no TV revenue we will not have an advantage. Particularly if we sell our decent young players.

But let's say you are right, and we get to 14,000 average (which would make us second biggest after Bradford, with Sheffield United* going up) then that's 6,000 additional fans over the mean - at an average of, say, £200 each to account for concessions - or £1.2m in total. Is that really going to give us an edge?

For a squad of 18:

8,000 ST holders = £1.6m = £1025/wk @ 60%

14,000 ST holders = £2.8m = £1795/wk @ 60%

That puts us on the average wage bracket for a a poor League One and a decent League Two side. So the idea of fans returning en masse to get behind the lads being an advantage is a fallacy. Unless you somehow expect 21k gates in League One? No, you aren't that daft.

So, in theory, we would need to double adult season ticket prices and charge more for concessions to give us an advantage. But, in reality, that would halve the possible attendance because Blackburn folk just won't stand for that (metaphorically or literally).

If we drop, we will be completely reliant on Venkys continuing to service an increasing debt (of their making) to survive, let alone rebuild. Plenty of fans who have sacrificed their own attendance to get behind the idea of cutting if enough of Venkys oxygen that they will release their death grip. Why would they change now because of a second relegation? So let's stop with all of the whiny b'stard fans bullshit, eh.

*By the way, Sheffield United (another side shafted by the F.A. Old Boys Club) have just walked the title, with 100 points, scoring 92 goals and conceding only 47. They have consistently had over 18,000 average gates since dropping to League One.

It took them 6 years.

D

although I'll go to as many away games as possible.

If we had new owners who created a positive environment around the club, I think we'd get back to 10k home fans in League One, maybe more if we were top of the league like Sheff Utd.

Just now, OJRovers said:

D

although I'll go to as many away games as possible.

If we had new owners who created a positive environment around the club, I think we'd get back to 10k home fans in League One, maybe more if we were top of the league like Sheff Utd.

I think you're actually 4/5 thousand out OJ, new owners and a promotion push in league one and we'd see 14/15k i believe.

Just now, Stuart said:

Have to laugh. Especially with people like Parson liking it. Another 'blame the fans if we are crap' post.

People won't protest because they don't like the attitude of protesters, yet those same people applaud the opposite - "come back or you're a @#/? fan". The hypocrisy of some folk is palpable.

The average gate in League One is 8,000. Many of the teams down there are a fair old trek away so away followings aren't likely to be massive. Unless they see us as some sort of scalp. If we drop to League One with no sign of ambition to mount a promotion challenge then we will be down to about that figure, probably a little less, which will make us bang average and with our ST price point (people won't pay more for the @#/? on offer) and no TV revenue we will not have an advantage. Particularly if we sell our decent young players.

But let's say you are right, and we get to 14,000 average (which would make us second biggest after Bradford, with Sheffield United* going up) then that's 6,000 additional fans over the mean - at an average of, say, £200 each to account for concessions - or £1.2m in total. Is that really going to give us an edge?

For a squad of 18:

That puts us on the average wage bracket for a a poor League One and a decent League Two side. So the idea of fans returning en masse to get behind the lads being an advantage is a fallacy. Unless you somehow expect 21k gates in League One? No, you aren't that daft.

So, in theory, we would need to double adult season ticket prices and charge more for concessions to give us an advantage. But, in reality, that would halve the possible attendance because Blackburn folk just won't stand for that (metaphorically or literally).

If we drop, we will be completely reliant on Venkys continuing to service an increasing debt (of their making) to survive, let alone rebuild. Plenty of fans who have sacrificed their own attendance to get behind the idea of cutting if enough of Venkys oxygen that they will release their death grip. Why would they change now because of a second relegation? So let's stop with all of the whiny b'stard fans bullshit, eh.

*By the way, Sheffield United (another side shafted by the F.A. Old Boys Club) have just walked the title, with 100 points, scoring 92 goals and conceding only 47. They have consistently had over 18,000 average gates since dropping to League One.

It took them 6 years.

You've completely destroyed your own argument with the last paragraph of your post. The fact it took Sheffield United 6 years to bounce back merely illustrates how difficult it will be for us to do so if we do go and the fewer people attend games the more difficult it will be.

We all know that no matter how many people attend we will still be losing money hand over fist next season and as has been the case for a while we will be reliant on Venky's to keep the doors open for business.

However as far as the operating budget (such as it is) is concerned, a pound is a pound and every little helps.

Is it Venky's fault we're where we are now? Absolutely. Is it the fans fault? Absolutely not. Can you blame fans for staying away? Not really. Would we have a better chance of success if a large number returned next season? Absolutely.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

You've completely destroyed your own argument with the last paragraph of your post. The fact it took Sheffield United 6 years to bounce back merely illustrates how difficult it will be for us to do so if we do go and the fewer people attend games the more difficult it will be.

We all know that no matter how many people attend we will still be losing money hand over fist next season and as has been the case for a while we will be reliant on Venky's to keep the doors open for business.

However as far as the operating budget (such as it is) is concerned, a pound is a pound and every little helps.

Is it Venky's fault we're where we are now? Absolutely. Is it the fans fault? Absolutely not. Can you blame fans for staying away? Not really. Would we have a better chance of success if a large number returned next season? Absolutely.

No I haven't. You've clearly missed the point entirely in your glee.

The fans being asked to return to somehow give us an edge is a fallacy.

The edge is down to the money that comes in through other means. Even Sheffield United are far more marketable than us and have a better strategy.

Despite being in League One this last 6 years they have been making millions in transfer fees and reinvesting. This is what will change our fortunes - club owners and board hell bent on investing and reinvesting in the squad to get up the leagues. Asking fans to return to the scene of the slow-motion car crash - that still hasn't finished - for a bit more rubbernecking, on the basis that if they don't they are simply whiny @#/?s, is nothing but a guilt trip.

Something has to change at the club first. Whether we like it or not. And I still attend!

Just now, Stuart said:

No need to bring others into it.

Not sure if you're scoring points by proxy here or responding to me.

It's going to give us more of an edge than the 4K who turn up at Rochdale and they just missed out on the play-offs. Bradford's season tickets cost around half the price of ours. If 15k turn up at Rovers we will be better financed than Rochdale and many other teams, all other things being equal.

For a squad of 18:

So we're better off. add in match day takings etc and the gap widens

That puts us on the average wage bracket for a a poor League One and a decent League Two side.

Link? In 2014-15 the average salary in League 1 was £69k and in League 2 £40k. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3456453/Mind-gap-Premier-League-wages-soar-average-salaries-2014-15-season-1-7million-rest-creep-along.html

14k fans would enable us to be one of the better payers in the League, as opposed to average payers with 8k.

So the idea of fans returning en masse to get behind the lads being an advantage is a fallacy. Unless you somehow expect 21k gates in League One? No, you aren't that daft.

See above.

No we wouldn't. See above

If we drop, we will be completely reliant on Venkys continuing to service an increasing debt (of their making) to survive, let alone rebuild.

I acknowledged that in my original post. I've still not had an answer to the question I posed a few weeks ago of what happens when debt is turned into shares. Does that debt vanish? Is that what has happened at Rovers to the tune of £80m? Genuine question (it says a lot about this forum that 'genuine question' has to be added fir fear of being called a Venky-loving WUM:rolleyes:)

Plenty of fans who have sacrificed their own attendance to get behind the idea of cutting if enough of Venkys oxygen that they will release their death grip. Why would they change now because of a second relegation? So let's stop with all of the whiny b'stard fans bullshit, eh.

Because it isn't working. The 'whiney' comment was a call to arms, it wasn't meant as an insult. Why walk away, it's a bit like not voting and then complaining about the result.

It took them 6 years.

And they consistently had some of the best players but appointed the wrong managers. They finally get it right in Wilder and they're up.

There's a lot in there. I'll ignore the tittle tattle at the start.

Your assertion that gates equals an advantage in wages in wrong. And you quoting the Daily Mail doesn't help your argument. I'm not going to retype out my maths again but the figures definitely put us in the lower League One bracket. But it's still a drop in the ocean.

Something needs to change at the club for fans to return and you thinking calling boycotters 'whiny @#/?s' is a call to arms is backwards logic.

People won't come back for gimmicks or offers. They need to see that the club are serious about building a League One promotion bid. That WILL take Venkys coin - however much you think otherwise.

The trouble is that existing fans will be asked to take a leap of faith in Phase One of ST sales because with only the sale of our better players and loss of our best prospects nobody is going to pay Phase 3 prices. Look out for those Phase Two and Phase Three extended deadlines.

By the way, do you work for the club?

Archived